Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Swim shoes for preteen /Lakewood camp
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:19 pm
Can someone help a mom and post a link for a popular swim shoe for a 10 year old girl going to a mainstream Lakewood camp. We just moved to Lakewood from OOT and I wish for my daughter to look like she lives in lkwd and not liked she has a fashion clueless mom Hiding Thanks in advance!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:27 pm
Following

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 12:38 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4231d

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:03 pm
Thanks for the link. Those go up to size 13 kids. Any way to post a link for big girls shoes sizes. Are floaters really more popular now than natives? Thanks for your help!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:09 pm
They go until size 3 but they’re out of a lot of sizes and colors. I bought them for some of my children and the others got natives. Many girls in my neighborhood wear natives.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the link. Those go up to size 13 kids. Any way to post a link for big girls shoes sizes. Are floaters really more popular now than natives? Thanks for your help!

After size 13, the next size up is 1, then 2 and 3. They also come in women's sizes (they cost almost double).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:58 pm
Thanks for the responses. Can anyone weigh in on if natives are babyish at age 10 or if they know of any other place that sells floafers? ( as Amazon and the floafers website are sold out in her size) thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Can anyone weigh in on if natives are babyish at age 10 or if they know of any other place that sells floafers? ( as amazon and the floafers website are sold out in her size) thanks!

I don't think Natives are babyish.
Regarding the floafers, what size does she wear?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 8:01 pm
Thanks Ramom!
She is size 3

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 8:52 pm
I live in Lakewood and all my girls just got natives. Preschool thru high school ages. Not babyish in my opinion

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood and all my girls just got natives. Preschool thru high school ages. Not babyish in my opinion

Thank you! Any idea of a color to choose for that age? Thanks!!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 9:37 pm
Natives are totally fine. Floafers are becoming popular now and a lot of the 'cooler' girls are getting them. Most girls still have Natives, but will probably switch to floafers when they outgrow their current pairs. I think Shoetique on County Line sells Floafers in their store, if you want to try them on. My daughter's Natives from last year still fit and she wears them happily.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:02 pm
I just bought myself and teen daughters Floafers. I find them more comfortable than natives, the material is softer. But yes they are more expensive than natives. About $20 more

gilamom

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:10 pm
Natives for my teen are in the forty dollar range, Floafers on Amazon and Macy's right now in her size (women's 5) are also $45.

asweet

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:25 pm
Hi,
Does someone know how the floafers fits?

If my dd is between a 5 and 6, what size is best to go with?
Thanks!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 21 2020, 10:31 pm
Most of my ten year old daughter’s friends have natives (Lakewood). I thought the floafers were cute, but she didn’t like them. I actually ended up getting them for my husband Smile
You’re definitely safe with natives! Just don’t get the glittery ones, because the glitter peels right off.

ETA: if you’re worried about her fitting in, you’re probably better off with natives, because floafers are pretty new, so many girls will likely still have natives.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:49 pm
My 12 year old DD got new natives for the season. No one I know (except on imamother) got or is wearing floafers. Haven't seen them on anyone anywhere (neighborhood full of kids.)

Agree, skip the glittery ones.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Any idea of a color to choose for that age? Thanks!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

My DD got these. They match her swimming stuff.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:53 pm
I live in a really trendy neighborhood in lkwd. I am seeing lots of floaters, but also plenty of natives. You can go with either. Oddly, everyone’s glitter natives look very sparkly to me

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I live in a really trendy neighborhood in lkwd. I am seeing lots of floaters, but also plenty of natives. You can go with either. Oddly, everyone’s glitter natives look very sparkly to me

It's still early in the season. Let us know what they look like later in the summer.

(My DD wanted me to get her new ones because the glitter came off, in a previous year....I did not give in to that, but just saying that happens.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children