Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's all starting to get to me

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:14 pm
I can't take it anymore.
I was fine when everyone was in quarantine. I was ok with Zoom school. I enjoyed virtual exercise and art classes, book clubs and virtual fields.
We pulled together and I made a beautiful high school graduation celebration for my daughter (whose graduation was over Zoom, but I bought plenty of decorations and prepared lots of food to celebrate)

And now things are half opened/half not opened, and I'm ready to snap.
Zoom School is over, but I no longer feel like making schedules of virtual activities for the kids.
I haven't felt like doing a virtual exercise class in weeks.
Things are still closed (like the gym and library) but I'm not sure I'm ready to go to them anyway once they do open up.
I basically just lay around all day....sort of prepare meals (kids are happy making themselves a sandwich for lunch and my older kids can make pots of pasta)

I have plenty of books to read. Craft projects to do. Other things I could be doing.

But I don't feel like doing anything. I'm so tired from making everything run smoothly during all the lockdown that I don't feel like doing anything now

My husband works from home still, but has 2 afternoons off a week. The only place he wants to go on those afternoons off is to this hiking area with a lake where he swims.The hike is about two miles and it's illegal to swim in the lake. I have zero interest in the hike and zero interest in swimming illegally. I think he is being very dumb with it and I can't stand that he takes the kids. But, it's the only place he wants to go on his time off and I don't drive. So, I'm basically just stuck at home (not that there's anywhere to go anyway)

I really feel like I'm losing it.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:21 pm
Since you are just starting I want to let you know that unfortunately you have arrived too late. We've been here already since May. By now I got my routine. Couch all day. One load and I get up for emergencies. I never knew what it felt like for ppl who go through life struggling with motivation. So at least I learned something.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:33 pm
Yea it’s nice you didn’t lose it till now and it’s only starting to get to you. I’m looking forward for daycamp next week so I can finally start finding it back again.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can't take it anymore.
I was fine when everyone was in quarantine. I was ok with Zoom school. I enjoyed virtual exercise and art classes, book clubs and virtual fields.
We pulled together and I made a beautiful high school graduation celebration for my daughter (whose graduation was over Zoom, but I bought plenty of decorations and prepared lots of food to celebrate)

And now things are half opened/half not opened, and I'm ready to snap.
Zoom School is over, but I no longer feel like making schedules of virtual activities for the kids.
I haven't felt like doing a virtual exercise class in weeks.
Things are still closed (like the gym and library) but I'm not sure I'm ready to go to them anyway once they do open up.
I basically just lay around all day....sort of prepare meals (kids are happy making themselves a sandwich for lunch and my older kids can make pots of pasta)

I have plenty of books to read. Craft projects to do. Other things I could be doing.

But I don't feel like doing anything. I'm so tired from making everything run smoothly during all the lockdown that I don't feel like doing anything now

My husband works from home still, but has 2 afternoons off a week. The only place he wants to go on those afternoons off is to this hiking area with a lake where he swims.The hike is about two miles and it's illegal to swim in the lake. I have zero interest in the hike and zero interest in swimming illegally. I think he is being very dumb with it and I can't stand that he takes the kids. But, it's the only place he wants to go on his time off and I don't drive. So, I'm basically just stuck at home (not that there's anywhere to go anyway)

I really feel like I'm losing it.

I'm startig to feel it too. We got into routine w school and making everyone's schedule work.
And now, that's all gone. Here comes more fun!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:57 pm
OP Here:
My kids don't do camp. We can't afford it
Our summers are basically craft camps at Michael's for a few dollars per kid, library events, cheap movies, and my coming up with activities. I'm tapped out for coming up with things to do and everything is closed.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 2:18 pm
I feel you.
No kids, newly married. DH learning and davenig from home. I'm looking for a job. Were stuck at home all day with each other. I miss my family and friends. DH is super careful and doesn't want to go out so much. We don't have a car. It's hard.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP Here:
My kids don't do camp. We can't afford it
Our summers are basically craft camps at Michael's for a few dollars per kid, library events, cheap movies, and my coming up with activities. I'm tapped out for coming up with things to do and everything is closed.

Are libraries doing virtual programming?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics