Home

Thinking abt Chassidish Linden, info please

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:45 pm
I'm considering moving to Linden, NJ and am curious if anyone has more info
Is the community very open to everyone or is it divided by type? I'm not moving with any friends and I'm a bit nervous abt being lonely with nobody to get together with Shabbos afternoon/playdates
Is Bobov & Kosen divided or is it one big happy family?
In regard to real estate brokers, I heard that certain brokers might only show certain houses to certain people having to do with what type you are, I would love more info on that and if you had an unbiased experience.
Is there a decent women's mikva there? Location in regard to walking time on Shabbos?
Does anybody consider Rossele or its exclusively Linden that everyone is moving to?
I would love to find a job close by in NJ instead of commuting to BP, does anyone know of any openings/companies nearby? What do most ppl do?
Do any women drive there? I would really love to as it would make my life way easier but if its looked down upon then...
Are there many carpools or everyone has to take the shuttle that's pricey?
Any other info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Back to top

seeker




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:26 am
I don't know about the chassidish community there but Roselle is basically Linden. I don't think anyone really differentiates, they just call it all Linden because that's the better known name. You can definitely walk between the two without even noticing that you're crossing town lines somewhere.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:40 am
seeker wrote:
I don't know about the chassidish community there but Roselle is basically Linden. I don't think anyone really differentiates, they just call it all Linden because that's the better known name. You can definitely walk between the two without even noticing that you're crossing town lines somewhere.

Thanks for that, anyone else has something to add please?
Back to top

amother




Rose
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:16 am
A couple of my classmates live in Linden, they're Viznits. There are quite afew Viznits families living there.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:23 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
A couple of my classmates live in Linden, they're Viznits. There are quite afew Viznits families living there.

What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there
Back to top

momof2+?




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:43 am
I read this title as "thinking about chassidish linen" and wondered about chassidim having different linen than non-chassidim 😋😋😋😋
Lol
Back to top

amother




Rose
 

Post  Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there


They're in their 30's. You'd probably be from the youngest there.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:33 am
Any more info on this topic imas?
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there

I think younger people will move in soon, because it is a new, developing place, so you should not worry about that...

You might be among the pioneers... and could even prepare from the start to help the newcomers after you - and then you will also have friends...

It evolves quite fast...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:44 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I think younger people will move in soon, because it is a new, developing place, so you should not worry about that...

You might be among the pioneers... and could even prepare from the start to help the newcomers after you - and then you will also have friends...

It evolves quite fast...

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm not the most open person, I'm a bit shy but I guess what I want done to me I should do to others...
I would love more info on all my other questions but looks like most ppl living there are not imas...
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:05 am
A relative of mine recently moved there. Shes about 25. The ladies go shopping together ect she is very happy there and they are not bobov or koson.
Back to top

bnm




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What ages are they? Very young families? I'm 20 and I'm curious if I'll be from the youngest there
My friend lives in Linden, her daughter got married and lives in Linden too. She has 1 kid, your age. I don't know more information than that.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:32 pm
bnm wrote:
My friend lives in Linden, her daughter got married and lives in Linden too. She has 1 kid, your age. I don't know more information than that.

Hey I think I know who ur talking about... she's one of the only ones I know there...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:04 am
Bump, any more info on this topic?!?!?
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post  Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:54 am
Hi I live in Linden- I'm not Chassidish but I'm more than happy to be your friend Smile
I'm friendly with a lot of the Chassidish ladies here.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Aug 09 2020, 3:18 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Hi I live in Linden- I'm not Chassidish but I'm more than happy to be your friend Smile
I'm friendly with a lot of the Chassidish ladies here.

Wow that sounds great, we're probably closing on a house any day...
pm me and I'll change to anonymous thereafter...
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Very urgent info on Williamsburg boro park bus
by amother
7 Yesterday at 9:16 pm View last post
ISO shiur abt Yom Kippur simcha and positive thinking
by amother
3 Sun, Sep 27 2020, 3:35 pm View last post
Anyone know info for Violet Tights/Socks sale? 20 Sun, Sep 27 2020, 10:52 am View last post
Is this what they want their kids thinking?
by amother
7 Sun, Sep 27 2020, 12:39 am View last post
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
by amother
1081 Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:43 pm View last post