Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
2 year old w environmental allergies. Treatment?

jfk92

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:08 pm
Hi ladies,
I will be speaking to my pediatrician tomorrow iyh. But wanted to hear from Imas who have similar experience. My son (who also has lots of food allergies) seems to present w enviornmental ones as well. The past few days even weeks he isnt really himself. At first I attributed it to potential teething but it doesnt appear to be the case. His sleep has been very disruptive, red puffy eyes (which he obviously makes worse running) stuffy nose and sneezing. When I asked the allergist he said tests for enviornmental allergens arent specific enough for this age. For those whos children are similar? How are you treating it? Daily/nightly does of benadryl/claritin? Other meds? Would love to hear back and gain some more info.
Thanks!

jfk92

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:39 am
Bump?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:18 am
Zyrtec everynight.

jfk92

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:26 am
Thanks! Just wondering how long did it take to notice a difference? And was it a pediatrician or allergist that made the recommendation? Im curious if anyone else has heard that enviornmental testing isnt done so younge. Or if I should maybe take him for another opinion on that? Although he definitely presents w allergy symptoms.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:49 am
jfk92 wrote:
Thanks! Just wondering how long did it take to notice a difference? And was it a pediatrician or allergist that made the recommendation? Im curious if anyone else has heard that enviornmental testing isnt done so younge. Or if I should maybe take him for another opinion on that? Although he definitely presents w allergy symptoms.

Noticed a difference the next day. Pediatrician recommended it but I went to an allergist to inquire about shots but said not to do anything yet at this age. Since the zyrtec helped we haven't pursued it anymore. DH had environmental allergies as well but got shots as a teen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics