Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need suggestions where to move
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:47 pm
Hi
My husband is from Lakewood/Florida and I’m from Brooklyn. We lived in Boro park till I finished college and recently moved to Lakewood cuz it was easy and cheap. We are very open minded and more out of town Ish/chilled. We feel like people are judging us that we aren’t “normal” like most people around here. For example I barely get dressed up and I don’t wear a wig besides to work or a Simcha. We want a place that people are just accepting of everyone, where everyone is just friends with one another no matter what religious level they are on. We Want a place where we wouldn’t feel the need to prove anything to anyone. We saw a few communities but when we explained what we are looking for and where we come from they responded that they aren’t at all like Lakewood as if they had something against it and were trying to prove to us that they are “different”. We aren’t against any type of people or any religious level we just want to live in a place where people are themselves/no peer pressure. We are very young, married a year and a half about to have our first child. I’m a sonographer and my husband is a very hard worker with experience in many areas.

Looking for someplace cheap and affordable, preferably in warmer climate.

Does this exist or are we dreaming?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:55 pm
Type wise, I literally could’ve written the same post. My husband is Lakewood/Florida and I’m from Brooklyn. I’m starting PA school after the summer. I only dress up/wear shaitel for simchos and special occasions. LOL LOL we’re in lkwd currently and planning on staying here for sure the next bunch of years... I understand you’re looking for a more oot kind of place but there are areas locally that are chilled like that- not the schools though... we wanna homeschool

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:57 pm
Pittsburgh
Baltimore

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:01 pm
Cincinnati! Low cost of living, school vouchers, and a very warm accepting community.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:02 pm
Cleveland is chilled like that. The housing is affordable, and jobs in healthcare are widely available, but not necessarily as much in other areas.

Alas, not a warmer climate.

rdmom

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:02 pm
Toms River.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:03 pm
Cleveland

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:04 pm
atlanta
LA
Miami
Tampa
Dallas
Houston
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Memphis

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Type wise, I literally could’ve written the same post. My husband is Lakewood/Florida and I’m from Brooklyn. I’m starting PA school after the summer. I only dress up/wear shaitel for simchos and special occasions. LOL LOL we’re in lkwd currently and planning on staying here for sure the next bunch of years... I understand you’re looking for a more oot kind of place but there are areas locally that are chilled like that- not the schools though... we wanna homeschool

Lol LOL
Do u guys have any plans of where you would want to move? We don’t necessarily want to Homeschool but have considered it because of the schools that are available here.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol LOL
Do u guys have any plans of where you would want to move? We don’t necessarily want to Homeschool but have considered it because of the schools that are available here.

We’re stuck here for sure the next three years while I’m in school. I’m hoping to get into a scholarship which will basically keep us here another three years to meet the requirements. We don’t have plans after that but considering traveling around the states at that point. Sorry I’m not much of help but I literally read you post to dh and we were laughing at how similar we are. Would love to know you irl

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:33 pm
We’re stuck here for sure the next three years while I’m in school. I’m hoping to get into a scholarship which will basically keep us here another three years to meet the requirements. We don’t have plans after that but considering traveling around the states at that point. Sorry I’m not much of help but I literally read you post to dh and we were laughing at how similar we are. Would love to know you irl

Is there a way to move this to a private conversation?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:33 pm
You can pm me

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 7:59 pm
Houston is accepting/chilled, affordable housing, and it's very warm Smile. There are a lot of people from NY/NJ who moved here for the same reasons as you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:01 pm
Come to Hollywood, FL. This is a truly warm community. It's largely MO, but there are some more black hat types and some Chabad and a large sephardic pressence as well. Housing is no longer cheap but it's not outrageous either. I didn't really want to move here initially, because we are not MO and thought no way I'm going to fit in here - but it was affordable enough and close enough to our kids's schools so we moved here and it's been amazing. Such a friendly, welcoming place.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:41 pm
Do you have the kinds of jobs that are available anywhere? Salaries in different fields can vary according to location. You've gotten lots of good suggestions, but you do have to take the job market into account.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:26 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Come to Hollywood, FL. This is a truly warm community. It's largely MO, but there are some more black hat types and some Chabad and a large sephardic pressence as well. Housing is no longer cheap but it's not outrageous either. I didn't really want to move here initially, because we are not MO and thought no way I'm going to fit in here - but it was affordable enough and close enough to our kids's schools so we moved here and it's been amazing. Such a friendly, welcoming place.

It can be a good idea, my husbands parents live in Boca. But it’s Expensive. Is there a young community with newlyweds?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:28 pm
You can pm me

Messaged you

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:56 pm
Hi LOL

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Messaged you

I didn't get any message

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:30 am
boca raton
scranton big inexpensive homes they have a new school beth shalom
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating