Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
A. So many questions abt vaccinations B. Dr. Diamonds grp
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:21 am
I used to be the biggest pro vax on this forum. Now with covid I'm so doubting the entire pharmaceutical industry. Well, now I have to start vaccinating my baby. I use Dr. Diamonds grp. Who in the grp won't give me a hard time not giving some vaccines?
Now as far as vaccines itself, I know I can skip Hep A, what other vaccine is not important?
PLEASE NO BASHING!! I'm really looking for the truth to know it and understand it. If your entirely anti vax this thread is not for you.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:42 am
TBH I don’t vaxx my babies. I vaxx my toddlers once they need to start school. And by that time they already missed a couple sets that are only effective for like a half year or year. I only gave my baby the MMR when measles was going around.
No one will give you a hard time. Do your research and then come in and request the vaccines you think are important. They have better things to do than harass you. If they do harass you find another pediatrician.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:47 am
Zehava wrote:
TBH I don’t vaxx my babies. I vaxx my toddlers once they need to start school. And by that time they already missed a couple sets that are only effective for like a half year or year. I only gave my baby the MMR when measles was going around.
No one will give you a hard time. Do your research and then come in and request the vaccines you think are important. They have better things to do than harass you. If they do harass you find another pediatrician.

Which shots are skipped if starting as a toddler? And why are they skipped?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I used to be the biggest pro vax on this forum. Now with covid I'm so doubting the entire pharmaceutical industry. Well, now I have to start vaccinating my baby. I use Dr. Diamonds grp. Who in the grp won't give me a hard time not giving some vaccines?
Now as far as vaccines itself, I know I can skip Hep A, what other vaccine is not important?
PLEASE NO BASHING!! I'm really looking for the truth to know it and understand it. If your entirely anti vax this thread is not for you.

If you trust your pediatrician, get medical advice from them, not some random anonymous woman on the internet.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:49 am
The pertussis I know I wanna give. My dc had pertussis a few yrs ago when it was going around and it was bh not a severe case because he got the shot.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:49 am
There's almost nothing you can skip for school. Rotavirus and Hep A are not mandatory so I'd for sure skip those. The rest your kid will need to get into school. But if you're looking at what you can push off until then, you can skip Hep B. If you google Dr. Paul's Vaccine Schedule he only recommends giving Hep B before a teen becomes s-xually active. Hep B is also one of the more "dangerous" ones as far as adverse reactions go. Definitely skip the flu shot which is mostly ineffective anyway. And polio isn't a real danger in the US these days so unless you plan on travelling out of country, you can push that off too, but it's a less harmful shot than the other ones.
I'd only give MMR to a little kid if an outbreak occurs. Skip chickenpox, rather let them get the actual disease.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which shots are skipped if starting as a toddler? And why are they skipped?
One less dose of Dtap because it's given to protect the baby then as a baby, if you miss the timing, you only catch up with one less. Same with polio. A baby gets 4 doses, a little kid gets only 3.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:01 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
If you trust your pediatrician, get medical advice from them, not some random anonymous woman on the internet.

That's why I wrote Dr. Diamonds grp in the subject. Anybody who uses them knows they can't be trusted as far as vaccines is concerned. I know it's a problem. But I don't think there's a better option in bp. They're s great grp for the most part but very very medical minded.
Next time all you have to do is READ.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:02 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
One less dose of Dtap because it's given to protect the baby then as a baby, if you miss the timing, you only catch up with one less. Same with polio. A baby gets 4 doses, a little kid gets only 3.

Tnx for explaining. I think I'll wait another few months.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's why I wrote Dr. Diamonds grp in the subject. Anybody who uses them knows they can't be trusted as far as vaccines is concerned. I know it's a problem. But I don't think there's a better option in bp. They're s great grp for the most part but very very medical minded.
Next time all you have to do is READ.

Try perfect health

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:03 am
No Dr will tell you skipping vaccinations is ok. I just bring my baby in when he is sick.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:04 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
There's almost nothing you can skip for school. Rotavirus and Hep A are not mandatory so I'd for sure skip those. The rest your kid will need to get into school. But if you're looking at what you can push off until then, you can skip Hep B. If you google Dr. Paul's Vaccine Schedule he only recommends giving Hep B before a teen becomes s-xually active. Hep B is also one of the more "dangerous" ones as far as adverse reactions go. Definitely skip the flu shot which is mostly ineffective anyway. And polio isn't a real danger in the US these days so unless you plan on travelling out of country, you can push that off too, but it's a less harmful shot than the other ones.
I'd only give MMR to a little kid if an outbreak occurs. Skip chickenpox, rather let them get the actual disease.

Tnx so much. I will Google him. What is rotavirus?

I think my questions show you how pro vax I was that I didn't even know what shots are going into my kid. Never mind to know what number kid this is....

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:04 am
Here's a link to the catch-up schedule so you can see for yourself which ones fall away as the kid gets older:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/s......html
The last one on the chart meningoccocal is also not mandatory.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:05 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
No Dr will tell you skipping vaccinations is ok. I just bring my baby in when he is sick.

This. Or I come in and request specific ones. I only give one at a time anyway.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:06 am
Hib and Pneumoccocal also, if kid is past age one they only need one of it as opposed to 4 doses.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think my questions show you how pro vax I was that I didn't even know what shots are going into my kid. Never mind to know what number kid this is....

Pretty typical pro-vaxxer. Good for you for doing your research now. Even if you don't do anything different, at least you'll know what you're doing and why.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....orld.

happy chick

Meningitis and MMR should not be negotiable. I vaccinate and I start young cuz my kids go to a babysitter at 6 weeks old. Most are ok to push off until they're ready for school but those 2 should be top of the list and not pushed off.

amother
Lime

Zehava wrote:
This. Or I come in and request specific ones. I only give one at a time anyway.

What's the minimum you wait in between?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:10 am
happy chick wrote:
Meningitis and MMR should not be negotiable. I vaccinate and I start young cuz my kids go to a babysitter at 6 weeks old. Most are ok to push off until they're ready for school but those 2 should be top of the list and not pushed off.

meningitis is not mandatory for school, it's only given to babies under one. if you send to a babysitter, you need to take it into account. mmr is is not given to babies under one so it's not something that's urgent to give at 12 months and 1 day unless there's an outbreak, which ppl usually know and have enough time to get the kid the shot.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics