Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Aleksander vs Geldzahler

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:36 pm
I know this is very last minute. If any of you have experience or knowledge about any of these 2 yeshivos, can you chime in?

From the 2 yeshiva ketanas, the new Aleksander and Geldzahler (Ohr Yisroel), which one has a more well-rounded chinuch? Which one focuses on overall hashkafic development? Do any of them have a mashpia that is a healthy and warm role model? If you have sent to any of these places, how was/is your experience?

Thank you so much!

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 5:37 pm
aleksander more chassidish . Geldzahler has a nicer , broader mix IMO.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 18 2020, 9:38 pm
Thank you! Any other information?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:07 pm
Bump. Any information about Aleksander?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:24 pm
I sent to Geldzahler several years ago and was very happy. My friend has since sent several sons and is very happy as well.
You asked some great questions but I don’t know the answers!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 11:58 pm
Thank you so much! Meanwhile I have some info about Geldzahler: geshmak, diverse, but almost no info about Aleksander. Could be because it's more chassidish, could be because it's newer. Did your child have a very hard time with waking up extra early, coming home so late, and having to travel every day?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:12 am
My brother went to geldzahler about 10 years ago. Great place, was very happy but the waking up super early was a killer for him. He ended up Staying only 1 year.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:55 am
My son did not have an issue with the early hours but some kids definitely do. If he ever missed the bus, he would go to Satmar 53. He always met other bochurim there and they shared a car. It only happened a few times in all the years he was there.

crust

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:03 am
Alexander is supposed to be a more lomdishe yeshiva.
What's your son's learning style?

Last edited by crust on Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:22 am
What do you mean by "kerpen kep"?

crust

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you mean by "kerpen kep"?

I didnt realize this is an open forum. If you post in the velt I'll respond.

Thanks.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:08 pm
My 15 yr old wants to switch out of his yeshiva, but the daily travel is a real deterrent. We might instead send him further upstate so he can dorm by week & come home for shabbos. Easier to travel twice a week for an hour than twice a day for half an hour....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics