Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Silly S/O Poll Do you or your husband drink from the can?
1  2  Next

Do you or your husband drink directly from a can/bottle?
Yes, we both do  
 59%  [ 90 ]
No, we both don't  
 15%  [ 24 ]
I do, he doesn't  
 11%  [ 17 ]
He does, I don't  
 13%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 151

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:14 pm
This question just got me curious about what other people do. Do you or your husband drink from a can or bottle? Why or why not?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:17 pm
Yes we both do.

Why not? Because why not...

behappy2

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:25 pm
Why not? And if I'm in a really good mood I drink straight from a wine bottle and finish it off. Shhh Don't tell my mother, or my kids Smile

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:27 pm
Yes, the why not is what I'm mostly curious about.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:31 pm
I would only drink with a straw. My husband wouldn't even do that, always pours into cup.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:32 pm
RuralIma wrote:
Yes, the why not is what I'm mostly curious about.

Gotcha! I remember a teacher on grade school refused to drink from a water bottle without s straw. I thought she was embarrassed, being in public and being you know so....human Smile

It isn't very proper is what I would make of it. Maybe its similar to not eating out. Some ppl don't eat out, don't eat pizza, don't eat spaghetti.

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 3:45 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Gotcha! I remember a teacher on grade school refused to drink from a water bottle without s straw. I thought she was embarrassed, being in public and being you know so....human Smile

It isn't very proper is what I would make of it. Maybe its similar to not eating out. Some ppl don't eat out, don't eat pizza, don't eat spaghetti.

I completely forgot what it was like to have teachers and being shocked at seeing them outside of their natural habitat school LOL Thanks for the fun memories.

That all makes sense. I know some people who don't drink from bottles/cans because they don't want to mess up their lipstick. I definitely understand not wanting to eat spaghetti or pizza or [insert messy food that's hard to eat with any social grace here] in front of just anyone.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:08 pm
they know make moscato wine in a small can
when my husband and I drink from the same cup we dont share the straw

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:14 pm
I do, sometimes.

If DH would catch me in the act, I think I'd diiiee.

He is a very refined, dignified person- not just polite, but genuinely eidel. It wouldn't dawn him to do such a thing.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:16 pm
Yes. Never thought about it.

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:19 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Yes. Never thought about it.

That was one of the options but it didn't end up in the poll when I hit submit. I might have done something wrong.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:30 pm
Would you/did you drink from the can when on a date? With future husband or others?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:33 pm
To be more exact, we both do but only with the last dregs of a drink in the bottle. If it's clear we're gonna toss the bottle right afterwards, both of us can drink from it.

RuralIma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 4:41 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Would you/did you drink from the can when on a date? With future husband or others?

No, never. I don't think I've taken a drink from a can since I was a kid, I've always been a bit of a germaphobe and a family member once told me about an article they read about the types of bacteria that grow on the tops of cans so since then I've also never opened a can without washing it first but that's my own annoying OCD.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 5:34 pm
I grew up with the impression that drinking from a Can was unsafe , that I could cut myself and that altogether it wasn’t mentchlich to drink from a bottle.
Come to think of it, my mother’s mother also always poured everything out of a can into cups. So it’s something that became a habit. I will drink out of a sports water bottle though and my DH and I would drink directly from the bottle if we were in the car

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:04 pm
I'm not much of a soda drinker and if I bought soda it would be in a 2-liter bottle, so it's not a real issue. but we've been getting pandemic meals with those cute little half-pint milk containers. you better believe I drink straight from the carton. who's going to care--my computer screen? I put a sticky note over the camera eye when ZOOMing. As it is I'm working overtime every day and on weekends, too, so the time I save on washing dishes is time I can spend doing something either enjoyable or good for me. You don't like it, too bad. I don't live my life to suit other people's addlepated or antiquated notions of propriety.

rosezee

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:23 pm
After that one situation came out where a drink, can’t remember which, sprite maybe? Where recalled bc rat feces from the warehouse got on can lids- and after seeing a show (Maybe myth busters?) which tested bacteria on tops of soda cans- I NEVER will drink from a can (:
Feels dirty to me. Ick.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:25 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Why not? And if I'm in a really good mood I drink straight from a wine bottle and finish it off. Shhh Don't tell my mother, or my kids Smile

im with you pal!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:37 pm
rosezee wrote:
After that one situation came out where a drink, can’t remember which, sprite maybe? Where recalled bc rat feces from the warehouse got on can lids- and after seeing a show (Maybe myth busters?) which tested bacteria on tops of soda cans- I NEVER will drink from a can (:
Feels dirty to me. Ick.

I always drink from cans... until I read this. ^

silverlining3

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:24 pm
We like ice cold drinks so usually it goes into a cup filled with ice cubes. (before a longer trip, a 16oz foam cup gets filled with ice cubes). 😃 Other times, not in public, it's it's either or. My dad will call drinking straight from can or bottle 'prust'
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics