Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen Connections vs. Creative Woodwork (Krausz) pros cons

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 12:28 pm
Who would you rather deal with, when making a Transitional leaning towards Traditional Wood kitchen (high-medium budget)?

Who gives better quality cabinets and workmanship for the money?

Any info you can offer is very much appreciated.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:35 pm
What specific brands do they offer? Or, are they a wood working company that produces cabinets themselves.

I finished a big remodel last year and researched extensively. I wound up going with a custom cabinet maker because I could get exactly what I wanted and once I priced out semi-custom cabinets in decent quality, they would more expensive and I wouldn't get exactly what I wanted.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:45 pm
Amarante wrote:
What specific brands do they offer? Or, are they a wood working company that produces cabinets themselves.

Im curious about that myself, but I think they have a veriety of cabinets in different price points.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im curious about that myself, but I think they have a veriety of cabinets in different price points.

My best advice is to google cabinet construction and also go to houzz.com forums and ask questions.

I would never dream of saying I am an experienced carpenter but at least I had the ability to ask intelligent questions about construction and learn about what differentiates cabinets based on features and constructions. Also which features are important to functionality. There was stuff that I hadn't realized mattered until I learned about it and other stuff that I realized made no difference or I actually didn't want.

I also learned a good bit about how to ask intelligent questions about how they would actually be doing the work.

Do you understand difference between MDF and plywood construction?
Frameless vs. framed cabinets?
How drawer hardware impacts durability as well as functionality?
Pros and cons of painted versus stained wood cabinets?
Etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 2:00 pm
After doing a bathroom recently, Ive learned that the more people that I can hear from, whove used the cabinet person/contractor I plan on using, to hear what if anything they regret after working w them dealing with big sums of money (what to make sure to put into contract, and if they honor their word as far as time, and warranties, if the advice they give customers is what theyd do themselves in their home, etc), the better off I am. Everything else is generalities.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 2:04 pm
My advice is based on getting the kitchen to be the best you can get.

Obviously one doesn't hire any tradesperson or GC without extensive recommendations from people you trust AND asking to view work they have done.

Ideally you would also provide your design plan to at least three people to get bids.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:03 pm
Creative is in the business 35+ years.
He measures your kitchen and sits down with you to customize based on your specifications.
The cabinets are not custom, but there are low, medium and high end cabinets and hardware.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 3:37 pm
I did an OCD amount of research before starting on my kitchen remodel.
Ultimately I went with Kitchen Connections for a few reasons -
They have a really big showroom in Boro Park with literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of actual door samples in every color and style. This really helped me choose what I liked.
Being able to touch and feel the doors was a huge a help.
The owner was really patient and accommodating of my OCD amount of questions
I learnt that they are dealers of many different cabinet manufacturers. Therefore they can offer practically every possible color and design option. Basically, their not locked Into one specific manufacturer
They have lower end Chinese imports cabinets all the way to expensive custom American made cabinetry
Most of all though- I felt comfortable and informed throughout the process.
Hope this helps! And good luck on your project!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 4:10 pm
I agree with cerise.
I redid my kitchen with kitchen connections last year. They were super helpful and they really helped me within my budget!
I would highly recommend kitchen connections

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 5:20 pm
I highly recommend Kitchen Connections. I did a kitchen 8 years ago and they really came through on all fronts. Great customer service, honest, and exceptionally knowledgeable. Although my space isn't very large, I love the design and quality of my kitchen.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:59 pm
Also, how does Exquisite Kitchen's (Hershkowitz) reputation compare to the 2 I mentioned here?

catinthehat

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:00 pm
exquisite kitchens does mostly high end completely custom. His work is stunning but hes definitely not middle of the road. I dont know how they compare to the others
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen