Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Similar To Imamother
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:57 am
Hi, I am looking for a more MO forum like Imamother, any suggestions?

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, I am looking for a more MO forum like Imamother, any suggestions?

How about Imamother?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:03 pm
Start one?

There are a broad range of definitions of MO, so defining exactly who is eligible to be a member could be tricky.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:04 pm
Start a fb group. Oh wait.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:13 pm
malki2 wrote:
How about Imamother?

I like Imamother fora lot, I would also like another site were certain topics can be discussed. Its no offense to this site at all, I totally respect there boundaries.

ExtraCredit

Ask Yael for help in setting up a new website and call it ImaMOmother. Similar enough?

amother
Smokey

There's an MO group on Imamother. Not sure how busy it is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:14 pm
Surplus wrote:
Ask Yael for help in setting up a new website and call it ImaMOmother. Similar enough?

Lol

icedcoffee

Facebook groups Jewish Women Talk About Anything and FrumGirlProblems, and r/Judaism if you use reddit.

Yael

We have a Modern Orthodox private forum where you can discuss the things you want. Go to usergroups and request access.

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like Imamother fora lot, I would also like another site were certain topics can be discussed. Its no offense to this site at all, I totally respect there boundaries.

My reply was tongue-in-cheek. I think that there is plenty of MO representation on Imamother. Just last week I got into a debate with seven or eight different women who all believe in Evolution. What other topics do you think should be discussed?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:18 pm
Yael wrote:
We have a Modern Orthodox private forum where you can discuss the things you want. Go to usergroups and request access.

Thank you!! I did not know that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:21 pm
malki2 wrote:
My reply was tongue-in-cheek. I think that there is plenty of MO representation on Imamother. Just last week I got into a debate with seven or eight different women who all believe in Evolution. What other topics do you think should be discussed?

I can pm you if you want to know I dont want to say the topics public yet.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:23 pm
malki2 wrote:

And one who is amendment that evolution isn't a belief, and that modern science is what is biology classes teach. Wink Wink

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can pm you if you want to know I dont want to say the topics public yet.

Go ahead. Iā€™m curious.

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:33 pm
Surplus wrote:

Or just call it ImaMOther. Then it can be a triple-entendre.

malki2

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:37 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
And one who is amendment that evolution isn't a belief, and that modern science is what is biology classes teach. Wink Wink

Oh boy. Just stay tuned till next week.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 12:54 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
There's an MO group on Imamother. Not sure how busy it is.

It is almost dead. The most recent post is about yes/no voting for Sanders.

I would be very interested.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:43 pm
I would also love a modern orthodox or dati liberal version of imamother.
I would NOT want a Facebook group. The whole fun here is being able to debate and discuss without having my personal identity splattered all over the net. I don't participate in Facebook groups that much, definitely not with people who I don't know personally or are not part of my local community.

I realize some people think that there is a major MO presence here, but really there isn't. Most posters here come with a right-wing NY mentality. So while it's fascinating to read about different lifestyles and values, I really wish there were such a forum where the bulk of people were on the more liberal side of orthodoxy.

I would like to discuss all the things we discuss here (debates, family, child raising, politics etc) but in a place where values like feminism are embraced rather than denigrated.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 2:53 pm
malki2 wrote:

I would like to discuss everything. Same topics as here, but with women who share more of my values/mentality.
I love love imamother but it sometimes gets tiring and frustrating to read response after response from posters who seem to be speaking a different language than me.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics