Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Jewish vlogger?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 1:34 pm
Are there any Jewish orthodox/frum (lady or family) vlogger on YouTube?

1ofbillions

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:33 pm
Not that I know of, but there's a lot of vlog type content from frum people on Instagram.

chipsy

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 6:58 pm
https://www.youtube.com/channe.....ersiw

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 1:57 pm
She looks really cool. It takes guts to convert, remarry, start covering your hair. It's really fascinating to watch. And it's a huge kiddush Hashem that she took her subscibers before she converted with her, and taught them about Judiasm too.

I'm very anti vlogging, I think it's terrible for family life, mental wellbeing, lack of privacy, etc but she's really cool and doesn't have videos often.

Ora in town

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 5:35 pm
Jew in the city
Here is one example:

FocusMIMI

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:47 pm
I'm so curious to know why you are
LovesHashem wrote:
very anti vlogging, I think it's terrible for family life, mental wellbeing, lack of privacy, etc.

Like I get that could be the case for some people, but everyone is different. Of my 5 children there is one who is sort of bursting to have her own youtube channel, and frankly, so am I. Point is: I could see how it wouldn't work for my other 4. Everyone is different, and while it may be terrible for some peoples family life, mental wellbeing and lack of privacy there may be other people for whom vlogging would improve their family life and mental wellbeing. It only includes what you want to show , so you've chosen which 'window' to let people in from. So sure, its not fully private, but if you choose what you show and you might be a more public sort of person anyways then what's the harm?

I'm genuinely asking. Found this thread when searching for Jewish, frum, mom vloggers and was glad to find one linked here. Found another on youtube (Jar of Fireflies
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWB4XNonLTcoc8UywD4M9vQ[/youtube])

The person who wrote earlier that there is lots of this type of content on Instagram is right, but then again, there are some people who don't enjoy that format and are more of the youtube style. IDK if this makes sense, but def curious to hear more as I am really considering vlogging / sharing more online.

Thanks in advance.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:23 am
FocusMIMI wrote:

Like I get that could be the case for some people, but everyone is different. Of my 5 children there is one who is sort of bursting to have her own youtube channel, and frankly, so am I.

There is a difference between making videos, and showing everyone daily moments with your kids and spouse. Who said your kids consent to this? They didn't ask for this?

Many of the non-jewish family vloggers are coming out as abusive or neglectful. But there's a difference between daily vloggers and for example the Buzzby's channel. A channel about a mom who has quints. They post videos every couple weeks and it's just a highlights of a trip or a vacation or a silly moment. They don't have thousands of private interactions posted on youtube.

FocusMIMI

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:07 am
LovesHashem wrote:
There is a difference between making videos, and showing everyone daily moments with your kids and spouse. Who said your kids consent to this? They didn't ask for this?

Oh, for sure. Every daily moment is quite the overdone approach.

I literally have a child asking for their own YouTube Channel - so that kid I would be happy to feature on my own videos, with their permission as well as allow to have their own space potentially. (I know there are other issues with that, it's just an item that is on the table here ATM)

LovesHashem wrote:
They don't have thousands of private interactions posted on youtube.

That's an important benchmark, thank you. Just hearing about the extent people can go R"L with any interest is valuable. Helps you have a balanced and conscious approach walking into a new endeavour.

Thank you for sharing.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:45 am
Would never put kids in the internet public arena like that

not safe

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:53 am
FocusMIMI wrote:
That's an important benchmark, thank you. Just hearing about the extent people can go R"L with any interest is valuable. Helps you have a balanced and conscious approach walking into a new endeavour.

Thank you for sharing.

Watch this. This isn't even about VIDEOS. It's kids talking about how their parents post too much private things on social media.

Also do you know how many people posted they are going on vacation, their plane tickets, and then their house got robbed?

Privacy is important for SO many reasons.

In France kids can sue their parents for oversharing about them. Kids aren't capable of consent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media