Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
A. So many questions abt vaccinations B. Dr. Diamonds grp
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Doctors don't get to have a different opinion on vaccinations if they want to keep their medical license.

Most ridiculous thing I have ever read . There are some " natural minded " doctors out there . You just need to find one. drs do not lose their medical license over vaccines .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
So find yourself some natural minded dr. I disagree with you. You either trust your dr or you dont. You clearly dont trust him so find yourself a new pediatrician.

I didn't ask you to agree with me. This thread is obviously not for you. I couldn't care less if you do or don't agree with me

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:48 pm
Most ridiculous thing I have ever read . There are some " natural minded " doctors out there . You just need to find one. drs do not lose their medical license over vaccines .

Plz stop commenting on this thread. It's not for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:50 pm
So find yourself some natural minded dr. I disagree with you. You either trust your dr or you dont. You clearly dont trust him so find yourself a new pediatrician.

Im iyh staying with that grp even though I don't always agree with him. That's what I choose to do. If you don't like it I'll repeat myself this thread is not for you.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
There's almost nothing you can skip for school. Rotavirus and Hep A are not mandatory so I'd for sure skip those. The rest your kid will need to get into school. But if you're looking at what you can push off until then, you can skip Hep B. If you google Dr. Paul's Vaccine Schedule he only recommends giving Hep B before a teen becomes s-xually active. Hep B is also one of the more "dangerous" ones as far as adverse reactions go. Definitely skip the flu shot which is mostly ineffective anyway. And polio isn't a real danger in the US these days so unless you plan on travelling out of country, you can push that off too, but it's a less harmful shot than the other ones.
I'd only give MMR to a little kid if an outbreak occurs. Skip chickenpox, rather let them get the actual disease.

I actually know Mr. Paul personally and he highly recommends giving vaccines unless your child is kept home with you and not exposed to other children. He really believes the TDaP/DTaP is very important for children who may be exposed to pertussis. You realize many of his recommendations in regard to skipping don't apply to people living the lifestyle we do as frum Jews. He also recommends Hep A for children who eat prepared meals at schools, etc. You can reach out to him and hear.

P.S. Hep B is one of the most tolerated vaccines.

Polio can probably be skipped if you live in US.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:03 pm
Kol hakovod to you for doing ur research in vaccinating your children instead of blindly following doctors orders (which they are forced to push vaccines) Unfortunately I learned the hard way. I knew plenty ppl that stopped vaccinating fully or partially but didnt have the courage to do that till my kid got a reaction which doctors claimed was "coincidence" (they do that all the time)

I wish u luck with Dr Diamonds office. Theyre not easy about this topic. I know someone who was planning to vaccinate her baby but wanted to wait till the 1st birthday. Dr there threatened her by 3 months "or you vaccinate or youre not a patient here anymore"

Its interesting to see that the ppl that are against anti vaxxers are usually the ones that are just doing it blindly without knowing what and why theyre getting vaccinated for.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I actually know Mr. Paul personally and he highly recommends giving vaccines unless your child is kept home with you and not exposed to other children. He really believes the TDaP/DTaP is very important for children who may be exposed to pertussis. You realize many of his recommendations in regard to skipping don't apply to people living the lifestyle we do as frum Jews. He also recommends Hep A for children who eat prepared meals at schools, etc. You can reach out to him and hear.

P.S. Hep B is one of the most tolerated vaccines.

Polio can probably be skipped if you live in US.

I would like to know more abt hep a.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:30 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Kol hakovod to you for doing ur research in vaccinating your children instead of blindly following doctors orders (which they are forced to push vaccines) Unfortunately I learned the hard way. I knew plenty ppl that stopped vaccinating fully or partially but didnt have the courage to do that till my kid got a reaction which doctors claimed was "coincidence" (they do that all the time)

I wish u luck with Dr Diamonds office. Theyre not easy about this topic. I know someone who was planning to vaccinate her baby but wanted to wait till the 1st birthday. Dr there threatened her by 3 months "or you vaccinate or youre not a patient here anymore"

Its interesting to see that the ppl that are against anti vaxxers are usually the ones that are just doing it blindly without knowing what and why theyre getting vaccinated for.

Aren't you an educated person to comment
I highly doubt that the words you put into quotes were said verbatim by the doctor. (which is what quotes insinuate) It's "EITHER you vaccinate or you're not a patient here anymore"

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Aren't you an educated person to comment
I highly doubt that the words you put into quotes were said verbatim by the doctor. (which is what quotes insinuate) It's "EITHER you vaccinate or you're not a patient here anymore"

Aren't you a smart@ss, dismissing the whole story because she didn't repeat the exact words of the doctor? (You left out a period after your first sentence.)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Aren't you a smart@ss, dismissing the whole story because she didn't repeat the exact words of the doctor? (You left out a period after your first sentence.)

Trying to make a point here. Read the rest of her post. This is where she lost her credibility. Something along the lines of those against antivaxxers are following blindly without without doing their due research, and have no idea what theyre subjecting their poor children to. There's an untrue generalization if there was ever one.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 2:46 pm
But I take it back. I didnt mean to be obnoxious and I'm publicly asking mechila.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Trying to make a point here. Read the rest of her post. This is where she lost her credibility. Something along the lines of those against antivaxxers are following blindly without without doing their due research, and have no idea what theyre subjecting their poor children to. There's an untrue generalization if there was ever one.

She lost her credibility bc she inserted a yiddishism? (Which is highly likely a chassidish dr in bp actually did say lol - I don't know the one in question here but I wouldn't discount it having happened. My highly educated, non chassidish, very proper high school principal said all the time "or / or" even though it's incorrect)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
She lost her credibility bc she inserted a yiddishism? (Which is highly likely a chassidish dr in bp actually did say lol - I don't know the one in question here but I wouldn't discount it having happened. My highly educated, non chassidish, very proper high school principal said all the time "or / or" even though it's incorrect)

like I said. read the rest of her post. ( and the grammar correction on my part was just mean of me)

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I could be wrong. I've read other books besides Dr. Paul, but I think he says hep a is generally not a risk for kids.
He advises parents to be careful of the toxic load in vaccines in general esp when babies are so young and underdeveloped.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Hep A is a disease of the liver that can make you pretty sick BUT does resolve, not like Hep C of which there is not recovery. It's passed through contaminated food and water. Unless you're traveling, it's unlikely your child would be exposed in infancy. It's recommended at 1 year of age and then a 2nd dose 6 months later.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
meningitis is not mandatory for school, it's only given to babies under one. if you send to a babysitter, you need to take it into account. mmr is is not given to babies under one so it's not something that's urgent to give at 12 months and 1 day unless there's an outbreak, which ppl usually know and have enough time to get the kid the shot.

HIB also protects against meningitis. She is probably referring to that as well.

Eselle13

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:06 pm
My sister worked there and I use them for my kids. From what I heard, if you are reasonable and responsible, they will work with you. These illnesses still exist and kids and babies who aren't vaccinated from their practice get them every year and end up in the hospital. They don't give vaccines only cause they are supposed to. They see up close what happens when kids get sick! And when a 4 month old baby has whooping cough in the middle of the night and can't breath, who do you think the parents call after Hatzalah? The doctors.

I know that one of the doctors lets responsible parents monitor ear infections for a day or two with natural treatment before going to meds. But realize that if they say, bring your kid back tomorrow so we can check that it didn't get worse, they mean you have to show up! There's a kid in the group who lost her hearing in one ear because the parents said they would treat it naturally and it didn't work too many times.

When measles was going around, they gave some families a choice, either start vaccinating responsibly or leave the practice. You wouldn't believe the shtick people tried to pull. Said they would come back for the next one and didn't. That kind of stuff ruins their trust.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:11 pm
Eselle13 wrote:
My sister worked there and I use them for my kids. From what I heard, if you are reasonable and responsible, they will work with you. These illnesses still exist and kids and babies who aren't vaccinated from their practice get them every year and end up in the hospital. They don't give vaccines only cause they are supposed to. They see up close what happens when kids get sick! And when a 4 month old baby has whooping cough in the middle of the night and can't breath, who do you think the parents call after Hatzalah? The doctors.

I know that one of the doctors lets responsible parents monitor ear infections for a day or two with natural treatment before going to meds. But realize that if they say, bring your kid back tomorrow so we can check that it didn't get worse, they mean you have to show up! There's a kid in the group who lost her hearing in one ear because the parents said they would treat it naturally and it didn't work too many times.

When measles was going around, they gave some families a choice, either start vaccinating responsibly or leave the practice. You wouldn't believe the shtick people tried to pull. Said they would come back for the next one and didn't. That kind of stuff ruins their trust.

That kind of stuff ruins the trust for the parents to the doctors and I guess the doctors to answer up if a patient of theirs ends up hospitalized. last year in the beginning of the measles outbreak we saw an infectious disease doctor for an issue. we were talking about the measles outbreak & she mentioned in passing that they saw many patients from one specific pediatrician practice...

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Which is highly likely a chassidish dr in bp actually did say lol -

Which of the doctors in that practice is chassidishe?? I’ve never met one

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Which of the doctors in that practice is chassidishe?? I’ve never met one

Dr. Stein I think is. I never met her yet but from what I hear. Her kids go to tomar Deborah I believe.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics