Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
MO English speaking not expensive community??
Previous  1  2

ora_43

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 6:34 am
So then I'd say Ra'anana or Petach Tikva. Both nice neighborhoods with large and diverse MO communities and many English speakers (Ra'anana in particular).

You'd be reasonably close to the beach. And you could still have the beach as a vacation option - ie rent an apartment right next to the beach for one week a year, or go camping on the Kinneret.

essie14

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 6:51 am
Even bet shemesh is not that far from the beach, we have friends going every Friday.
And you can rent a beach house for a weekend here or there.
I would prioritize kids adjustment over living on the waterfront.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:23 am
OP is it important for you to have a 'kosher' beach (ie separate times for men and women)? If so, it narrows down your options considerably. Netanya has a kosher beach but can be super expensive by the coast, especially in the tower block apartments. Arnona alone can be 1,500-2,000+ shekels. Don't even look at south Netanya. I checked it out and it was a total dump.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:31 am
OP just suggesting another nice MO community with many English speakers. It might be worth while V to check out Arnona in Yerushalayim. Also Efrat Elazar and Neve Daniel And Karnei Shomron (all four are over the green line, the first three are in the Gush). All have large Anglo MO population. I know Modi’in was suggested but it is a good option. Also Givat Shmuel - I have relatives who live there the wife wears pants and I’m pretty sure they are pretty typical of their neighborhood (the newer area). Good luck.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:49 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
OP is it important for you to have a 'kosher' beach (ie separate times for men and women)? If so, it narrows down your options considerably. Netanya has a kosher beach but can be super expensive by the coast, especially in the tower block apartments. Arnona alone can be 1,500-2,000+ shekels. Don't even look at south Netanya. I checked it out and it was a total dump.

Arnona is paid once every two months. It's probably that much for the very large, very new apartments.

I doubt Netanya is cheaper than Modiin, for whoever mentioned it. It's got a lot of advantages though. It's not a suburb city the way Modiin is - it's a city city. In other words, most people don't just live there and commute to work, but the centre of their lives is there. Modiin has a reputation of being more of a suburb city.
I am not so familiar with Modiin, but I'm quite sure Netanya has a lot more cafes, restaurants, shops, places to work, etc. It also has two train stations within the city.

I've heard Kiryat Hasharon in Netanya is a big dati leumi community, but it's not a beach neighbourhood.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:58 am
Anyway, op, we need to hear what 'not expensive ' means to you.
And what are you looking for? Home with yard or apartment?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions