Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Shiurim that have components of mental health in them

rachel0615

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:49 pm
It has been a long time since I have listened to shiurim. I love listening to talks about mental health, nutrition, self care, marriage etc that bring in psychology and how to be a fully functional person thriving in life. Are there shiruim by rabbis who focus on this? I would love to get back into listening to shiurim that have those components in them

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 9:51 pm
Twerskiwellness.com they have talks every Wednesday which IMO are mostly emuna talks

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:23 pm
Charlie Harary. He has a podcast, book or just google him and find something unde almist any topic

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:45 pm
Not a rabbi but Dr. David Lieberman is great with psychology and functional life things, and he talks from a torahdik perspective on torahanytime.com.

Rabbi YY Jacobson gives Torah lectures that link in mental health and self help in context. He's remarkably sensitive and insightful.

smss

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:50 pm
Not sure if this is what you mean but Rebbetzin Esther Baila Schwartz is very uplifting. She speaks a lot about being gentle with yourself, celebrating the positive and really every talk she gives is a self esteem boost, IMO. Hard to put into words but she's just a very loving, empathetic person who truly sees the greatness in everyone and it rubs off on you just listening to her!

smss

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 10:52 pm
Not rabbanim but Dr. David Pelcovitz and Dr. David Rosmarin are frum psychologists (or psychiatrists?! I always mix those up) who incorporate a lot of Jewish hashkafa. Both very worth a listen.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:03 pm
Rabbi Shmuel Gluck on Torah Anytime

rachel0615

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:25 pm
Thanks everyone! Lots to check out!!

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:19 am
Rabbi Mordechai Weinberger

rachel0615

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:34 pm
smss wrote:
Not sure if this is what you mean but Rebbetzin Esther Baila Schwartz is very uplifting. She speaks a lot about being gentle with yourself, celebrating the positive and really every talk she gives is a self esteem boost, IMO. Hard to put into words but she's just a very loving, empathetic person who truly sees the greatness in everyone and it rubs off on you just listening to her!

Where can I find her shiurim?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:41 pm
seeker wrote:
Not a rabbi but Dr. David Lieberman is great with psychology and functional life things, and he talks from a torahdik perspective on torahanytime.com.

Rabbi YY Jacobson gives Torah lectures that link in mental health and self help in context. He's remarkably sensitive and insightful.

Second both of these recommendations! Rabbi yy always me feeling better and less guilty

smss

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:15 pm
rachel0615 wrote:

Torahanytime.com

Bubby6

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:18 pm
rachel0615 wrote:

Love esther baila schwartz. Call up the TorahAnytime number and she is speaker #36. Currently there are no videos of her, due to COVID.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 6:55 am
Bubby6 wrote:
Love esther baila schwartz. Call up the TorahAnytime number and she is speaker #36. Currently there are no videos of her, due to COVID.

What is the phone number for Torah anytime?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:02 pm
Rabbi Avrohom Twersky

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 4:21 pm
Rivka Malka Perlman, on Youtube and Torah Anytime. Her focus is on healing and building relationship with Hashem. Very psychological and real. I found her Teshuva video exceptional: gentle, actionable, realistic and inspiring. It made my elul awesome last year.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 5:25 pm
Perl Abramovitz on TorahAnytime is amazing.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
What is the phone number for Torah anytime?

718 298 2077

If you can go to their website, there are other numbers dependo g which country or area you are in. Possibly a toll free number? Shall I get it for you?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:21 pm
Rabbi Avi Kahan

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 9:22 pm
Mordicha Weinberger on torah any time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational