Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do you know someone living named Elazar?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:33 am
And what is he like? Personality? Life?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:36 am
I do.
One of my family members. He lives a frum life, with his wife and about 7 or 8 kids. They did struggle for 10 years or so with parnassah (they were ok financially, but first they and then he worked very very hard for it). Now they're doing OK bh.
Some of their kids are strange. I wouldn't put any of this on the dad's name though, either it's genetics or parenting.

His personality- very neat, put together. Pretty frum but an ok balance of fun as well. Very smart and very sociable, someone who can go from studying 5 hours straight to play volley and have a bbq with his friends.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:37 am
What's wrong with the name Elazar?

My son is elazar menachem after Rav Shach, and I would imagine he's by far not the only one with that name....

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:40 am
Sure. Its a lovely name.
Op what could possibly be wrong with that name?

Wife1

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:43 am
Elazar is quite common. I know a few and they're all very different personalities

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:44 am
My rav helps us choose names. We tell him the names we like and he matches them to my name. Apparently there is a connection between the child and mother's name.

I have a son with elazar as a second name. He's wonderful. Typical 10 yr old boy. Sweet and aggravating. Annoying and a pleasure.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:45 am
Yep. Friend's husband. In his 40's probably. Very successful in Kiruv/chinuch, lots of personality type of guy.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:52 am
There's also Rav Elazar Meir Teitz, of Elizabeth. He has a PhD in math and is a very awesome Rabbi.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:53 am
There's nothing wrong with the name!

I'm thinking about it for DS, but I don't know anyone in real life named that. So I wanted to hear from people whom do.

Success10

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 11:58 am
Here where I live in Jerusalem it's a really popular Sefardi name.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:12 pm
Yes, one boy around 11 MO, and a man around 70, Chareidi not related...
in Europe...

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:21 pm
In my family it's a very popular name. We're chasidish.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's nothing wrong with the name!

I'm thinking about it for DS, but I don't know anyone in real life named that. So I wanted to hear from people whom do.

But why does it matter what someone elses’s personality is like?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:26 pm
Yes, my little brother.
He's very cute Smile

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:26 pm
When we lived in a different community, there was a family with an eliezer and an elazar. They had asked a shailah. It's two different names.
The boys did not go by those names. One did (Luzzy), but for the other it was a middle name, so no confusion.
Didn't stay in the neighborhood long enough to see the kid grow up, so don't know his personality, but I can tell you that the parents and siblings were very nice

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:34 pm
My brother. Married young, houseful of kids, excellent job, very smart, strong personality. What’s wrong with the name elazar?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
When we lived in a different community, there was a family with an eliezer and an elazar. They had asked a shailah. It's two different names.
The boys did not go by those names. One did (Luzzy), but for the other it was a middle name, so no confusion.
Didn't stay in the neighborhood long enough to see the kid grow up, so don't know his personality, but I can tell you that the parents and siblings were very nice

Yup. My brothers. Ones second name is elazar and ones first name is Eliezer. No sheilos asked. They are not the same name.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:41 pm
Yup, common in my family too. Brother, nephew, uncle, cousins... Think was our rebbes name.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yup. My brothers. Ones second name is elazar and ones first name is Eliezer. No sheilos asked. They are not the same name.

That is cute! It's not you, mommy3b2c.
I don't know you, but know that you live in NY, and the family I was talking about lives in EY, and are much younger.

I thought it was a unique naming situation. Smile Lots of ladies were commenting on it at the bris.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:48 pm
My son is Elazar Nesanel, 10 months old.

Love the name!

He is definitely a cute, ambitious, curious little guy!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names