Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Will NYC shops be packed on Monday?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:00 pm
Going to be in the city for an appt that day. do you think there will be a mad rush with everyone eager to shop in person?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:04 pm
there may be lines outside. I dont think they'll allow crowding in the stores.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 4:25 pm
I would count on it being packed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:41 pm
Hey, so in case anyone is interested in this area shopping- I'll update on my "shopping trip" today (lol, after the onc trip)

Gap on 34'th- closed. I think they're moving or renovating. store was completely empty.
H & M looked like they were open but had a sign that they're currently closed.
old navy- was open & got some great metzias! there weren't too many people around, everyone was of course wearing masks & line was pretty short- but was officially sd.

I passed by many many boarded up stores Sad it looked like post war (which ya, it was I guess...)

Zara seemed open. victorias secret was completely boarded up. I saw a lady in old navy with macys bags, so I guess theyre partially open or what?

Oh, and BB&B on 3'rd is open too already.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hey, so in case anyone is interested in this area shopping- I'll update on my "shopping trip" today (lol, after the onc trip)

Gap on 34'th- closed. I think they're moving or renovating. store was completely empty.
old navy- was open & got some great metzias! their weren't too many people around, everyone was of course wearing gloves & line was pretty short- but was officially sd.

I passed by many many boarded up stores Sad it looked like post war (which ya, it was I guess...)

Zara seemed open. victorias secret was completely boarded up. I saw a lady in old navy with macys bags, so I guess theyre partially open or what?

Yups. Most of manhattan is boarded up right now

also, people here are still taking social distancing extremely serious.
Like today, all the restaurants were back open doing outdoor dining as part of phase || however it wasn’t packed.
People are pretty wary.
So it’s gonna take a minute for things to resume..

Glad u got some shopping down tho:)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Yups. Most of manhattan is boarded up right now

also, people here are still taking social distancing extremely serious.
Like today, all the restaurants were back open doing outdoor dining as part of phase || however it wasn’t packed.
People are pretty wary.
So it’s gonna take a minute for things to resume..

Glad u got some shopping down tho:)

We took sd very serious & I would never just go on a shopping trip at this point. I was really nervous about it & when shmoozing with the dr I mentioned something & she was like "don't worry, just wear a mask, you'll be ok" LOL

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We took sd very serious & I would never just go on a shopping trip at this point. I was really nervous about it & when shmoozing with the dr I mentioned something & she was like "don't worry, just wear a mask, you'll be ok" LOL

Yups.
I wish people would relax just a little bit tho.
Every time I go out and my mask slips when I’m in the supermarket people hiss at me put on ur mask.

Ofc I know it’s better to be extra cautious. It’s just annoying to live here where ppl take it thattt seriously.
It’s annoying especially when all the other boroughs are way more laxed in their approach.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

old navy- was open & got some great metzias! there weren't too many people around, everyone was of course wearing masks & line was pretty short- but was officially sd.

The bolded. Do you know if it’s boarded up because it was hit during the riots or was done as a precaution? Someone sent me a video of someone driving around Manhattan showing all the boarded up stores saying what the riots did, but my dh said maybe it was done as a precaution.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:10 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Yups.
I wish people would relax just a little bit tho.
Every time I go out and my mask slips when I’m in the supermarket people hiss at me put on ur mask.

Ofc I know it’s better to be extra cautious. It’s just annoying to live here where ppl take it thattt seriously.
It’s annoying especially when all the other boroughs are way more laxed in their approach.

It is annoying when people hiss at you like that and for me at the same time it makes me feel like everyone else think there’s something wrong with everyone else. But if your mask is slipping off, you need a new mask or need to tighten it. It shouldn’t be able to slide off.

mamma2b

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:46 am
yo'ma wrote:
The bolded. Do you know if it’s boarded up because it was hit during the riots or was done as a precaution? Someone sent me a video of someone driving around Manhattan showing all the boarded up stores saying what the riots did, but my dh said maybe it was done as a precaution.

It was done as a precautionary measure. Except specific areas like soho which were hard hit by looters.

Otherwise all the stores downtown leading uptown were just covered up as precaution because the protests were expected to go from downtown uptown on 8th ave leading to upper west side and then the next day on the east side leading to Gracie mansion

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 11:45 am
mamma2b wrote:
It was done as a precautionary measure. Except specific areas like soho which were hard hit by looters.

Otherwise all the stores downtown leading uptown were just covered up as precaution because the protests were expected to go from downtown uptown on 8th ave leading to upper west side and then the next day on the east side leading to Gracie mansion

Talking about soho are the clothing stores in soho open?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Gap on 34th closed in December 2019.
A lot of the boarded up stores were boarded up because of the riots..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics