Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with delusional anti vaxer?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
You got it!

But didn’t the other M (G) give shots now?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:50 pm
I wish we could PM each other without our usernames! S is E's DIL.

You know my number! You can call me! I still have a sweater from one of your boys LOL

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:50 pm
this is so cute!!!!!!!!! Lol

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
You know my number! You can call me! I still have a sweater from one of your boys LOL

LOL LOL
This is some entertainment

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:47 pm
Oh ok. Since she got married after me, I do not know her name! I only know the ones that got married before me.

Shame.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:48 pm
Btw, I didn't confirm or deny your suspicions about my identity.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:48 pm
Surplus wrote:
LOL LOL

Glad to be of service!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm sorry about the rant but I just have to get this off my chest. There's a woman in my community who recently posted an anti vax conspiracy theory in our community group. When someone asked her to please not bring up the topic (in a very friendly tone) she got upset and claimed she was being censored. She was not, she's still in the group. Then a week after she send personal messages (more links about the conspiracy) to everyone who agreed with the other woman. I told her that I wasn't interested, that I think she's wrong and that sending me this I can only assume she wants to into a fight with me. She complained again about her censorship and called me a sheep for believing that polio and other vaccines work. At this point I stopped arguing with her.
Yesterday the son of a friend passed away due to leukemia, so I posted a link for tehilim in his honor. The anti vaxer then responded "it's the vaccines ". How? How? She doesn't know my friend or her son. I don't even know if her son was vaccinated. Justly someone called her out how this isn't the right forum for this and she again got offended by " censorship ". I told her just to think how harsh she sounds and she in turn claimed that on the contrary, it was her great ahavat Israel that made her do this. Finally someone encouraged her to form her own group for the anti VAX news. Others in the group reached out to me to say how sorry they were but there's also people who joined that group. I just don't get it . I don't know why a normal person who has the same access to information as I do would still want to hear more. I'm starting to suspect she's bipolar or something. In real life I've always been friendly to her. How does one deal with such a person? Ignore her completely?

I hear u. It sounds like things were portrayed in an unpleasant way. I will say, we don't vaccinate for various reasons and I do think if things went as you state, it's a bit rough approach.
There is a lot of censorship on truths of different kinds & it sounds like she was using this terms to quickly. If vaccines shouldn't be spoken Abt in group then it should be for everyone, not just her - for all vaccine info and viewa. If it's too much, might be worth implementing that rule in the group so whenever it comes up there can be a strike 1,2,3 and out so everyone feels equal and safe.

Non vaxxers have their reasons and vaxxers have their reasons. Each from different understandings and many have a hard time bringing things across gently from both ends. In the end of the day both parties think they are right or both know! They are right.
Every.single.view. is right to an individual until proven otherwise so yes there will be two strong pulls which leads to fallouts like these.

In regards to the young boy, it's a very sad situation. Nobody wants to hear what other ppls views are at a time like this when everything is so fresh and raw. Who are we to decide what it was from?! There ARae incidents where vaccines may have caused such things and we cannot and will not know if this was the case here!
One of my kids have a condition without having received any vaccines. And you know ehat,? I get the same rhetoric! I get asked if he was vaccinated. While I do know quite a few who experienced the same right after vaccines and some Drs confirmed it was the cause,it's not the case by us.
Hashem runs the world. We have to do the best we can with our knowledge even if that means to question things to get the answers we need. We can do the same with Drs. If not comfortable with answer, we can hunt the answer! Even after all that, hashem decides! We still have to try and not say that it will all just work out if we follow x,y,z because that's not always hishtadlus.

I'm sorry for what u went thru on the group and I'm guessing this was about shua? So unfortunate. Everyone should just have healing.

I'm not on the forum often and likely won't see responses, not have I read the comments here. I hope the family finds comfort and that they can heal and move on after this terrible tragedy.

Reality

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:46 pm
Surplus wrote:
LOL LOL

Agreed! The family jewish geography is the best part of this thread!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:47 pm
I think the point is lost. Stating one's opinion is not geferlech. . What irks most people is that any conversation, that you have, the anti-vaxers will turn it to this ONLY issue. Even, discussing the price of potatoes in China...VAX VAX VAX is the issue. THAT is why she had to be expelled, in my opinion.

I had a similar issue with an acquaintance that started bombarding me on WhatsApp with tons of (mis)information regarding vaccines. I clearly said:"Please, I do not wanna hear about this subject. It took NUMEROUS bold requests for her to STOP. I am NOT interested!!!

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 8:55 pm
OP, Purple, and Aubergine - get a room, or a table at the family chanuka party!! LOL LOL

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:04 pm
Btw, I didn't confirm or deny your suspicions about my identity.

Yes yes we know....
How would you know if your mother is on here?

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:04 pm
Nu, purple & aubergine- did you talk?
How’d the convo go? Hi S or hi purple? Wink (Whatever I May be mixing up the colors & initials Smile )
Keep us posted on the reunion!

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:44 am
It seems like in their family being pro vax is going Otd. They need a support group.

Last edited by doodlesmom on Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 4:59 am
doodlesmom wrote:
It evens like in their family being pro vax is going Otd. They need a support group.

On Zoom

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:07 am
Silent

Aubergine, you are really strange!!!

You were the first to identify purple, you asked her who she was, whether she was X or Y, and now you want to plead the fifth?

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:36 am
The only anti vaxxers I have met are either not very smart/educated or a little socially off. With that in mind, just treat her as you would someone who’s a tad off her rocker. You used the word delusional. How would you deal with a delusional person in general?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:39 am
doodlesmom wrote:
It evens like in their family being pro vax is going Otd. They need a support group.

Not a joke. This is so true. When you’re the odd one out, it’s not pleasant.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:40 am
Ora in town wrote:
Aubergine, you are really strange!!!

You were the first to identify purple, you asked her who she was, whether she was X or Y, and now you want to plead the fifth?

Thanks for sticking up for me! Who else is on my side?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:37 am
Thanks for sticking up for me! Who else is on my side?

Me! Fun to read, but when/if you call your relative and say, we're you aubergine, she should be honest!!!!

Otherwise very unnerving.

What kind of relative is she?
Unless she was joking?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics