Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Who can we turn to to put pressure for daycamps!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:54 am
(NY)

I hear the day camps are delaying opening on time because they are still waiting on permits. Who can We turn to help put Pressure to get it done ASAP!

You would think After having the kids locked up for 4 months they would make it a priority to get the permits done so camps can start. The city is so busy dealing with other other non essential stuff like protests and defunding Police... They put our kids on the back burner.
Enough of this craziness! Enough!

If we don’t put pressure Now Cuomo will Be busy planning how to keep the school closed come September.

Side point: All this craziness makes me want to Move out of NY. Please tell me if you live in other places you’re not dealing with this!

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:57 am
Permits generally need to be applied for 90 days in advance but due to the circumstances, they’re being expedited but the processing still takes time....

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:58 am
You mean NYC? Daycamps in Monsey are starting the 29th ih.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:58 am
Where are you talking g about? Camps in my area are opening up the end of June.
When are the camps in your area opening, and when would you LIKE them to open?

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:01 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Where are you talking g about? Camps in my area are opening up the end of June.
When are the camps in your area opening, and when would you LIKE them to open?

My kids camps are opening regular timing (June 29, June 30), but I did see that some camps pushed their opening days to July 6.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:04 am
We live in Brooklyn. The camps can’t open before July 6 bc of the permits...
If the city wants they can get the permits done overnight. We put up with so much!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:05 am
Pupa Williamsburg daycamp is starting the 29th.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:27 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
You mean NYC? Daycamps in Monsey are starting the 29th ih.

My daycamp in Monsey still hasn't decided yet if they're opening!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

I heard from a daycamp director, almost all schools-daycamps have the same issue. The schools run on a 12 month program, that means summer months is called summer school, which isn't really legal, and not daycamp. They're all sitting with lawyers to get it approved as daycamps. Most opened registration but not sure if and when they'll open.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

Which camp? Mine said they'd re opening.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I heard from a daycamp director, almost all schools-daycamps have the same issue. The schools run on a 12 month program, that means summer months is called summer camp, which isn't really legal, and not daycamp. They're all sitting with lawyers to get it approved as daycamps. Most opened registration but not sure if and when they'll open.

By now they're all open as daycares, so why can't they just continue that? They're even providing "Daycare transportation" as noted on the school busses.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
By now they're all open as daycares, so why can't they just continue that? They're even providing "Daycare transportation" as noted on the school busses.

I'm not sure but I would assume that's for regular school. Summer school is probably falls into a different category. Don't know though. And I was talking abt girls. Only boys have transportation now.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I heard from a daycamp director, almost all schools-daycamps have the same issue. The schools run on a 12 month program, that means summer months is called summer school, which isn't really legal, and not daycamp. They're all sitting with lawyers to get it approved as daycamps. Most opened registration but not sure if and when they'll open.

My girls are starting daycamp the 29th. The chassidish daycamps are all starting the 29th.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:42 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I'm not sure but I would assume that's for regular school. Summer school is probably falls into a different category. Don't know though. And I was talking abt girls. Only boys have transportation now.

Afew girls schools have transportation now.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:46 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Afew girls schools have transportation now.

Really? Wow. Haven't seen.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:04 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Daycare doesn't have regular school and summer school. Daycare is daycare is daycare. And I'm not differentiating girls and boys. Diffrent mosdos are doing different things according to their risk-comfort level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics