Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Should children stand up for peers when treated unfairly?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Do you value caution or pugnacity?
I prefer my children to be cautious and not to interfere  
 10%  [ 7 ]
I try to teach my children to stand up against injustice  
 90%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 70

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:15 am
Surplus wrote:
A bullying teacher should be reported to the principal by the parents. It’s close to impossible for one student to defend the other in such a situation, because she will most like become the next victim of this teacher.
If a teacher needs to stoop so low and needs to use bullying to be able to control then she shouldn’t be teaching.

Yes, I could well see a teacher who is not very sensitive and who doesn't have particularly good middot do something like this!

giselle

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:25 am
Ora, here is what I perceive as the problem. I don’t think it’s an issue of bullying vs. sticking up for what’s right. Everyone is welcome to voice her opinions on imamother. But I notice you tend to push an issue almost obsessively, which others understandably don’t take well. So if I post that I want to know what kids are wearing to camp, and your opinion is that people shouldn’t worry so much about what others wear, that’s fine. The problem arises when others then attempt to explain why the OP in fact has a good reason for asking, and then it’s like you didn’t hear at all what they had to say and just keep going on with your agenda. Which is also technically fine, as you may not agree with what others are saying. But seeing that it’s an overall pattern, I can see why users might get annoyed with it. And when you’re practically the only one who views something as bullying, wouldn’t it make sense to reassess the situation?

pause

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:31 am
Ora in town wrote:
Do you write this in the purview of your role as moderator or just as a user among others?

I'm only a moderator of a private sub-forum which you are not a member of. And even then, if I post as a mod, I will sign off with
[-pause, as mod] in a red font
to indicate that I'm using my modding priviliges. Otherwise, as in this thread, I am posting as a user.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:54 am
giselle wrote:
Ora, here is what I perceive as the problem. I don’t think it’s an issue of bullying vs. sticking up for what’s right. Everyone is welcome to voice her opinions on imamother. But I notice you tend to push an issue almost obsessively, which others understandably don’t take well. So if I post that I want to know what kids are wearing to camp, and your opinion is that people shouldn’t worry so much about what others wear, that’s fine. The problem arises when others then attempt to explain why the OP in fact has a good reason for asking, and then it’s like you didn’t hear at all what they had to say and just keep going on with your agenda. Which is also technically fine, as you may not agree with what others are saying. But seeing that it’s an overall pattern, I can see why users might get annoyed with it. And when you’re practically the only one who views something as bullying, wouldn’t it make sense to reassess the situation?

Very well said. Here, take this loudspeaker and repeat a few times. Maybe it will penetrate Director

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:36 am
Surplus you rock! The more you post the more I love ya!

Honestly humor is so important and can be a rare commodity in these challenging times.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Surplus you rock! The more you post the more I love ya!

Honestly humor is so important and can be a rare commodity in these challenging times.

Awwww thanks!
Yup, I try to associate with happy people. Makes life more pleasant.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:06 pm
Regarding the ice cream party, do we wait for the machine and make homemade recipes or we go with Pride of the Farm? That is the question.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:34 pm
Surplus wrote:
Regarding the ice cream party, do we wait for the machine and make homemade recipes or we go with Pride of the Farm? That is the question.

How about some of each? Ice cream

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:52 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
How about some of each? Ice cream

Great idea. This way neither of the 2 ice creams will feel left out.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics