Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lakewood wedding august
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:23 am
We have a relative's wedding in a hall in Lakewood in August. I have concerns about attending and I'm not sure if we should go at all. Does anyone know what recent Lakewood indoor weddings have been like?

Have they really kept to a number of people very low? Do people wear masks and are they careful to social distance? Do they dance without touching far apart from each other? The people sit far away from each other at the meal?

Or am I dreaming?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:34 am
You are dreaming.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:35 am
See “Lakewood=no masks??” Thread

mig100

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:40 am
Chayalle wrote:
You are dreaming.

yep

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 11:52 am
So please describe what it is like at a Lakewood wedding nowadays.

mig100

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So please describe what it is like at a Lakewood wedding nowadays.

sorry I have not been to one. other posters can fill in. either way no one can predict the future - so its meaningless.

based on your expectations I can be pretty certain that going to such a wedding will end up being an aggravating frustrating experience for you. the decision is yours.

honestly, if I was concerned for my or my family's health I would not go to any weddings except maybe a sibling.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:06 pm
It’s a regular wedding. No masks. Hugging. Shaking hands. dancing. Maybe slightly less ppl. But still well over 100

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:10 pm
I've been to two recently, on indoors, one outdoors. Very few masks,, no gloves (one had someone distributing Purell). I would say many did not hug and just air-kissed. Smaller crowd, but yeah, over 100 people.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:12 pm
I was just at an indoor Lakewood wedding last night. They were told they can have 100 couples. But by dancing there must have been between 300 and 400 ppl.
One would not know there was a virus at all..
I have been super careful with social distancing until now and it was scary to experience but I am a close relative and didnt have a choice about attending.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:43 pm
OMG I'm also so stressed about these weddings!
My cousin is getting married in August in Brooklyn, and Im freaking out. I sooooo do not want to go, nevermind the 7 hour drive with babies in the car. I'm dreading it. I'm gonna be a complete nervous mess the entire time. Maybe Ill hide out in the bathroom the whole wedding besides for a quick, 2 second dance with her

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:48 pm
I assume some weddings are much smaller and more careful..
These ppl just didnt care but hopefully some do..

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
OMG I'm also so stressed about these weddings!
My cousin is getting married in August in Brooklyn, and Im freaking out. I sooooo do not want to go, nevermind the 7 hour drive with babies in the car. I'm dreading it. I'm gonna be a complete nervous mess the entire time. Maybe Ill hide out in the bathroom the whole wedding besides for a quick, 2 second dance with her

7 hour drive? I wouldn't go and qoute Corona concerns. You have a perfectly valid excuse.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:53 pm
asmileaday wrote:
7 hour drive? I wouldn't go and qoute Corona concerns. You have a perfectly valid excuse.

That would be a dream. My family gets super complicated. My abusive, narcissistic parents are mentally and emotionally torturing me to come, and I'm giving in. They dont care about covid, and they dont hear it as an excuse.

Plus, im already the weirdo black sheep of the family because I broke away (somewhat), so every time I miss a family function, I get cast deeper and deeper into my own weirdo black sheep-ness. This is also relevant to my extended family on one side (this particular side of the wedding) because the entire extended family is somewhat dysfunctional.

So im going, and im not looking forward.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I assume some weddings are much smaller and more careful..
These ppl just didnt care but hopefully some do..

The only wedding I’d assume is if they are in a small yard.
Any wedding in a hall - even bar mitzvah size halls are 100+ with no SD.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
That would be a dream. My family gets super complicated. My abusive, narcissistic parents are mentally and emotionally torturing me to come, and I'm giving in. They dont care about covid, and they dont hear it as an excuse.

Plus, im already the weirdo black sheep of the family because I broke away (somewhat), so every time I miss a family function, I get cast deeper and deeper into my own weirdo black sheep-ness. This is also relevant to my extended family on one side (this particular side of the wedding) because the entire extended family is somewhat dysfunctional.

So im going, and im not looking forward.

I'm sorry. Have you considered joining the forum for imamother who grew up with abusive/neglectful parents?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I'm sorry. Have you considered joining the forum for imamother who grew up with abusive/neglectful parents?

I'm on it Smile Thank you Heart

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 8:06 pm
Great question!

I have had to be very careful on doctor's orders. Plan to go to a close relative's wedding and plan to stay only outside, not eat and have them not to order a meal for me, and bring a mask if people are not SDing.

My doctor is not even letting his patients fly even if they are healthy and young! Not even with mask and gloves!

What are people doing with people coming in from out of town for these weddings? I realize they are not quarantining themselves for 2 weeks but the usual hospitality of hosting in homes and driving in cars to and from airport and to and from wedding simply will not work. So dangerous! How are people handling in towners and out of towners whether guests or even the wedding party on one or both sides?

I understand many people think they have antibodies or have had it or something; however, what about everyone else? What about the rest of us?

It is so sad because while each person can do what makes sense for them it is true at the same time that we are all connected and one person's decision then means we may have to be socially distant for longer from our loved ones when they expose themselves in a way we deem risky.

Tough times. No easy answers.

solo

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:07 am
I was at 2 Lakewood weddings this summer. The first was the usual crowded Pre-corona style wedding so I didn’t stay. The second was distanced with masks and purel stations.
I have a relatives wedding in Lakewood this August Bzh. They will have aprx 150 guests. Masks purel and no more than 6 seats at a table

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:24 am
Lakewood believes that they are invincible and the virus will not reach them anymore. This stupid mindset encourages their brash behavior and mask avoidance. The majority of Lakewood will not wear a mask in the grocery and even less will wear one at a wedding. Your health comes before a wedding. COVID leaves lasting effects, people will get over you missing a wedding.
I do live in Lakewood and I am appalled by the complacent behavior. Don’t risk it.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:32 am
I actually have a wedding in Monsey and this is the same concern I'm having.. I find this time an odd time.. I still go to the grocery store in a mask 😏 I'm not afraid of corona.. But I'm not educated enough (neither are most people) to make diff decisions..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics