Home

Lost sense of smell 10 Weeks ago now only weird smell, HELP!
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 5:06 pm
I lost Sense of smell more than 10 weeks ago, (without any other symptom to the virus) after taking vitamins and zinc nothing helped. now I have this weird sensation every time something is cooking etc. its the same smell all across (and not in a good way, like a deep smell of burnt food, cant explain - have never felt that smell prior even not in pregnancy) Same happened to DH, who did have Covid-19 symptoms btw

Anyone had this situation? what would help me get out of this?
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 7:56 pm
I heard of others who only started feeling smell a tiny bit now. They got the virus 2 days after Purim. That's about 3 months.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:02 pm
My ds has the same issue, more than three months and still no regular smell sense back yet. I'm glad it's not just us w this issue. Tzaros Rabbim...
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:29 pm
I lost mine way in the beginning and actually just started getting it back now. I think I’m probably at 15 percent right now.
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:34 pm
My daughter has the same thing you are describing! She lost her smell months ago with almost no other symptoms of the virus. She slowly regained the smell and about a week ago told me that everything suddenly has an awful smell! It was hard for her describe it, only that whatever she smells is gross! Im assuming this is part of the coronavirus lingering in the system... hope it goes away soon!!
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I lost Sense of smell more than 10 weeks ago, (without any other symptom to the virus) after taking vitamins and zinc nothing helped. now I have this weird sensation every time something is cooking etc. its the same smell all across (and not in a good way, like a deep smell of burnt food, cant explain - have never felt that smell prior even not in pregnancy) Same happened to DH, who did have Covid-19 symptoms btw

Anyone had this situation? what would help me get out of this?

Zinc picolinate, magnesium, vitamin b1, melatonin
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:08 pm
Yes. Going on 13 weeks now without a sense of smell. That crazy smell (and then it turned to crazy taste) is going on for 3 weeks now.
Back to top

Mama Bear




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:16 pm
it's so funny you mention it! I often smell that things are burning when they are not. I thought I was losing my mind. I even googled it and saw taht people who smell smoke constantly might be having a stroke chv or brain tumor, I was so scared.
Now I see it's probably a leftover symptom of covid? I have antibodies and was sick in march, so who knows, it might that.
I tend to get 'flare ups' that feel like covid, approximately every month or so. I guess it might be a new chronic condition we all have?!
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:34 pm
A family member of mine smells and tastes raw onion every time he eats it’s terrible
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
it's so funny you mention it! I often smell that things are burning when they are not. I thought I was losing my mind. I even googled it and saw taht people who smell smoke constantly might be having a stroke chv or brain tumor, I was so scared.
Now I see it's probably a leftover symptom of covid? I have antibodies and was sick in march, so who knows, it might that.
I tend to get 'flare ups' that feel like covid, approximately every month or so. I guess it might be a new chronic condition we all have?!


I sure hope this doesn't become chronic.

This is the part that scared me the most... The unknown aftereffects. People kept saying this is just a flu, but at every turn we've been seeing such strange symptoms and effects. I hope there are no more surprises ahead.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
My daughter has the same thing you are describing! She lost her smell months ago with almost no other symptoms of the virus. She slowly regained the smell and about a week ago told me that everything suddenly has an awful smell! It was hard for her describe it, only that whatever she smells is gross! Im assuming this is part of the coronavirus lingering in the system... hope it goes away soon!!

Hug to her, its annoying, you can't even express the depth how sickening this sensation is. its not like you can compare it to something its a new type of smell.
not to come of in a bad way, but I do feel relieved knowing its not only happening to me, I guess this is a way of the body fighting the sickness. just like someone mentioned.. tzaras raabim, yeah its "chutzi" nechama.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Zinc picolinate, magnesium, vitamin b1, melatonin

Do you have hands-on experience that it worked with symptoms mentioned above? I've been spending a whole lot recently on all different types of vitamins etc, that is why I ask
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:23 pm
I lost my sense of smell 9 weeks ago, I got it back right away, but it’s very weak. And the weirdest thing is celery now smells like urine...
Back to top

amother




Silver
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:38 pm
Two of my kids got this same thing. The smell & they can’t eat much... have it fir three weeks now.
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post  Wed, Jun 17 2020, 11:39 pm
I got Corona shavous time now my mouth has a rotten taste and it's coming out of my Nose too anyone else had this? My sense of smell still gone though
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post  Thu, Jun 18 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have hands-on experience that it worked with symptoms mentioned above? I've been spending a whole lot recently on all different types of vitamins etc, that is why I ask
not personal experience with covid and smell and taste, but personal experience with other nervous system dysfunction post infection, based on my understanding of the underlying pathophysiology.

What have u been taking?
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Thu, Jun 18 2020, 12:18 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I got Corona shavous time now my mouth has a rotten taste and it's coming out of my Nose too anyone else had this? My sense of smell still gone though

Yes
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post  Thu, Jun 18 2020, 12:32 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Yes


I'm going crazy! How long did it last for you, I'm getting so nervous from it
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post  Thu, Jun 18 2020, 12:36 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I'm going crazy! How long did it last for you, I'm getting so nervous from it

It has not gone away. But I've been keeping it away most of the day by avoiding eating things that bring on that horrible taste. Right now I'm managing with dairy. And no seasonings only salt and sugar. If I eat seasoned anything, especially chicken/meat/fish, I start crying from the horrible taste and smell that doesn't go away. So I am avoiding those things. No garlic in my dressing. Nothing. Then it's livable.
It's a shame. I had already started getting my taste back and was enjoying well seasoned food before this came on.
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post  Thu, Jun 18 2020, 12:37 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
It has not gone away. But I've been keeping it away by avoiding eating things that bring on that horrible taste. Right now I'm managing with dairy. And no seasonings only salt and sugar. If I eat seasoned anything, especially chicken/meat/fish, I start crying from the horrible taste and smell that doesn't go away. So I am avoiding those things. Go garlic in my dressing. Nothing. Then it's livable.


Is there any way to pm you?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Unemployment help NJ
by amother
0 Today at 3:52 pm View last post
My son asked for help losing weight. Recommendation of diet.
by amother
19 Today at 3:41 pm View last post
This will help you get through to unemployment
by amother
16 Today at 2:31 pm View last post
Help me with term life insurance pls, your experience,noExam
by amother
8 Today at 11:52 am View last post
Please help! Metallic taste 21 Today at 10:18 am View last post

Jump to: