Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
American Idol 7
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

yummydd

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 9:38 pm
Can someone give me real clear instructions on how to use mininova I have downloaded azureus but this is all new to me . please help me!

chayitty

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 11:10 pm
did the bugger story from david herndaz make anyone else naucius....like I cant look at him anymore...I think that was a big mistake sayin that story

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 3:24 am
yummydd wrote:
Can someone give me real clear instructions on how to use mininova I have downloaded azureus but this is all new to me . please help me!

Just go to mininova.com or isohunt.com and do a search for whatever u are looking for. Once you locate it just click "download" and it should start downloading thru azureus.
Btw, S or seeds means the amount of people sending the file out to you and L or leechers is amount of people that want it. The more seeds there are the better chance u have of getting it faster.

yummydd

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 7:51 am
Thanks Amother, how long does it usually take? does 4 days make sense?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 2:57 pm
yummydd wrote:

From my experience it takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks (but I usually just cancel it if it doesnt move for a few days) it all depends on how many people are uploading it (sending it out) which is the amount of seeds and how big the file is. I was just downloading programs for a pda and it took less than 2 minutes because it was a tiny file but a huge file like a full season of a show which is about 4 or 5 gb can take days if not weeks.
If you see that the percentage isnt moving for a while you can try searching for it again and get another one going and see maybe that one will go faster.
Btw, you have to be careful because a lot of these files have viruses and spyware attached to them.
Oh and download at your own risk because most, if not all, of these downloads are illegal.

bpgirl

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 3:43 pm
I LOVE IT I RECORD IT EVERY TUESDAY AND WED I NEVER MISS IT. SIMON MAKES THE SHOW I LIKE DAVID ARGULATA ALOT AND BROOKE WHITE. I HATE THE ROCKER GIRL WITH BLACK AND BLOND HAIR!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 4:09 pm
bpgirl wrote:
I LOVE IT I RECORD IT EVERY TUESDAY AND WED I NEVER MISS IT. SIMON MAKES THE SHOW I LIKE DAVID ARGULATA ALOT AND BROOKE WHITE. I HATE THE ROCKER GIRL WITH BLACK AND BLOND HAIR!

Same here (in HD), u forgot thursday too! the results most important part!
I hate the rocker girl too, she has a weird deep voice. but I dont like brooke white, shes too good girly for me

yummydd

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 9:01 am
amother wrote:
yummydd wrote:

From my experience it takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks (but I usually just cancel it if it doesnt move for a few days) it all depends on how many people are uploading it (sending it out) which is the amount of seeds and how big the file is. I was just downloading programs for a pda and it took less than 2 minutes because it was a tiny file but a huge file like a full season of a show which is about 4 or 5 gb can take days if not weeks.
If you see that the percentage isnt moving for a while you can try searching for it again and get another one going and see maybe that one will go faster.
Btw, you have to be careful because a lot of these files have viruses and spyware attached to them.
Oh and download at your own risk because most, if not all, of these downloads are illegal.

So Are you trying to say that the computer must be switched on for all this time? A few days in ago? I am downloading on a Laptop, what happens if I take it out of the house for a while will he download continue once I bring it back? or will I have to restart?

catonmylap

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 9:51 am
Quote:
So Are you trying to say that the computer must be switched on for all this time? A few days in ago? I am downloading on a Laptop, what happens if I take it out of the house for a while will he download continue once I bring it back? or will I have to restart?

If you are doing just one episode, it usually takes only a few hours.

It will always find what you've done already and continue from there. You just might need to turn it back on again.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 1:12 pm
I leave both my laptop and my desktop running 24/7/365, I just never bother turning them off because it takes forever to start them up again. The computer does have to be on for it to download. If you lose the internet connection (like take the laptop out of the house) then the download will stop but it should start again automatically once it finds a connection again unless you turned off the computer in which case you have to turn on the downloading program again and set it to download. Also, one episode doesnt necessarily take less than a day, it depends how many people are sending it out. If noone is sending it out then you can wait forever and it wont download.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 3:52 am
Okay peoples!
It's down to the two Davids now.
Who do you think is gonna win?

I would love if David Archuletta wins. Can't stand Cook.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 10:33 am
Yeah me too I hope Arceluta wins. he is so so sweet

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 3:12 pm
I'll only know tomorrow, can't wait to see the results already!!!!!!!!

chillax

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 4:38 pm
I really hope Cook wins!! Archuleta is sooo annoying and he's the biggest nerd. I hate the way he looks and talks and everything. He has a pretty good singing voice but he's such a nothing beyond that. He has no personality either!
Cook has such originality and I love his sound. He really makes the songs his own.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 4:50 pm
hm what a popular name ... david vs david not goliath ...

I say archaletta his voice has so much emotion and beauty Music

ny21

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 4:56 pm
I think that david cook will win

MrsLeo

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 6:00 pm
all the newspapers and websites are saying Archuleta will win but Cook will do better in the music industry later on.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 8:34 pm
Can American Idol be seen online? I can't seem to find it?
What about clips anywhere else?

MrsLeo

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
Can American Idol be seen online? I can't seem to find it?
What about clips anywhere else?

You can find clips on youtube.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 8:40 pm
I need you ... to guide me ... Music cause when I'm bad ... I'm so so bad ... Music
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics