Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much does teaching make?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I think 6 or 7 more years. I am only 26... started the process early and bh have enough money for what I need now!

Interesting. I’m also not a teacher but basically paid on their scale (public school) though I’m a 12 month employee instead of 10. This is my 6th year working in the system and iyh in about 6 years (step 12) I’ll be making 90K. But right now I’m much closer to 90K then you are (about 80K) so it’s interesting that we’re both going to end up with the same amount in the same amount of years when we’re so far apart from each other now with our salaries.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Jun 27 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
NYC DOE. Just about 90,000. Less than 10 years in ( don't want to give exact number for too much info)
I work 8 to 2 20 3 days a week and 8 to 3 40 twice a week. Summers, legal holidays and 3 full week vacations off.
It's fantastic!!! But not doable for someone who needs a flexible job.

I can't wrap me mind around salaries for full time work in ny at 30,000. I am making 60,000 more plus FULL health covered and a pension plan.
I'm begging you all, if at all possible, to consider switching. For your sake. Reading this thread is so so sad Sad

For ppl that have kids in the schools they teach in, tuition can be a huge part of the equation ( I was the only staff member in my school to be fired by corona - got unemployment- because the rest of the staff literally all has 2+ kids at the school. Each tuition is worth around 15k)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics