Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Please please please don't skip Polio
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:10 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Good points! Start a spinoff on the vax forum!

This IS a spinoff on the vax forum.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:29 am
This is what I find so fascinatingly weird & shocking, that after the whole Covid thing- who in their right mind would actually want to bring on another pandemic by withholding vaccines from diseases that have bh mostly been eradicated...

I guess it stems from a lack of knowledge on the history of vaccines...

I for one am very grateful to Hkb’H for giving us epidemiologists, scientists etc who have developed all these vaccines so we don’t live our daily life in terror of so many illnesses. May Hashem guide his shlichim for the right vaccine or just end this Covid pandemic b’karov mamash.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:33 am
Can someone clarify, since this is the first I'm seeing: Why is the polio vaccine specifically being linked to Covid in some people's minds?

banana123

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:35 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Can someone clarify, since this is the first I'm seeing: Why is the polio vaccine specifically being linked to Covid in some people's minds?

I believe it's because of this.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/0......html

But I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so I could be wrong.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:35 am
PinkFridge wrote:

It’s a s/o of this thread where op was advised she can skip polio https://www.imamother.com/foru.....94842

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:10 am
When you skip giving the polio vaccine to your child, think of my grandparents, Holocaust survivors who, after losing so many members of their family and going through hell, lost their oldest child to polio a mere few years before the vaccine came out.

What they would have given to have their child survive.....

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:30 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
It’s a s/o of this thread where op was advised she can skip polio https://www.imamother.com/foru.....94842

Thanks. No time to read the thread thoroughly.
I do wish I could have given my kids a more delayed schedule instead of overloading their systems. BH no lasting effects, it just seems a good way to do it. But if I were doing it now, honestly, I'd trust the doctors.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:45 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Thanks. No time to read the thread thoroughly.
I do wish I could have given my kids a more delayed schedule instead of overloading their systems. BH no lasting effects, it just seems a good way to do it. But if I were doing it now, honestly, I'd trust the doctors.

I asked our pediatrician about the bolded perspective.

He asked if I thought my child actually catching the disease wouldn't also overload their system...

"seems a good way" can only be done if one has knowledge of all the details and ramifications...

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I think that if someone doesn't want to give the IPV, then the child should just receive the OPV when they are in school. No parental consent necessary.

Polio is a real threat and if the parents can't be relied on to give the series of safe immunizations then they can receive the one-and-done version, which comes with risks if it's given without the IPV being given first, but at least the risk is only to that child and not to the entire community.

And the anti-vax parents anyways don't seem to have a problem risking their child's health...so at least this way the community is protected.

No Parental Consent Necessary? You want GOVERNMENT owning your children???

Maybe government will decide to chop off your DS's eiver without your consent because he
once said he likes wearing dresses.

You OK with that? It's for your child's "health" per the Government.

Either you support ALL Parent's Rights or YOU have no parental rights!!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:00 am
cbsp wrote:

He asked if I thought my child actually catching the disease wouldn't also overload their system...

"seems a good way" can only be done if one has knowledge of all the details and ramifications...

Really smart answer Can't Believe It
When I child is sick, his, system is fighting one disease, as opposed to giving vaccines for multiple diseases +all the garbage that goes into all these vaccines to make the body actually recognize that there is something foreign it needs to fight

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:42 pm
Vaccines don't "overburden" the childrens' "systems"...
The schedule is proven and tested,

As long as the child has no immune system proble, which should be found out beforehand, there is nothing to fear...

I think much of this anti-vaxx movement is spoiled brat behavior, irrational and haughty behavior by people who don't know what it looks like when we have to live without the amenities of modern medicine.

Java

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:48 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
No Parental Consent Necessary? You want GOVERNMENT owning your children???

Maybe government will decide to chop off your DS's eiver without your consent because he
once said he likes wearing dresses.

You OK with that? It's for your child's "health" per the Government.

Either you support ALL Parent's Rights or YOU have no parental rights!!!

https://owl.excelsior.edu/argu.....gray.

False Dilemma Fallacy. Sometimes called the “either-or” fallacy, a false dilemma is a logical fallacy that presents only two options or sides when there are many options or sides. Essentially, a false dilemma presents a “black and white” kind of thinking when there are actually many shades of gray

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:01 pm
bananas4bananas wrote:
https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-and-critical-thinking/logical-fallacies/logical-fallacies-false-dilemma/#:~:text=False%20Dilemma%20Fallacy,actually%20many%20shades%20of%20gray.

False Dilemma Fallacy. Sometimes called the “either-or” fallacy, a false dilemma is a logical fallacy that presents only two options or sides when there are many options or sides. Essentially, a false dilemma presents a “black and white” kind of thinking when there are actually many shades of gray

thank you...

Java

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:11 pm
Ora in town wrote:
thank you...

No problem Wink
I chose to respond to this particular poster, but it comes up a LOT on this site. (especially on the Politics forum with one or two specific posters over and over again....)
It's a very immature and flawed way to look at the world, and I'm continually surprised by how many adults subscribe to these kinds of ideas

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:44 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Vaccines don't "overburden" the childrens' "systems"...
The schedule is proven and tested,

As long as the child has no immune system proble, which should be found out beforehand, there is nothing to fear...

I think much of this anti-vaxx movement is spoiled brat behavior, irrational and haughty behavior by people who don't know what it looks like when we have to live without the amenities of modern medicine.

The schedule is not proven and tested. Show me one study that tests the safety of schedule in its entirety as opposed to one addition at a time.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:47 pm
cbsp wrote:

that doesn’t explain why you can’t do each one a few weeks apart. There is no higher risk of doing one shot per visit, it just takes more time for the dr.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:50 pm
cbsp wrote:

I don't get it. Are you anticipating your child having diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, and rubella (as an example) all on one day??? How did the doctor answer the question regarding too many vaccines on one visit?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I don't get it. Are you anticipating your child having diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, and rubella (as an example) all on one day??? How did the doctor answer the question regarding too many vaccines on one visit?

I don't think you understand how vaccines work. They don't mimic the disease and make your body fight it off. They're like the crib sheets before the test. They're training your body to recognize a foreign invader. That's it.

I have a degree in immunology, FYI.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't think you understand how vaccines work. They don't mimic the disease and make your body fight it off. They're like the crib sheets before the test. They're training your body to recognize a foreign invader. That's it.

I have a degree in immunology, FYI.

I don't think you were following the conversation. PF said she would do a delayed schedule instead of overloading their systems. cbsp responded with what her doctor said about that, and I asked her how her doctor's rsponse addressed the concern of getting so many in one day.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:14 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I don't think you were following the conversation. PF said she would do a delayed schedule instead of overloading their systems. cbsp responded with what her doctor said about that, and I asked her how her doctor's rsponse addressed the concern of getting so many in one day.

And she was answering that the actual illness takes a much higher toll on the body than the vaccine, due to the nature of vaccines. So one illness does not equal one vaccine.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics