Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Quote having to do with home

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:24 am
Does anyone know of a good quote that relates to the home? A jewish one is best, but any will do. When I google it, I get non jewish ones and prefer first jewish ones. When I say jewish, I mean by someone jewish, religious, some sort of religious meaning. Thanks

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:27 am
yo'ma wrote:
Does anyone know of a good quote that relates to the home? A jewish one is best, but any will do. When I google it, I get non jewish ones and prefer first jewish ones. When I say jewish, I mean by someone jewish, religious, some sort of religious meaning. Thanks

חכמת נשים בנתה ביתה
מה טובו אהליך יעקוב
איש על ביתו איש על מחנהו

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:33 am
Ora in town wrote:
חכמת נשים בנתה ביתה
מה טובו אהליך יעקוב
איש על ביתו איש על מחנהו

But in english Wink . Thanks

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:41 am
Look up Yehoshua 24:15, ve'anochi uveisi na'avod es Hashem. I'm coming up with Chr. translations and can't find one of ours easily.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:43 am
What sort of message... Like "there's no place like home" or "who says you can't go home" or something else?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:49 am
singleagain wrote:
What sort of message... Like "there's no place like home" or "who says you can't go home" or something else?

It’s for a family newsletter, thanks to imamother for the idea, and I originally wrote When you are good to others, you are best to yourself. by Benjamin Franklin, but I was thinking I want to write something having to do with home. I found a lot of great quotes from aish.com, but couldn’t find about the home. It was difficult to search for it because when I search with the word home, I get home page.

freilich

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:59 am
Home is where the heart is!

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:04 am
I searched home on the hadaya website and for these three

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:05 am
Here's the Artscroll Tanach translation, end of Yehoshua 24:15: But as for me and my house, we will serve Hashem! (Yes, exclamation point.)

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:15 am
Home sweet home
Their is no place like home
Home is where the heart is

silverlining3

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:47 am
-A house is made of brick and mortar, but a home is made by the people who live there.
-To be an ideal guest, stay home
-The ultimate luxury is being able to relax and enjoy your home
-Having somewhere to go is a HOME. Having someone to love is a FAMILY. Having both is a BLESSING.

Eta More
-A house is made of walls and beams, a home is made of love and dreams (similar to 1st one)
-It's not how big the house is, it's how happy the home is
-HOME
Happiness
Ownepship
Memories
Everything
-There's nothing like staying home for real comfort
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational