Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If the stories about hospital neglect are true
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:14 am
Why aren't all our askanim and assemblymen focusing on uncovering what went on in order to lobby for our needs and prevent it happening again in the future, should there be a second wave?

Instead of channeling all efforts to lobby for camps, playground and whatnot to reopen?

Like, hello, priorities anyone???

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why aren't all our askanim and assemblymen focusing on uncovering what went on in order to lobby for our needs and prevent it happening again in the future, should there be a second wave?

Instead of channeling all efforts to lobby for camps, playground and whatnot to reopen?

They are. Just not in the news.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:19 am
NY passed a law to allow 1 visitor which is a welcome change.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:19 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
They are. Just not in the news.

You're just adding to my question. Why isn't it in the news?

Why are they all going on mic to protest that we need NY to open NOW, but not publicizing that people have been dying unnecessarily?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

And some hospitals are still not allowing this!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You're just adding to my question. Why isn't it in the news?

Why are they all going on mic to protest that we need NY to open NOW, but not publicizing that people have been dying unnecessarily?

They can't do that outright because sadly we still need these hospitals

At one point hatzhloh stop taking people to the hospitals even very critical ones, they gave supplies like oxygen tanks, monitors ECT. For the family and they had a paramedic come by five times a day to check on the patient. They recommend for the family to hire a nurse as well. They knew what was going on.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe this indicates that not all the stories are true.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:35 am
Elfrida wrote:

The lawsuits will be coming out. I’m not sure why they aren’t public yet cause I know a few who have lawyers and have plans. The horror stories are unfortunately true!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:38 am
Elfrida wrote:

I'm sorry but you're pouring salt on open wounds. The stories are true and if you would live in the neighborhood that these hospitals are you would hear it from the survivors alone! Literally stories that you would only read in story books. An older man literally compares it to his Holocaust days Crying

chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:42 am

Only in some hospitals

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
The lawsuits will be coming out. I’m not sure why they aren’t public yet cause I know a few who have lawyers and have plans. The horror stories are unfortunately true!

There won't be any lawsuits. Cuomo passed a bill that you won't be able to sue hospitals for any covid related malpractice. This is why there's so much neglect going on. My relative was hospitalized for a while and she kept calling crying that she's starved.
I think that askanim are making more of a matziv about camp because camp is in Cuomo's hands alone, while every hospital has their own policies.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:53 am

ITs a pilot program only available in Select hospitals

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
And some hospitals are still not allowing this!

The hospitals themselves don’t make the rules. There is currently a pilot program in place for 11 NY hospitals. If you’re not one of the 11 you can’t have visitors, by law

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:09 am
And that my friend is what the health officials meant by “flatten the curve”
It didn’t mean that less people would get corona, it meant “ let’s spread it slower” so that there would be enough personnel to help.
But no, we know better, “ it’s better that we all get it together like that it will be over sooner”
“ It was sooo “funny” making simchos behind the officials back.”
“We made a regular wedding, you wouldn’t know it was corona”

Yes, in some areas it is over quicker (hence the arguments about sd)
But at what cost? We killed some of the patients by neglecting to flatten the curve.

Yes there were 2 empty hospitals, but,
number1, they were not equipped with ICU beds, which all corona patients needed. So that didn’t help.
Number 2, there was no staff because they were sick themselves.
When a hospital has120% capacity and only 65% staff, you will run into problems.

Nurses, housekeeping, dieticians, were working their @sses off but there were just so many people to go around. When so many staff members were sick.

Another point to consider, if a person is admitted now, they have a much better chance of recovery. Hospitals know a bit more about treatments, what works, what doesn’t. They can think with a clear mind as opposed to chaos.

Yes it makes us feel better being able to say deaths were caused by neglect, but have in mind who did the neglect.

And before you make the complaint, make sure that you fill out your census paper. It’s the least you could do.

mig100

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:28 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
And that my friend is what the health officials meant by “flatten the curve”
It didn’t mean that less people would get corona, it meant “ let’s spread it slower” so that there would be enough personnel to help.
But no, we know better, “ it’s better that we all get it together like that it will be over sooner”
“ It was sooo “funny” making simchos behind the officials back.”
“We made a regular wedding, you wouldn’t know it was corona”

Yes, in some areas it is over quicker (hence the arguments about sd)
But at what cost? We killed some of the patients by neglecting to flatten the curve.

Yes there were 2 empty hospitals, but,
number1, they were not equipped with ICU beds, which all corona patients needed. So that didn’t help.
Number 2, there was no staff because they were sick themselves.
When a hospital has120% capacity and only 65% staff, you will run into problems.

Nurses, housekeeping, dieticians, were working their @sses off but there were just so many people to go around. When so many staff members were sick.

Another point to consider, if a person is admitted now, they have a much better chance of recovery. Hospitals know a bit more about treatments, what works, what doesn’t. They can think with a clear mind as opposed to chaos.

Yes it makes us feel better being able to say deaths were caused by neglect, but have in mind who did the neglect.

This is so sad and so true.

I mean I understand the lockdown went on too long and we are all fed up. I don't understand why some communities are so PROUD how they managed to get around all the sd rules.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:32 am
We need something like nanny cams.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:32 am
This was before people even had time to get fed up.
It was within the first 2 weeks.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Are we speaking to ourselves here???

I don't know about the stories of neglect. I have not personally witnessed them. We are all aware of many tragic deathes??

In that case why are we busy throwing tantrums that camps won't open?? Do we not realize how disastrous an outbreak upstate can be?? cv

Do we not realize the risks of having kids fly in from all over the country and living on top of each other for weeks?

Is giving up a summer vacation for ONE YEAR such a big price to pay? Is this rrally where we want to use our influence to advocate for change?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:47 am
There was a number of reasons for the neglect, mostly Cuomo s mismanagement:

1- he passed law that there will be no malpractice for treatment of covid19, causing nurses, residents, medical personnel to feel theres no accountability , thus some neglect by some bad nurses, docs.

2 he passed law that there can be no visitors in hospitals causing chaos and neglect to patients treatment because there was no one keeping track of patients when the system was so overburdened, again giving opportunities for bad nurses and drs to neglect patients and to make decisions about treatment that is not in accordance with patients and their families wishes. Due to the emergency situation, they were allowed to do this.

3- pandemic unemployment - he thought people will sacrifice to go to work if their job is in a healthcare setting. Many opted to stay home...causing major shortage of nurses, drs

There were many, many dedicated caring drs, nurses who worked endless hours to exhaustion. Unfortunately, the bad apples had an easy way to neglect, harm and mistreat patients in the climate of chaos.

Most of the Manhattan hospitals still do not let anyone in. Askanim and medical referral agencies are directing many people to out of ny hospitals at this time.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
This was before people even had time to get fed up.
It was within the first 2 weeks.

yes that's true. In the tristate area we closed down much too lately. It was a deadly costly mistake.

Had we been asked to lockdown a week before Purim, do you think we would have taken it seriously?

The popular opinion on this site seems to be, if I don't see people dying right and left, I should have the freedom to do as I please. Yep, we pay the price for the freedom.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics