Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can you please stop?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:44 pm
I'm so so so frustrated.

Can everyone who feels the need to put down those of us who are tearing out hair out by Day 29362618472 of lockdown please be quiet?
Yes, I am furious that the parks (we call them parks, stop being obnoxious about reminding us that they're playgrounds, in our world, they're parks) are closed. Absolutely furious. Don't tell me to be creative. I'm working full time with my very very little kids home full time and we live in a tiny apartment with no grass in sight. Just stop. Stop telling me I shouldn't have had kids if I can handle being home with them. Stop telling me that people are dying so playgrounds are meaningless. Stop telling me that back in your days you didn't have parks and you were just fine.
Well I'm not fine! And my kids are not fine! We held it together for a while and now it's too much.
Especially if you don't live in Brooklyn, you have no idea how insane the last few months have been for us and you certainly have no right to preach about how ungrateful / immature / incapable / uncreative we are.

Thanks for listening.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:45 pm
I'm with you sista!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:46 pm
If I knew who you were and meeting people off the internet wasnt so terrifying ... I'd invite you to my backyard. We're a 30 min drive to Brooklyn. But out town feels like the country.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:47 pm
Another sista here. Life’s been tough. Empathize don’t preach

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:47 pm
avrahamama wrote:
If I knew who you were and meeting people off the internet wasnt so terrifying ... I'd invite you to my backyard. We're a 30 min drive to Brooklyn. But out town feels like the country.

Oh my! And all this only half hour away?! Jealous

Just One

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so so so frustrated.

Can everyone who feels the need to put down those of us who are tearing out hair out by Day 29362618472 of lockdown please be quiet?
Yes, I am furious that the parks (we call them parks, stop being obnoxious about reminding us that they're playgrounds, in our world, they're parks) are closed. Absolutely furious. Don't tell me to be creative. I'm working full time with my very very little kids home full time and we live in a tiny apartment with no grass in sight. Just stop. Stop telling me I shouldn't have had kids if I can handle being home with them. Stop telling me that people are dying so playgrounds are meaningless. Stop telling me that back in your days you didn't have parks and you were just fine.
Well I'm not fine! And my kids are not fine! We held it together for a while and now it's too much.
Especially if you don't live in Brooklyn, you have no idea how insane the last few months have been for us and you certainly have no right to preach about how ungrateful / immature / incapable / uncreative we are.

Thanks for listening.

My words exactly!

amother
OP

avrahamama wrote:

I'm not as obnoxious as I sound in my OP, I'm just fed up. We go to the patch of grass a few blocks away but after who knows how many days of it, my kids have no interest in balls, bubbles and scooters, they just want to climb and slide.

I don't have a car and similar sentiments about meeting people off the internet Wink but the gesture is sweet. Nice to see mothers who genuinely commiserate with another absolutely wiped out mama.

amother
Magenta

There are lots of places with green spaces in Brooklyn you can go to. Yes, some are a schlep. Yes, many people in those places aren’t SD or wearing masks, but there are places you can carve out a little piece for just yourself and your family. No, the kids won’t have playground equipment but they can run, scooter, bike (if distance isn’t too great or you can even make it a fun walk if it’s a reasonable walking distance). Buy hoola-hoops, bubbles, bring toys. People complaining that their kids are stuck inside all day are doing it to themselves.

Obviously this doesn’t apply to all situations.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:50 pm
There's two separate things here.

1. Finding it hard. I'm sure everyone will emphasize with you on that one. Happy to brainstorm solutions to your/our predicament.

2. Making a big stink and chillul Hashem about it. Sorry I won't keep quiet on that part.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:51 pm
Well said!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not as obnoxious as I sound in my OP, I'm just fed up. We go to the patch of grass a few blocks away but after who knows how many days of it, my kids have no interest in balls, bubbles and scooters, they just want to climb and slide.

I don't have a car and similar sentiments about meeting people off the internet Wink but the gesture is sweet. Nice to see mothers who genuinely commiserate with another absolutely wiped out mama.

Are you kidding me?!? I pray for YOU daily!!!! I went to the basement to toss in a load of laundry and the sound of children stomping was horrifying. I can't imagine what it's like to live in fear of downstairs neighbors. Or pack food, diapers, outfits, toys, just to take the kids out to play. I'd lose my mind.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:53 pm
My opinion is that all these women that keep criticizing either have no kids, don't live in Brooklyn, or are just presenting themselves online as holy righteous women that are always doing the right thing while in real life they're really like the rest of us going nuts at home.
We live in Monsey, my kids are bh outside all day. But we're all going nuts by now, they're craving structure.
We're all entitled to complain and vent without being subjected to a barrage of bashes and insults.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
There are lots of places with green spaces in Brooklyn you can go to. Yes, some are a schlep. Yes, many people in those places aren’t SD or wearing masks, but there are places you can carve out a little piece for just yourself and your family. No, the kids won’t have playground equipment but they can run, scooter, bike (if distance isn’t too great or you can even make it a fun walk if it’s a reasonable walking distance). Buy hoola-hoops, bubbles, bring toys. People complaining that their kids are stuck inside all day are doing it to themselves.

Ok forgive me for picking on your but THIS is the problem.

It's been a gazillion and five days of this!!!! My kids are very young (none above toddler and there are a few so use your imagination) so I can't have them walk further than I know they'll be able to walk home. We don't own a car, we work so we can't find a time that both my husband and I can take the kids together on a bus and we have one solitary patch of grass that we have access to.

I'm finished!!!!!!! If the whole Brooklyn can squash themselves into a town square to protest whatever it is, my children and I (who btw, already all got this virus before Pesach) can go to the playground.

Please please please stop claiming it's not as bad as we make it sound. It's worse.

amother
Wine

amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

Not everyone has a car, or the funds to buy kids different outdoor toys every week, or even the time and energy to hunt out patches of grass and shlep the kids there. Did you read where she said she's working full time?!

If someone really thinks where there's a will there's a way for overwhelmed city moms, I invite them to start an organization that provides free car service rides to green spaces, as well as the suggested hula hoops, scooters etc.

amother
Cyan

As Taupe said.
I feel for you, I know it is hard living in an apartment with kids, working from home, with the kids bored and having nowhere to go.

That doesn't excuse the chillul Hashem and I am failing to see why that prevents people from wearing masks.

It makes me feel like you are so wrapped up in your own bubble that you could not care less if you put others at risk.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
There's two separate things here.

1. Finding it hard. I'm sure everyone will emphasize with you on that one. Happy to brainstorm solutions to your/our predicament.

2. Making a big stink and chillul Hashem about it. Sorry I won't keep quiet on that part.

Mothers sitting home with kids all day aren't making a big stink, so they shouldn't be bashed about it either.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:58 pm
Same
Also in Brooklyn
I'm done. No more social distancing for me. No more masks for me. Living my life the way I like it.
Cuomo and Deblasio go to he** and fight there, not on our backs, not on our sanity. Biggest hypocrites. Pretending to be serious about a pandemic when protesters and rioters run wild wherever and whenever they want.
Give me a break.
They just like the power grab. I don't let them shut us down anymore. I'm in charge of my own life. I send my children out as much as possible to play with their friends. I'm in charge of my family's mental health and safety, not two arrogant crooked politicians.
I followed all the rules to a T till George Floyd. True colors showed then. No more pretend safety rules for me. This city has collapsed under the whims of madmen and I refuse to play along.
Schools, camps, playgrounds, I'm in.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
As Taupe said.
I feel for you, I know it is hard living in an apartment with kids, working from home, with the kids bored and having nowhere to go.

That doesn't excuse the chillul Hashem and I am failing to see why that prevents people from wearing masks.

It makes me feel like you are so wrapped up in your own bubble that you could not care less if you put others at risk.

Oh oh. I'm wearing a mask and my one child old enough to handle it is too. Now can we have a place to play where I don't have to be the one making it fun? Now can I have permission to just sit on a stupid bench for 15 mins of calm while my kids are entertained by something other than me?
You realize that after I get my kids to this patch of grass which has become our second home, I have to run around blowing bubbles, throwing balls, playing catch, reading books etc etc (and changing diapers, nursing the baby, giving out snacks but those are at a playground too). Why oh why oh whyyyyyyyy can't I have the luxury of sitting and watching my happy kids play?!!

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 5:59 pm
When I'm working I can't even take my kids to the park. This is really hard on everyone.

I hope things get easier soon.

GetReal

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 6:04 pm
I have a yard and I’m sending love and barrels of sympathy to all of you who don’t! You’re superheroes!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics