Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
American Idol 7
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 8:12 am
Anybody else watching American Idol this season?

I love the audition episodes the most!
Can't wait to see all the people who are going to Holywood!!!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 8:15 am
Nope. Hate it. It's stupid and completely contrived.

anon

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 11:36 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Nope. Hate it. It's stupid and completely contrived.

I liked it a lot until I discovered how contrived it was. Pretty disappointing.

But I'm still going to follow it once it gets to the top 12, because by then the performances are full of talent and really entertaining.

mandksima

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 11:41 am
I watch it on youtube (no tv) - it either makes me laugh (if it really is too bad to believe) or cry (for their embarassment) if they're bad or smile with happiness for them if they're pretty good. No matter how contrived, it is entertainment for me when I just need to chill out alone. My DH hates it but I like all talent shows - remember "Star Search"??

Squash

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 11:49 am
it's contrived? I don't have a tv but I've seen it a couple of times in dr offices, etc. are you saying it's not what it looks like? sorry for sounding so naive. just curious.

ny21

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 11:56 am
I watched it .iT was alot of fun ,

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 11:59 am
Squash wrote:
it's contrived? I don't have a tv but I've seen it a couple of times in dr offices, etc. are you saying it's not what it looks like? sorry for sounding so naive. just curious.

It used to be fun to watch because you'd get people that really thought they were the greatest singers ever, but made fools of themselves on TV. Now all the nutty people know they can't sing, but just just dress stupid and act like morons in order to get their few minutes of airtime.

It's just the same thing every season, after awhile it gets boring.

anon

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 12:04 pm
Also this:

http://www.votefortheworst.com.....tants

chayitty

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 5:02 pm
so wat do u think about the top 24?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 5:08 pm
I'm really into it. They put all my favorites in the top 24 so I think this is going to be a good season. The handsome guy Michael, Aisha Epperson, Syesha, Kristy Lee Cook, Ramille.... they're all my favorites and all made it into the top 24.

I'm not into Chris Daughtry type music but I like David and Amanda's voices and think they'll make the final 12 though only one of them will make it to the final 6 or so.

My faves in the past have been Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken--- I've watched every episode every season (can you believe it?). There are no Carrie types and no Clay types this season so I don't know if I have a SUPER fave yet.... I'll keep watching and see!

chayitty

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 5:24 pm
I like the 16yr old with the haorse voice(dont know his name)..I also like that guy that sang 2nd by hollywood week...atleast this year they have some pretty faces....

Yakira

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 5:48 pm
They have some nice talent this year. Two of the strongest voices aren't even American!

chayitty

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 5:53 pm
I cant stand randy he just copies everything everyone else says.....have a thought of ur own for once

Yakira

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 6:02 pm
That's weird cuz Randy usually talks first how could he be copying the others?

chayitty

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 6:08 pm
I dont know if he talks first or not but listen carefully.....he repeats everything they say...sometimes in an undertone like he just wants to be heard

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 6:24 pm
I pop in here and there ... for FUN ... can you imagine the people who sing so horribly bad and think they can sing ... shock

now I know a few people who really should be on it ... oh well ... they're not interested ... What

chayitty

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 6:38 pm
yeah my hub says he trying out hes gonna sing rabuzi mir vellin benchen from lipa....im like ur so bad u might actually make it to see the judges.. Thumbs Up
I love this banging head one
Banging head

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 4:20 am
I felt really bad for that Josayah guy. (the one who lives in his car).
I really wanted him to get into the top 24!!!

And, I hope that David Archuletta wins. He's the little guy, who's 17.

hindyandrafi

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 7:54 am
The first two episodes were good and since then, its been awful.. However I switched on last week and there seems to be real talent this season.. I will be watching definately!!!!

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 8:51 am
I honestly don't think David Archuletta is all that great. A cutie, sure, but not the best singer. And Josiah---- I just HATED the fake British accent. I felt for his plight, but he didn't deserve to make the top 24 in my opinion.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics