Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
ISO tracker for toddler
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:09 pm
Looking for an inexpensive tracker for a toddler for vacation....prefer something that doesn't need a smartphone if possible....but open to all suggestions. Perhaps an ankle bracelet or watch....thanks! Oh, and please post if you used it personally....and what your experience was...

flmommy

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:12 pm
Look at tile. Not specifically for kids but works great for tracking items.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:16 pm
Ooc what’s a tracker?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Ooc what’s a tracker?

Something that's used to track a rambunctious toddler, so a worried mom always knows where he is Smile

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:24 pm
I need to get one!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:26 pm
A tracker can't replace parental supervision. What if he's on a road, otherwise stuck somewhere and in need of help, etc?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
A tracker can't replace parental supervision. What if he's on a road, otherwise stuck somewhere and in need of help, etc?

Tangerine is right, you have to watch your toddler.

Stars

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:55 pm
Use your eyes as a tracker. If you're scared of him running off outside get a toddler leash.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:31 pm
Chas v'shalom! I would never use the tracker in place of me watching him with my own eyes. Its just in case he gets lost or is out of my sight for a minute or two....instead of me freaking out...I can track him and find him. Obviously I will be very vigilant in watching him....but toddlers will be toddlers and it happens that they get lost even if its only for a couple of min....

Rappel

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:35 pm
Tangerine, Mustard - some children need it.

DS was a runner as a toddler. He just had a burning curiosity, and tremendous energy. Until you've had a 1.5 year old climb a tree to get over a 2 meter garden fence, you have not walked a mile in these shoes.

OP - we almost bought a tracker, but we didn't in the end, so I can't recommend any. We didn't like the watch ones, because my son would have taken it off in a minute. We devised a belt which we would put under his clothing, and which he couldn't open, and we were going to attach a tracker chip to that. The important things to know about trackers - most require some kind of subscription, and many are limited in range otherwise. There was one that didn't and had a great range, but it was several hundred dollars for a single tracking chip. So do your research. Hatzlacha!

happy chick

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:39 pm
Back in the day, kids had bells on their shoes. They couldn't get 2 feet away without knowing where they were .

RuralIma

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 2:53 am
We have a jiobit but it requires a smartphone. It comes with different clips that you can loop (it screws) to a belt loop or a shoe and a toddler wouldn't be able to take it off and it wouldn't accidentally fall off. You're able to set it so if a kid wanders father than a few feet it will make noise until the kid is back in range.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 3:29 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Tangerine is right, you have to watch your toddler.

Based on your response, I’m assuming you don’t have a child like hers.

Hatzlocha op, it can be tough, but they grow up so quickly.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:11 am
My kids are real runners as toddlers.
Several years ago, One shabbos afternoon while watching my kids outside, my son disappeared. I was searching for two hours. Asked everyone for help, then chaveirim. We found him at my mother in laws house 20 minutes away!
I moved recently, there's a main Street two minutes from my house. As much as I keep a strong eye, my special needs toddler runs off. I already found him at the main crossroad three times. It took him less than a minute to get there. I just need to turn around and he's gone.
I already found him in many different places, he runs off so quick and runs...

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:46 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
We found him at my mother in laws house 20 minutes away!.

Im sorry, what? A twenty minute drive or walk? How many miles?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:52 am
My daughter was a runner. Once she was solid on her feet, I had to keep a constant eye on her. There were plenty of times when I took my eyes off her for a couple seconds and she would be literally across the street, or in the middle of the street....
For when we went out, I got her a leash. It was great, because it gave her freedom to move around (she never wanted to be in the stroller) but I never had to worry about the heart attack of not knowing where my kid was.

salt

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:02 am
Several years ago, One shabbos afternoon while watching my kids outside, my son disappeared. I was searching for two hours. Asked everyone for help, then chaveirim. We found him at my mother in laws house 20 minutes away!
I moved recently, there's a main Street two minutes from my house. As much as I keep a strong eye, my special needs toddler runs off. I already found him at the main crossroad three times. It took him less than a minute to get there. I just need to turn around and he's gone.

He's at the main crossroad within a minute from being inside your house?
Just put a better lock on your front door.

Does he know that he has to stop at the road?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:03 am
salt wrote:
He's at the main crossroad within a minute from being inside your house?
Just put a better lock on your front door.

Does he know that he has to stop at the road?

You know that’s not how it works with a runner, right? Even more so a runner with special needs?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:07 am

Same with my niece, she arrived by my (parents) house mid school day. The school got an earful but I still couldn’t get over a three year old doing that. She was adamant that she hadn’t crossed any streets (she stayed on one side of a Main Street but crossed many smaller intersections). Bh she was ok and it was actually a turning point for her. We took her to speak to a Chaveirim member and her parents had a long talk with her- but she was only able to understand it at that age. Younger she would just bolt.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 10:29 am
I am looking for suggestions of apps that you have personally used to keep track of your toddler. I am not looking to debate whether I need to be watching him at all times. I know that. Please keep this thread on "track"...lol...pardon the pun!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics