Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do u have a person in your life who COMMENTS ON EVERYTHING
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:13 pm
"Omg you got a new wigs??!!"

" love your new shoes"

" your soooo tanned"

"You lost weight!!"

The type of person who nothing gets past them? And theyll announced in front of men, coworkers, acquaintances who your not friends with?

Pls commiserate with me!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:38 pm
No but I have a friend who has a negative view on life

Radish

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:53 pm
No, not one person that comments on everything. Just every person comments on one thing.... So at the end of the week, I have a collection.

But I agree it's highly annoying!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:01 pm
Yes. My almost 2yr old daughter 😊

“Mommy has new neck-u-less?”

“Ooh. So pretty dressed. It’s pink and blue?”

“You have a blush? I also want a blush on my face”

“Oh! Mommy’s working !”

“Oh! Mommy’s all don work”

“Mommy, your snood fall down. Here , I should put it back”

“Mommy’s so tired”

“Mommy’s so happy”

And on and on she goes...non stop all day . But she’s a two year old and not a 32 yr old.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

" love your new shoes"

" your soooo tanned"

"You lost weight!!"

The type of person who nothing gets past them? And theyll announced in front of men, coworkers, acquaintances who your not friends with?

Commiserating.
I have exactly this person in my life. She lives in a place where she's able to see everything, and she does. She has a comment to make about every positive, negative, unusual and ordinary everyday thing about every person in my family and every person not in my family who goes in or out my front door. She notices things about us I'd never notice in strangers and sometimes I didn't even notice it in my own kids but she did. She's a very nice person aside from this little character flaw. I got used to her comments. It's like a running commentary on my life without the really private stuff she wouldn't know unless she had x-ray vision.

...You think maybe she does?
Can't Believe It

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:19 pm
Maybe they don't have more interesting contents in their lives...
maybe they never read a book..
maybe they have no hobbies.
Maybe they are not very educated.
Maybe they think that social control is a good thing.
Maybe they chose themselves to be the chronicler of their social circle.
Maybe they are astute.
maybe they are observant.
Maybe they could have useful information when you want to know something.
Maybe they want to show you that they care, that they remember, that they pay attention

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:23 pm
Please explain how this is highly annoying! It's a nice thing to say when you see someone have something new or if you see something that's pretty. It's a way of starting a conversation. I'm extremely observant and I enjoy pretty things.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Commiserating.
I have exactly this person in my life. She lives in a place where she's able to see everything, and she does. She has a comment to make about every positive, negative, unusual and ordinary everyday thing about every person in my family and every person not in my family who goes in or out my front door. She notices things about us I'd never notice in strangers and sometimes I didn't even notice it in my own kids but she did. She's a very nice person aside from this little character flaw. I got used to her comments. It's like a running commentary on my life without the really private stuff she wouldn't know unless she had x-ray vision.

...You think maybe she does?
Can't Believe It

Okay this is just a person that's being a yenta. This is not what OP described

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:47 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Please explain how this is highly annoying! It's a nice thing to say when you see someone have something new or if you see something that's pretty. It's a way of starting a conversation. I'm extremely observant and I enjoy pretty things.

OK but please don't comment on my body. That's where I draw the line.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
OK but please don't comment on my body. That's where I draw the line.

I would never comment on your body unless you have drastically lost weight, and I know you were struggling. As a side point I would probably be the last person to figure out if you're pregnant or not I'm not looking to be a yenta.

freilich

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:01 pm
Yup! I do.

Love her. Not.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:03 pm
I would never comment on your body unless you have drastically lost weight, and I know you were struggling. As a side point I would probably be the last person to figure out if you're pregnant or not I'm not looking to be a yenta.

No, not even on weight loss, unless I am your best friend and I constantly tell you how my diet is going.

Please be aware, there are about 50,000 reasons as to why a person might have lost weight and actively working on it in a healthy way (meaning, not because of an eating disorder) is only one of them.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Yes. My almost 2yr old daughter 😊

“Mommy has new neck-u-less?”

“Ooh. So pretty dressed. It’s pink and blue?”

“You have a blush? I also want a blush on my face”

“Oh! Mommy’s working !”

“Oh! Mommy’s all don work”

“Mommy, your snood fall down. Here , I should put it back”

“Mommy’s so tired”

“Mommy’s so happy”

And on and on she goes...non stop all day . But she’s a two year old and not a 32 yr old.

Aww I love this! And I’m laughing because my 2yo daughter does the exact same thing. The only times it bugs me is when it’s along the lines of:

“Mommy why you in there? You eat cookie! I WANT COOKIE!!!” and then they all come running.

Aside from that I love it to pieces! My little sidekick. 💗

I could see how it might get annoying with an adult though, depending on the friendship dynamic, not sure. Never happened to me. But I’m pretty friendly and accepting (if I do say so myself!), so I doubt it would be an issue for me personally.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:08 pm

Some people lose weight because of serious illness. I am also astute and observant but keep my astute observations to myself.

mamma llama

Kiwi13 wrote:
Aww I love this! And I’m laughing because my 2yo daughter does the exact same thing. The only times it bugs me is when it’s along the lines of:

“Mommy why you in there? You eat cookie! I WANT COOKIE!!!” and then they all come running.

Aside from that I love it to pieces! My little sidekick. 💗

I could see how it might get annoying with an adult though, depending on the friendship dynamic, not sure. Never happened to me. But I’m pretty friendly and accepting (if I do say so myself!), so I doubt it would be an issue for me personally.

Ha! Now that I can definitely commiserate with! LOL

Radish

There's a way to compliment (your dress is beautiful) and then there is comment (oh I see you have a new dress, never saww you in it.) and once you're dealing with comments they range from appreciated to highly annoying (I heard your kids up all night, did you try melatonin?)

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:09 pm
Radish wrote:
There's a way to compliment (your dress is beautiful) and then there is comment (oh I see you have a new dress, never saww you in it.) and once you're dealing with comments they range from appreciated to highly annoying (I heard your kids up all night, did you try melatonin?)

I would say I love your dress it looks so good on you. I agree there's a way of expressing yourself

mamma llama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

" love your new shoes"

" your soooo tanned"

"You lost weight!!"

OP, I say those things to my friends (minus the weight-loss), but I don't announce it in front of a group of people. I like to give compliments! Hooray

Would it bug you less if your friend was more discreet when she said these things?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:12 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
No, not even on weight loss, unless I am your best friend and I constantly tell you how my diet is going.

Please be aware, there are about 50,000 reasons as to why a person might have lost weight and actively working on it in a healthy way (meaning, not because of an eating disorder) is only one of them.

I wrote I would only comment if I knew you were struggling meaning to say you share the journey with me.

BTova

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:16 pm
I hope my friends don’t think of me the way you describe your friend! By no means am I a yenta but I’ll always make sure to compliment you on your new dress, necklace or shoes (not in front of men) and I like to receive those same compliments as well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics