Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
26-year old in Israel dies from Kawasaki disease
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:29 pm
(The reason I find this newsworthy is because of the relatively low number of infections in Israel, so each death shows us the great risks involved in the disease.)

http://www.israelnationalnews......81839

26-year-old Oshri Asulin from Kfar Saba died on Sunday evening at Sheba Hospital from complications caused by COVID-19, after having already recovered from the virus.

Asulin had been hospitalized for about two months before his death. His funeral was scheduled for Sunday night.

Channel 12 News reported that Asulin arrived at Tel Hashomer Hospital suffering from strong abdominal pain and fever. He underwent a coronavirus test which came back positive, following which his condition deteriorated quickly and he developed a heart condition that has been reported in a small number of cases of children who also caught the virus.

The Mayor of Kfar Saba, Rafi Sa'ar, eulogized Asulin, saying, "We were saddened by the passing of our resident Oshri Asulin, whose life was cut short at just 26 years old. Dear Oshri, a smiling and lively young man, died after contracting the coronavirus several weeks ago and after fighting the illness. I send a warm embrace and consolations from here on behalf of all the residents of the city. May his memory be a blessing.”

In the last 24 hours, there were 83 new cases of coronavirus diagnosed in Israel. 3,380 Israelis are currently infected with the virus. The total number of cases on respirators remains the same and stands at 24

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:43 pm
Baruch dayan haemet.

This is really tragic.

CiCi

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:44 pm
That's terrible, to have recovered from Covid-19 and afterwards die from Kawasaki disease...

I really believe ( kindly refrain from bashing me for stating my belief. FYI, free speech is protected by the first amendment under the US Constitution) that this virus is partially lab created as it mutated and is mutating into so many mutations all in one season that it doesn't seem like a natural-born virus to me.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:50 pm
CiCi wrote:
That's terrible, to have recovered from Covid-19 and afterwards die from Kawasaki disease...

I really believe ( kindly refrain from bashing me for stating my belief. FYI, free speech is protected by the first amendment under the US Constitution) that this virus is partially lab created as it mutated and is mutating into so many mutations all in one season that it doesn't seem like a natural-born virus to me.

I won't bash you.
But what you believe has nothing to do with reality.
And since you are not a virologist, what it seems to you is not very relevant...
You just don't have the necessary scientific background to make that call...

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:52 pm
CiCi wrote:

Every time a virus infects another person, it mutates in some way. This virus is relatively stable. Are you referring to some info I haven't read yet?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:53 pm
CiCi wrote:

The latest death before this in Israel was also someone who recovered (AFAIK, in Israel recovered means getting at least 2 negative tests), and then he got Covid again several weeks later. A 58 year old. There's a lot we don't know about this disease.

CiCi

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:17 pm
Ora in town wrote:
I won't bash you.
But what you believe has nothing to do with reality.
And since you are not a virologist, what it seems to you is not very relevant...
You just don't have the necessary scientific background to make that call...

My belief MAY be reality or may not. I did not come up with that theory, there are many scientists who studied the virus and came to that conclusion.

It can EQUALLY not be reality that it was a virus that transmitted from animals to humans as other scientists claim. It's all hypothetical. At this point nothing is conclusive and it may never be.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The latest death before this in Israel was also someone who recovered (AFAIK, in Israel recovered means getting at least 2 negative tests), and then he got Covid again several weeks later. A 58 year old. There's a lot we don't know about this disease.

He didn’t get over it, obviously he never recovered from it the first time

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:22 pm
Cheiny wrote:
He didn’t get over it, obviously he never recovered from it the first time

He did. In Israel they don't discharge until someone has had at least two negative tests.

He was one of the first hospitalized in Israel and then was discharged after recovering. He then got reinfected.

tweety1

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He did. In Israel they don't discharge until someone has had at least two negative tests.

He was one of the first hospitalized in Israel and then was discharged after recovering. He then got reinfected.

Doesn't mean a thing. A article I read stated that you can have a positive test untill 82 days later.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:27 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Doesn't mean a thing. A article I read stated that you can have a positive test untill 82 days later.

And therefore? Not sure how that disputes his story Scratching Head

Amazing how everyone here just 'knows' what happened, better than the doctors who actually dealt with him.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:42 pm
Baruch Dayon HaEmes. Crying

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:19 pm
Right now my biggest fear is reinfection, because if you get it again it seems to be invariably fatal the second time around.

I don't know if they are testing to see if people are coming down with different strains on the second round, if it's a flare up of the first virus that never fully went away, or something else entirely.

I do know that when I recovered, I found that my immune system was completely wiped out, so I can see how a secondary viral infection could do so much more damage. If the first round of Covid made me seriously ill for 2 months, what would another round of it do to me? Sad

CiCi

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Right, we really know so little. The virus is so mysterious, I wonder how long it will take to get the full picture. There are so many different and unique symptoms (no smell or taste...), the fact that there are some people who get it the second time while the majority don't seem to get it again (at least for now), and the fact that it can cause unique complications even if one has recovered from the virus is so atypical of viral infections.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:47 am
tweety1 wrote:
Right, and here in Israel, you are in bidud until you have 2 (I thought it was 3, but who knows) negative results for the corona test. So someone could end up being in isolation for a LONG time, but they wont get the all clear until they are tested 2 or 3 times.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You are discharged from hospital when you have recovered to a point that you no longer need hospitalization. Then you either come home or or a hotel, and continue care under the supervision of kupat Cholim. After being fully asymptomatic for at least three days they can start doing tests to show recovery.

Quote:
Right, and here in Israel, you are in bidud until you have 2 (I thought it was 3, but who knows) negative results for the corona test. So someone could end up being in isolation for a LONG time, but they wont get the all clear until they are tested 2 or 3 times.

One needs two consecutive negative tests, at a distance of at least 72 hours. If this patient really was one of the first to be infected, the nohalim were slightly different at that time.

The latest nohal (last week) states that is someone has been completely symptom free for at least thirty days, yet have not been able to get two consecutive negative tests, they are considered to be recovered to a point where they carry a viral load that is sufficiently low that they are unable to infect others, and may leave bidud.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:41 am
The mother is adamant that it was medical negligence that caused his death, not corona.
He apparently was unplugged from all his machines for 15 min while they transferred him rooms.
Plus it's unclear as to whether he had corona at that time or not.

https://www.ynet.co.il/article.....oplay

Success10

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:55 am
I understood that the theory that the virus is lab-made is not longer considered a crazy conspiracy theory. It's being considered by mainstream authorities. None of us know for sure, but it certainly doesn't make someone nuts for believing that.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:12 am
Success10 wrote:
I understood that the theory that the virus is lab-made is not longer considered a crazy conspiracy theory. It's being considered by mainstream authorities. None of us know for sure, but it certainly doesn't make someone nuts for believing that.

Which mainstream authorities are considering the theory?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:40 am
todays news says "Kawasaki like complications from Covid" which is more nuanced
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics