Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Nice vacation place near Kosher takeout food/ restaurants

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 12:31 pm
Hi before I write my question I want to say that I am not planning on going on vacation if covid is still going on. I am hoping to go away the end of the summer if everything is more or less back to normal.
I’m looking for vacation ideas anywhere in the USA that is not too hot and must be near Kosher food bec part of a vacation for me is not to have shlep or prepare lunches/ dinner. We will iyh be taking 3 young children if that matters. The ideas I have so far- Miami (but thinking of something new), LA, Denver area. We are coming from NJ don’t want something too close to us. We can drive or fly.
Any ideas would be great. TIA!

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:18 pm
https://www.koshersprings.com/

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:32 pm
I was also going to post Kosher Springs when I saw OP. Other options include NH, Vancouver (long flight but multiple kosher restaurants and wonderful activity options), Seattle (similar, but no passports needed), Atlanta (really fun activities, and some nice restaurants), Niagara, Denver, and Chicago.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:00 pm
doctorima wrote:
I was also going to post Kosher Springs when I saw OP. Other options include NH, Vancouver (long flight but multiple kosher restaurants and wonderful activity options), Seattle (similar, but no passports needed), Atlanta (really fun activities, and some nice restaurants), Niagara, Denver, and Chicago.

Thanks! What city/ town should I look at for New Hampshire? Also is there a Jewish community with Kosher restaurants in Seattle?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! What city/ town should I look at for New Hampshire?

There's aren't any kosher resteraunts in New Hampshire. There's a little grocery that's open in the summer but they don't know yet if they'll be open this summer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:23 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
There's aren't any kosher resteraunts in New Hampshire. There's a little grocery that's open in the summer but they don't know yet if they'll be open this summer.

Oh so skip that option bec the food is kind of a make it or break it right now. I was starting to like that idea at first bec it’s deff easier to pack up the car and road trip instead of flying and then renting a car...

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 5:09 pm
NH had the Arlington Hotel, but recent unconfirmed rumors said that it was sold and will no longer be kosher when it reopens. It's in Bethlehem, and many visitors stay in nearby Lincoln. Seattle definitely has a Jewish community and a handful of kosher restaurants (we absolutely loved the pizza place when we visited several years ago).

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 5:12 pm
doctorima wrote:
NH had the Arlington Hotel, but recent unconfirmed rumors said that it was sold and will no longer be kosher when it reopens. It's in Bethlehem, and many visitors stay in nearby Lincoln. Seattle definitely has a Jewish community and a handful of kosher restaurants (we absolutely loved the pizza place when we visited several years ago).

Arlington is no longer a kosher hotel.
I wanted to book and they sent me an email that the hotel was sold and will no longer be kosher.
It was renamed The Chandler.

sunflowershine

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 5:32 pm
Niagra falls

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:36 pm
doctorima wrote:

Thanks for the info. Il look into these options.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 6:37 pm
sunflowershine wrote:
Niagra falls

Thanks! We actually already went to niagara. I am looking for nice places that we haven’t been to.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:00 pm
Any other options?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:03 pm
Arizona

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Arizona

Where in Arizona is a Jewish community with food? Thx

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:06 pm
I’m from LA, so let me know if you have questions about staying here. Plenty to do but more if you want to do big things, although you can do chill stuff as well.
I’ve had a great time in Las Vegas- not the strip, but by the lake- Lake Mead. You can rent a house with a pool for really cheap, there’s water activities, desert activities like zip lining etc, and of course, kid friendly attractions by the hotels if you don’t care about the strip. You can definitely have a great vacation there with going to the strip at all. There are kosher restaurants as well as far as I remember

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where in Arizona is a Jewish community with food? Thx

Pheonix, Scottsdale...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics