Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Share your worst customer stories
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I have been a serious shopper for many years. The worst worst shopping experience that I have ever had was the first time I went shopping in Boro Park, I guess we were not well dressed enough for Boro Park standards. What works for Bergdorfs doesn't seem to work in Boro Park. We went into a children's clothing store. And the woman refused to show me things. Everything that I asked about she told me that I couldn't afford. It was one of the most bizarre experiences ever and cured me from shopping in Boro Park. (This was around 20 years ago.) I went to a different store and bought a bunch of stuff. I really wanted to do what Juila Roberts did in Pretty Woman when she goes back to the first store where the woman wouldn't server with all her shopping bags.

Sometimes people bash boro park because they dont fargin.

What do we have more than you? Did we get a bigger piece of chocolate from mama?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:29 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

What do we have more than you? Did we get a bigger piece of chocolate from mama?

I think you just proved her point.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I have been a serious shopper for many years. The worst worst shopping experience that I have ever had was the first time I went shopping in Boro Park, I guess we were not well dressed enough for Boro Park standards. What works for Bergdorfs doesn't seem to work in Boro Park. We went into a children's clothing store. And the woman refused to show me things. Everything that I asked about she told me that I couldn't afford. It was one of the most bizarre experiences ever and cured me from shopping in Boro Park. (This was around 20 years ago.) I went to a different store and bought a bunch of stuff. I really wanted to do what Juila Roberts did in Pretty Woman when she goes back to the first store where the woman wouldn't server with all her shopping bags.

I know 2 stores in Boro Park who do this and one in Flatbush.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:38 am
I am a recruiter.

I once placed an analyst in a company.

After the date on the agreement, before charging the cc, I checked in with my client to see if he is happy with the hire. He told me that he wasn't and that he fired him.

It was a shock to me because I knew he really liked this analyst and also because the day before I heard from the analyst that he likes the work there and he is very happy so far.

I called the client again and he said no. The analyst isn't there anymore.

I checked one last time with the candidate and he told me he can't talk because he is in the office but he thanked me again for getting him this job.

As per our written agreement I charged the cc on file.
The client was furious he told me he will dispute the charges.

Was a nightmare. Bh I moved on and I don't even remember if he disputed it or not.

forgetit

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:45 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I am a recruiter.

I once placed an analyst in a company.

After the date on the agreement, before charging the cc, I checked in with my client to see if he is happy with the hire. He told me that he wasn't and that he fired him.

It was a shock to me because I knew he really liked this analyst and also because the day before I heard from the analyst that he likes the work there and he is very happy so far.

I called the client again and he said no. The analyst isn't there anymore.

I checked one last time with the candidate and he told me he can't talk because he is in the office but he thanked me again for getting him this job.

As per our written agreement I charged the cc on file.
The client was furious he told me he will dispute the charges.

Was a nightmare. Bh I moved on and I don't even remember if he disputed it or not.

This takes the cake!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I know 2 stores in Boro Park who do this and one in Flatbush.

What stores do this?
I dress plainly and I dress my baby in carters clothing. Would love to avoid those places

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:15 am
A friend just told me that the owners of the house they're trying to buy had the house appraised - but then didnt pay the appraiser. I knew that these owners drive a hard bargain, but I was flabbergasted that they had made someone come all the way out, do the work of an inspection, and then stiffed him. The nerve!

Last edited by Rappel on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:30 am

Not sure what you mean by this. I was a young new mother who could afford to buy my children nice clothing and I had come to Boro Park for the first time as a "grown up" to shop for my kids and was treated in a very insulting and embarrassing way. Imagine if I had been struggling financially, coming to a frum place to shop and being embarrassed like that?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:22 am
This happened many years ago, when I was in H.S. and only heard the story. My mother had a sewing store and as a favor, she would take clothing to someplace that does buttonholes. She probably made a few cents doing it because it is a business after all. Anyway, She was once sued in small claims court by this woman who complained that the buttonholes were in the wrong direction, not the wrong side. The judge kept asking the woman, you wanted buttonholes? You got buttonholes? What’s the problem? Of course he wouldn’t understand, but either way the judge recognized her because that wasn’t the first time she was in his court complaining about something.

I’m sure my mother would have been able to say a lot more stories since she was in the retail business for over 20 years.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:24 am
I live in bp and there were two stores that treated me terribly. The first experience was as a young teen. I was looking for earrings for myself. I was wearing a coat that had seen better days but I loved it and as a stubborn teen I refused to throw it away. Also because I knew the financial situation in the house I was saving my babysitting money for earrings because my mother promised to buy me a new coat when she could afford it.
I walked into a small jewelry store and asked to see their earrings. The saleslady took one look at me and refused to help me. With disgust in her eyes she tells me I can't afford what she's selling. I was very adamant that I'm saving my babysitting money and I will be able to afford it. Can you imagine how it felt to be treated like a thief? She showed me a tray or two but was standing over it like a hawk as if I would grab a pair and run. Mind you, I never went back there even when I could afford it.
The other bad experience wasn't even my fault. I have a sil who is very strong minded and the louder she yells the more correct she is. There used to be a shoe store that I was a good customer in. The owner was always ready to help me, I always referred my friends. I made a mistake by referring my sil there because as always happened she didn't like the shoes she bought. When she wanted to return it, the owner refused to accept it and I fully agreed with him. Store policy as is in all shoe stores are that shoes are returnable if never worn and my darling sil had worn her shoes and it showed on the bottom and so the owner refused to take them back.
I only found out about it because the next time I went in there, suddenly there was no sales lady around to ask any questions. I tried again another day and thought I was coming when it was quiet. I tried a third time and this time I actually heard the owner tell the saleslady to disappear and no-one should give me service. I was perplexed, what did I do?
When I spoke to my sil next, it all became clear. She ruined it for me. She had a yelling match with the owner and was now stuck with shoes that she didn't want......

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:35 am

You actually just proved her point exactly. I hate hate shopping in BP. The attitude in some stores..... If the sales people don't like my nose, no one will look at me. They practically throw me out of the store, they're not interested in my business.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:16 pm
I worked in a clothing store for a short while and had a customer who was abusive to her daughter in front of me. She told her she was too fat for clothing and should stop eating pizza and ice cream all day and then she’d be thin and pretty. She was screaming at her and embarrassing the poor girl. It was heartbreaking to watch.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:03 pm
I was at a restaurant and wanted tap water they said you need to buy bottled water

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:43 pm
I went food shopping with a friend. She wanted to buy overripe bananas to bake with. One manager had given her a discount on them previously, and she was hoping to get that discount again. She had gone to this store earlier in the day, but the manager on duty wouldn't give the discount to her. She was hoping for a discount later in the day.
So, we are on line to pay. She asks the cashier for a discount as the bananas are overripe. The cashier calls the manager to ask. My friend sees the manager and says loudly for all to hear 'oh, never mind. That's the same rotten manager who wouldn't give me a discount earlier ". I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. I was so embarrassed over her behavior. I will never take this friend shopping again.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:57 pm
I was looking for a custom wig. and went to a showroom... a friend hairstylist suggested I ask them to wash it, and see how it air dries. They did it for me, and sent me a picture. I sent it to this friend, who said it looked frizzy and she wouldn't get it. I call the saleslady, and tell her. she was so mad. I understand it was frustrating to wash it, and need to blow dry it again without a sale. But what she said was "You can't make me wash a wig, and then tell me you're not buying it bec. its not good. Just tell me you can't afford it. and if you can't afford it, dont look for stuff you can't afford." So I sent her a pic of the wig I DID buy, that was equal or more than what her wig cost.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I was at a restaurant and wanted tap water they said you need to buy bottled water

What's wrong with this? Maybe the water isn't filtered or not good for drinking.

nywife

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 4:38 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I went food shopping with a friend. She wanted to buy overripe bananas to bake with. One manager had given her a discount on them previously, and she was hoping to get that discount again. She had gone to this store earlier in the day, but the manager on duty wouldn't give the discount to her. She was hoping for a discount later in the day.
So, we are on line to pay. She asks the cashier for a discount as the bananas are overripe. The cashier calls the manager to ask. My friend sees the manager and says loudly for all to hear 'oh, never mind. That's the same rotten manager who wouldn't give me a discount earlier ". I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. I was so embarrassed over her behavior. I will never take this friend shopping again.

Forget taking her shopping, I’d seriously question my friendship with someone who acted like this.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:16 pm
I sell wigs. My worst customer is a relative of mine Sad she knows EXACTLY what she wants but then makes me undo it all.
She says she wants to go longer but then tells me she regrets it and we should cut it short
She tells me she wants height even when I discourage it but then tells me its too high.
Worst part is she expects not to pay and whenever I charge her she looks flabbergasted

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:18 pm
I used to be a graphic designer. I once had a random guy call and start screaming at me that one of my designs had been copied off of his (it wasn't, I did the design personally and it was 100% my own work). I listened in growing dismay until my boss got wind of what was going on and insisted I give him the phone instead of stammering apologies - I'll never forget how he told the guy 'you cannot talk like that to my employees! How dare you talk with such disrespect to my workers!' Then he got off the phone and apologized to me for having to deal with that customer!

THAT is a boss I can respect. He was one of the most ehrliche bosses I ever worked for and is a very upstanding person.

Another time I had a client come in spitting that the shade of yellow on her advertisement was 'off'. she was so out of control about it that I thought she must have forgotten to take her medication.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I sell wigs. My worst customer is a relative of mine Sad she knows EXACTLY what she wants but then makes me undo it all.
She says she wants to go longer but then tells me she regrets it and we should cut it short
She tells me she wants height even when I discourage it but then tells me its too high.
Worst part is she expects not to pay and whenever I charge her she looks flabbergasted

Wow!! What she expects free wigs??? BH my relatives are all thrilled with the discount I give them.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics