Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Mom has ruach Hakodesh about baby name??????
Previous  1  2

ssspectacular

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:09 am
chicco wrote:
I think it is the parents, not just the mom.

https://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48909437.html

Thank you for linking this.

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:13 pm
I tell you this, and I've told this to lots of people so I think some people already know who I am now.
Anyhoo... My mother had a dream when she was pregnant (around 20 weeks) where she saw a big bright light and where she heard a voice saying: ''Hallo Mama I'm Esther''. She woke up my non-Jewish dad and said: ''We will having a girl her name is Esther'' and my dad ''Whatever floats your boat''. You need to understand, my mom was not frum, my grandma who lost her parents in the shoa hated her for looking so Jewish, she did not knew anything about ruach hakodesh or miracles or hashem.
Anyhoo, she just goes through her pregnancy and when she is due, her baby doesn't come out. So she goes to doctors and everything and they don't understand why she is not able to give birth, they gave her medications to get in labor and nothing works. Literally nothing, so after almost 2 weeks of letting her giving birth naturally, she gets a c-section.
When she is out of the anesthesia she is discussing the name with my dad, and then she reminds the dream she had and this is why I have such a Jewish name while I didn't knew what Judaism meant.
Oh, to be totally weird out... My Jewish birthday is 13 Adar.

This is how the Eiberste works in this world. All secret and sneaky..

I also know about a dad who had a ruach hakodesh. A rebbetzin I know, got a baby brother and her father said that the name would be in during the bris (a few days later) I guess Mordechai X and she needed to go to the city hall to make it official, so she did and later her father got a dream where his grandfather said that it should be Mordechai Y, which was his name on the bris. Her brother always was struggeling with the fact that he had a name in his passport which he never used.

Another story was that the family agreed on name X during the bris but the dad said Y and he didn't know why

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:51 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
It's mom's baby, mom chooses name.. Thats what hashem wants the baby to be named. That's close enough to ruach hakodesh.

No actually IT IS RUACH HAKODESH that mom gets about the name when she gives birth
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions