Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you wish you had in your master suite?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:15 am
Iyh we will be renovating our master bedroom turning it in a suite. What do you have that you love or wish you had?

maidale

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:17 am
walk-in closet!

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:23 am
Clearly a private bathroom, maybe even with the toilet separate from the sink.

Walk in closet.

A nursery alcove.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:26 am
maidale wrote:
walk-in closet!

Definitely making a big one!!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:26 am
A small kitchenette- really just a corner with a mini fridge (or maybe also microwave)
Otherwise it’s comfortable already.. a large walk in closet plus another large closet too, 2 48” beds, an area for chairs that we really don’t use much (because we end up resting in our beds and not sitting in the chairs much when we spend time in the bedrooms), a large bathroom with a jacuzzi (our tub is not good quality and one day I hope to change it so invest in a very good quality tub or you will hardly ever use it!), we have nice furniture which adds to the decor of the room a lot), we don’t have great lighting at night! Nice fixture but not bright enough for our size room so consider the lighting, we don’t have anything extra special for window treatments but that doesn’t bother me, nice linen of course...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:27 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Clearly a private bathroom, maybe even with the toilet separate from the sink.

Walk in closet.

A nursery alcove.

Toilet separate is a nice idea thanks.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:28 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
A small kitchenette- really just a corner with a mini fridge (or maybe also microwave)
Otherwise it’s comfortable already.. a large walk in closet plus another large closet too, 2 48” beds, an area for chairs that we really don’t use much (because we end up resting in our beds and not sitting in the chairs much when we spend time in the bedrooms), a large bathroom with a jacuzzi (our tub is not good quality and one day I hope to change it so invest in a very good quality tub or you will hardly ever use it!), we have nice furniture which adds to the decor of the room a lot), we don’t have great lighting at night! Nice fixture but not bright enough for our size room so consider the lighting, we don’t have anything extra special for window treatments but that doesn’t bother me, nice linen of course...

You must live in Israel Smile

Only Israelis will truly understand my sarcasm lol

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

I like the idea of a mini kitchenette. I think I would do a bar we don’t eat in our room but we would drink!!

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:30 am
We did over our house and put in a balcony off our room. Love that. Walk in closet, big soaker tub, and a toilet room. We also have a vestibule when you walk in for extra privacy (you can’t see the beds from the door)

heidi

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
You must live in Israel Smile

Only Israelis will truly understand my sarcasm lol

Um. . .I live in Israel.
My bedroom holds 2 queen size beds.
Walk in closet, bathroom with shower and jacuzzi, porch off the bedroom. A cold water dispenser
This country has come a long way.
OP, I'd love a coffee maker with a mini fridge in my bedroom.
Love a previous poster's idea for a vestibule so the beds aren't visible from the door.
Also a desk area sounds ideal. . .

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:44 am
Yes To the vestibule!
Although I have a large and comfortable master bedroom I makes me crazy that if my bedroom door is open anyone who walk past can see me laying in my bed!!!!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:50 am
heidi wrote:
Um. . .I live in Israel.
Walk in closet, bathroom with shower and jacuzzi, porch off the bedroom. A cold water dispenser

Sounds like you're not run of the mill Israeli, I don't know anyone with a jacuzzi in their home. In fact, most my circles have trouble squeezing in anything bigger than two single beds

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:55 am
heidi wrote:
Um. . .I live in Israel.
OP, I'd love a coffee maker with a mini fridge in my bedroom.
Love a previous poster's idea for a vestibule so the beds aren't visible from the door.
Also a desk area sounds ideal. . .

Mine holds a מיטה יהודית, a slide-door closet, and a dryer... Barely. Enjoy the space! Smile

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 7:58 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
We did over our house and put in a balcony off our room. Love that. Walk in closet, big soaker tub, and a toilet room. We also have a vestibule when you walk in for extra privacy (you can’t see the beds from the door)

The vestibule is such a good idea. I wonder if we would be able to do that.

banana123

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:00 am
An air conditioner, more space, a private bathroom, and maybe a small balcony.

ShishKabob

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:02 am
I would definitely do a couch with reclining options, in addition to the small kitchen area. Have fun and enjoy the new space!

sweetdimples

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:02 am
sep shower stall in bathroom (aside from bathtub)

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Sounds like you're not run of the mill Israeli, I don't know anyone with a jacuzzi in their home. In fact, most my circles have trouble squeezing in anything bigger than two single beds
Nope, heidi is correct, israel has come a lng way. Bedrooms are not all these tiny rooms anymore. We have an en suite, a king size bed, big closet, bed side tables and a שידה ((forgot how to say that in english Smile ) all in our room with ample space. I have lived in one home that literally only had room for teo single beds. Every other place ive lived was bigger and thankfully better.
Mistyrose amother, do you live in an old apartment?

I would love a bathtub in my en suite if I had a bit more room.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:17 am
I currently have a shower in my master bathroom, but a bathtub, even a jacuzzi would be nice.

I second (third? fourth?) the alcove so beds aren't visible, and a desk area for papers, bills, etc.

Shida is a night table, BTW!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:22 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Nope, heidi is correct, israel has come a lng way. Bedrooms are not all these tiny rooms anymore. We have an en suite, a king size bed, big closet, bed side tables and a שידה ((forgot how to say that in english Smile ) all in our room with ample space. I have lived in one home that literally only had room for teo single beds. Every other place ive lived was bigger and thankfully better.
Mistyrose amother, do you live in an old apartment?

I would love a bathtub in my en suite if I had a bit more room.

Nope, brand new apartment in the merkaz (just moved in) and I thought we were fancy with an ensuite bathroom and walk in wardrobe! Perhaps further from TA it's possible for something more grandiose
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics