Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sensory OT in Brooklyn
1  2  Next

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:18 pm
Hi - I need an evaluation with an OT specializing in sensory issues in toddlers (a therapy play center would be best) asap. What's making it harder is that we currently have United Healthcare Community. Can anyone give recommendations? I really want someone top, will pay if I have to but obviously would like to try insurance first.
Thanks for any help!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:26 pm
If you want to pay I recommend fraida flaischman at yaldeinu - she gave my son a comprehensive evaluation with a meeting with me after that with lots of insight and recommendations and a written report as well

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
If you want to pay I recommend fraida flaischman at yaldeinu - she gave my son a comprehensive evaluation with a meeting with me after that with lots of insight and recommendations and a written report as well

Thanks for responding! Can you tell me approximately how much it cost?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:42 pm
kenz wrote:
Thanks for responding! Can you tell me approximately how much it cost?

I took my son there about three years ago- I don’t recall exactly how much it cost but I think it was about 3-400 dollars- a lot I know! I needed it desperately so it was worth it. I’m sure you can find an OT who would do it for way less.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:43 pm
Why do t you call early intervention or board of Ed and get it for free?

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:43 pm
I took my son there about three years ago- I don’t recall exactly how much it cost but I think it was about 3-400 dollars- a lot I know! I needed it desperately so it was worth it. I’m sure you can find an OT who would do it for way less.

Thanks - I'm trying but I will definitely pay if I have to, I want to get it taken care of asap.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:56 pm
kenz wrote:
Thanks - I'm trying but I will definitely pay if I have to, I want to get it taken care of asap.

Hi! I’m also looking.
Did you try early intervention?

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Hi! I’m also looking.
Did you try early intervention?

We're up to Board of Ed, and it's in the process but I don't want to wait for it.

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:05 pm
Why do t you call early intervention or board of Ed and get it for free?

Thanks, I did that route too but I don't want to wait for it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:38 pm
kenz wrote:
We're up to Board of Ed, and it's in the process but I don't want to wait for it.

Is board of Ed because your child is too old for EI?

Thank you for answering

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Is board of Ed because your child is too old for EI?

Thank you for answering

Yes, he's ageing out.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:24 pm
Hi, any of you could help me on, am also looking into OT-sensory.
I would really not wait for BOE, how did you go ahead?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:24 pm
Fraida Flaischman does a comprehensive evaluation, and writes out a treatment plan/recommendations for the OT to follow. But it still doesn't solve your problem of finding a sensory OT to treat your child. If it is through EI, there is an OT- Chaya Hefter who is really good. I don't know if she just does EI, or also older.
Miriam Peykar- E 19th and Ave N has a gym in her basement with lots of equipment and a few OT's who work there.
I happen to be an OT (I work with school age children) so feel free to ask me any questions- and I'll see if I can be of any help.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Fraida Flaischman does a comprehensive evaluation, and writes out a treatment plan/recommendations for the OT to follow. But it still doesn't solve your problem of finding a sensory OT to treat your child. If it is through EI, there is an OT- Chaya Hefter who is really good. I don't know if she just does EI, or also older.
Miriam Peykar- E 19th and Ave N has a gym in her basement with lots of equipment and a few OT's who work there.
I happen to be an OT (I work with school age children) so feel free to ask me any questions- and I'll see if I can be of any help.

Which agency is chaya hefter with?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

Thank you!
My son is 3, the school just applied to go through the BOE but said it will take a while so I should try going through insurance. I have no idea how and where to start. His pediatrician is giving me a referral, now am looking where to go from there.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:36 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Thank you!
My son is 3, the school just applied to go through the BOE but said it will take a while so I should try going through insurance. I have no idea how and where to start. His pediatrician is giving me a referral, now am looking where to go from there.

Is there any way you can switch to health first?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:44 pm
Sorry for my ignorance but what is health first?
The dr told me to go through a center. I wouldn't even know where to start!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what is health first?
The dr told me to go through a center. I wouldn't even know where to start!

Healthfirst is an insurance through Medicaid. They pay for a lot of stuff that uhc doesn’t.
Ask around and find out where you can get OT/PT through insurance in your area.
In Williamsburg we have ODA, parcare, hamaspik has a center, pesach tikvah has one but I’m not sure if they have ot and pt, and maybe others, I don’t know.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Healthfirst is an insurance through Medicaid. They pay for a lot of stuff that uhc doesn’t.
Ask around and find out where you can get OT/PT through insurance in your area.
In Williamsburg we have ODA, parcare, hamaspik has a center, pesach tikvah has one but I’m not sure if they have ot and pt, and maybe others, I don’t know.

Wait, what? I can get my dc OT on my own through insurance? What about if dc is getting EI already but I feel like they need more. Can I do both? Any suggestions of places to get these through insurance in Flatbush?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Wait, what? I can get my dc OT on my own through insurance? What about if dc is getting EI already but I feel like they need more. Can I do both? Any suggestions of places to get these through insurance in Flatbush?

If insurance approves him, yes you can get both. Sorry I don't know any places in flatbush, maybe you can make a thread on this. You can also ask your OT to push for more time through EI.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics