Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
12 passenger van
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 7:18 pm
Can anyone recommend which 12 passenger van is best? I'm not sure what's out there but I'd like to hear some reviews. I know I don't want a sprinter, more than that I don't know.
I'm also a bit nervous about driving such a tanker, I'm used to a mini van.
Any input will be appreciated.

5BH

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:06 pm
I have 15 passenger Ford Transit for 2 years and we love it! It’s spacious great big windshield and blind spot mirrors and overall pretty easy to drive. The other options are the Mercedes which is very expensive to replace parts or the Nissan NV a which is more normal looking. Many people like the Nissan but it only comes in 12 seats without a trunk. We have Transit 15 and took out last row to have trunk room. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:13 pm
The 15 seaters are more streamlined than say the old Rams, but they're still bigger than 12.

bk

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 9:37 pm
SI also have the Ford 12 seater for a little over 2 years with a very decent size trunk (I think it's in lieu of the extra row which would make it into a 15 passenger van).

The key is the test drive all your options - which is what we did when we were buying.

The mirrors are great and I paid a bit more for a bigger backup camera.
A difference between the Ford and Nissan is that the Ford has a single seat on the second row. We found the Nissan harder to park somehow.
At that time, we were told the Nissan resale value was higher (not sure if that is still the story now though).
If you do go with the Ford, please note that they have both doors that open and sliding doors. The open shut ones (sorry, don't recall the correct name for it), are MUCH safer (my humble opinion).

Hatzlocha with your decision and purchase and feel free to ask any questions.

happy chick

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 10:11 pm
Thank you all.
My dealer told me some of my options:
Ford Transit 150
Dodge ram promaster
Chevy express
Nissan NV
He told me to do some research and let him know. I thought that's what a dealer is for, to give ppl the pros and cons and help them choose the best vehicle for their needs.
Anywas, I'm looking for the best quality vehicle, but I would also like it to be the closest in size to a mini van (like def not a sprinter). And I would like a 12 passenger, not 15.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:33 am
Size of the transit and nv are basically the same. Nissan has a longer hood for easy access to the engine, Ford has a longer back for either a larger trunk space or extra set of seats.

I've had my Nissan for 5 years with ba"h no issues. It feels very safe. Visibility is based on using good side mirrors and back up camera.

Trunk space isn't amazing but still works fine. We're up to 11 people filling it up and we haven't run out of room...
Went on an 8 hour trip a few months ago with 2 strollers, a cosleeper, suitcases, sheitel box, hats, food, pump, diaper bag, activities, etc and we were fine.

Turning circle is very wide though.... I'm not sure if I'd be upset if we had to trade in for a 15 passenger Ford. I haven't test driven it to know if I'd like it better or not. I've heard of more mechanical issues with them though.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:50 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Size of the transit and nv are basically the same. Nissan has a longer hood for easy access to the engine, Ford has a longer back for either a larger trunk space or extra set of seats.

I've had my Nissan for 5 years with ba"h no issues. It feels very safe. Visibility is based on using good side mirrors and back up camera.

Trunk space isn't amazing but still works fine. We're up to 11 people filling it up and we haven't run out of room...
Went on an 8 hour trip a few months ago with 2 strollers, a cosleeper, suitcases, sheitel box, hats, food, pump, diaper bag, activities, etc and we were fine.

Turning circle is very wide though.... I'm not sure if I'd be upset if we had to trade in for a 15 passenger Ford. I haven't test driven it to know if I'd like it better or not. I've heard of more mechanical issues with them though.

With the Ford? Ford doesn't have the best name around, but my dealer is telling me that's not so true anymore. I'm not looking to get a new van to babysit every week at the mechanic

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:30 pm
Yes with the Ford. Not as bad as in the past... This is way more reliable. But still I know a few people who had to bring theirs in during the same time frame we haven't needed to bring our Nissan in ever.

But it might be dependent how used they were. I don't know.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:38 pm
I test drove the nissan yesterday. No way I can do that. It's huge. Help! What am I gonna do?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:56 pm
So try the Ford. It's a much smaller hood 😁

5BH

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:32 pm
They’re all very big and take a while to get used to. The Ford has a smaller hood so I think it’s easier to maneuver. Parking is definitely a bit challenging too. Good luck with your decision making.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:39 pm
Why are so many people saying Ford? I see so many Chevy vans on the road. Is the Ford better in nay way than the Chevy?

S11

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:41 pm
We have the 10 passenger ford transit.I really like it bec it’s big but not massive. I was nervous abt driving the 12/15 passenger van

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:33 pm
happy chick wrote:
Why are so many people saying Ford? I see so many Chevy vans on the road. Is the Ford better in nay way than the Chevy?

Are there new Chevys? I haven't seen any from the last few years.

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:32 pm
So after test driving the chevy, it seems the motor is much louder than the average car. Its supposedly made like a truck. Is that true?

qt'sMOM

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 1:57 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

How did you fit so much stuff in such a small space?!? I looked at both the Ford and Nissan. I really prefer the chairs/layout of the Nissan and know it will be much better for winter driving. The biggest downside is lack of trunk space when you have 12 people to transport. We have rented the Ford a few times on long trips when we drive half way across the USA(18-24 hours each way takes 2-3 days). I pack 2 large & 1 small suitcases, small double stroller, shaitel box, 2 boxes of diapers, 2 coolers (1 small and 1 medium sized), 3 boxes of food, sandwhich maker,electric grill, electric kettle etc....

I would love to know how you do it cause I really want the Nissan but the trunk is TINY! If we get a Ford we would go for the 12 passenger to have a decent size trunk.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 8:49 am
Pile up high either suitcases or boxes/crates in the back.
Carry on sized luggage by kids' feet.
We don't have console in between 2 front seats so more stuff there. Sometimes we put something on side near the door after everyone's in the car.

happy chick

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:29 am
qt'sMOM wrote:
How did you fit so much stuff in such a small space?!? I looked at both the Ford and Nissan. I really prefer the chairs/layout of the Nissan and know it will be much better for winter driving. The biggest downside is lack of trunk space when you have 12 people to transport. We have rented the Ford a few times on long trips when we drive half way across the USA(18-24 hours each way takes 2-3 days). I pack 2 large & 1 small suitcases, small double stroller, shaitel box, 2 boxes of diapers, 2 coolers (1 small and 1 medium sized), 3 boxes of food, sandwhich maker,electric grill, electric kettle etc....

I would love to know how you do it cause I really want the Nissan but the trunk is TINY! If we get a Ford we would go for the 12 passenger to have a decent size trunk.

Do you drive? Or will your husband be doing all the driving? I refuse to get the Nissan cuz it's serious monster. The ford is closer to a car.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:12 am
Nissan drives like an SUV
The drive is actually not bad... It's the parking that takes finesse 😉

happy chick

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:20 pm
Anyone have any reviews/experience with the dodge promaster?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics