Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Where’s the outrage?
1  2  3  Next

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:56 am
This totally puts the lie to the phony agenda of the black lives matter agenda. They couldn’t care less about the much more prevalent black on black violent crime; they are completely silent on it. it only suits their agenda when they can feign outrage at police on black brutality which occurs statistically at less than one percent of the time in police interactions with blacks. And of course we don’t discuss the fact that blacks statistically are involved in a majority of crimes and that’s the reason police have more interaction with them in the first place.

But hey, why waste a golden opportunity to make demands and try to take over, with accusations of racism lobbed at anyone who dares oppose them? And let’s take down some statues while we’re at it too; especially since their democrat leaders are supporting them at every turn in their transparent attempt to pander for votes.

Alderman, former officer on deadly weekend in Chicago: 'Where is the outrage?'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/.....trage

Angolama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 10:59 am
This has been discussed to death every time there are protests about racist policing. The answer is that black on black crime is not systemized, so there is no system to protest and lobby. You want them to make laws against blacks killing and assaulting each other? There already are.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 11:16 am
Angolama wrote:
This has been discussed to death every time there are protests about racist policing. The answer is that black on black crime is not systemized, so there is no system to protest and lobby. You want them to make laws against blacks killing and assaulting each other? There already are.

Oh gosh, how utterly lame. And you’re actually defending that pathetic excuse?

Angolama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 11:21 am
Cheiny wrote:
Oh gosh, how utterly lame. And you’re actually defending that pathetic excuse?

Thank you for so clearly, calmly, and eloquently explaining your issues with the above statement and your proposed plan of action, without resorting to personal attacks and disparagement.

CiCi

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:25 pm
Cheiny, I totally agree with you. Liberals beat around the bush, but the bottom line that black lives dont matter to liberals when the murders are perpetrated by blacks themselves. It's so hypocritical.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:48 pm
Angolama wrote:

Sure you can protest anything. You can ask for more policing! You can ask for help to create safer cities. As soon as policing is let up, the middle class leaves and gangs sprout up.

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:03 pm
Rayshard Brooks was drunk driving in a black neighborhood, cheating on his children's mother, and had spent time in jail for beating his 3 year old. Clearly black lives didn't matter to him.

I wish black lives mattered so much that the black community prioritized good citizenship, moral behavior, and educating their children with love. While we all know there are blacks that fit that description, as a whole, the black community has a long way to go in proving how much their lives matter to THEM.

We teach others how to treat us, enough said

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:10 pm

ora_43

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:19 pm
Of course there's outrage over so-called "black on black crime," that's why Black Lives Matter exists.

I'll try to back up and explain.

There are already laws against black people violently assaulting other black people. There are already people whose job it is to enforce those laws: the police.

Not only is it not the job of random civilians to take out drug dealers, domestic abusers, and what have you, it's pretty much illegal. The US has "stand your ground" laws (and even that, not in all states), not "feel free to play Batman" laws. You or I aren't allowed to pull guns on people we suspect of being drug dealers; only police can do that.

The rage over cops killing black protesters isn't just rage over police violence, it's rage over the lack of effective policing plus police violence. Or in other words - rage over the fact that 'black on black violence' (seriously, such a stupid term, do we say 'white on white violence'?) is continuing more or less unchecked, and the people whose job it is to stop that violence are not only not stopping it, they're also committing violence against non-violent suspects.

L'havdil alfei havdalot - imagine a woman working hard to prepare for Shabbat, while her husband rests on the couch. She's cooking, mopping, trying to deal with the kids; he's catching up on the news. She's frustrated, but decides not to comment. And then he says "sweetie, could you bring me a soda?"... and she goes off on him.

Clearly, the issue was not just his request for a coke. Equally clearly, it would make no sense to say "why is she so worried about his request, and not about all the stuff she still has to do to get ready for Shabbas?"

Alternative

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:21 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:

I have no idea who the 'thug' is in that picture. Who is he? Why is he a 'thug'?

And although I live far from America, I thought the word 'thug' has become racially charged? AFAIK it's got a problematic past, as it was used primarily to describe blacks.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:22 pm
CiCi wrote:
Cheiny, I totally agree with you. Liberals beat around the bush, but the bottom line that black lives dont matter to liberals when the murders are perpetrated by blacks themselves. It's so hypocritical.

Exactly and their only possible response is justification of the hypocrisy and shooting the messenger. Very transparent and typical liberalism.

Java

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:23 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Exactly and their only possible response is justification of the hypocrisy and shooting the messenger. Very transparent and typical liberalism.

Those darn liberals... They should all be taken out to the yard and shot.

ora_43

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:23 pm
Two important disclaimers:

disclaimer the first: it may not come as a surprise to hear, but I'm not a BLM activist from the inner city. I'm basing this on my own experiences in a high-crime area, in a completely different country, including conversations around policing and listening to people's frustrations.

disclaimer the second: Of course "not all police" - many police officers work hard to fight inner-city crime and would never abuse a suspect. I'm talking about public perception of the police force as a whole, not accusing individual cops.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:25 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Sure you can protest anything. You can ask for more policing! You can ask for help to create safer cities. As soon as policing is let up, the middle class leaves and gangs sprout up.

As we’ve seen how very well their tactics work, and the phoniness of their cause, there have now been shootings at the CHOP site where they’ve thrown the police out of their precinct. Now the democrat mayor who originally praised the protesters and the cause, and did nothing to stop the situation, is having to clean up the mess she refused to contain and also encouraged (in her typical liberal manner of coddling criminals). Baltimore and Chicago have seen record numbers of shootings and violent crimes over the weekend, as other cities run by Democrats have. Good job.

Java

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:26 pm
Cheiny wrote:
As we’ve seen how very well their tactics work, and the phoniness of their cause, there have now been shootings at the CHOP site where they’ve thrown the police out of their precinct. Now the democrat mayor who originally praised the protesters and the cause, and did nothing to stop the situation, is having to clean up the mess she refused to contain and also encouraged (in her typical liberal manner of coddling criminals). Baltimore and Chicago have seen record numbers of shootings and violent crimes over the weekend, as other cities run by Democrats have. Good job.

Those darn Democrats... Let's take them out and shoot them too while we're at it.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:28 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:

What does this even mean? The Beatles had some political songs relevant to their times.

I dont know that rapper in your picture. but when I did listen to rap. I listened to The Roots a lot.( And some wu-tang.) They were pretty political and sociological as well. But why is that relevant to this?

I don't know if you can use music as an example of a community being woke. Whatever the hell that means.

Black communites have violent crimes it's sad. It was sad to go to my friend's funeral and hug her 3 kids. She was murdered by her husband.

There is also a police issue. It can't be denied.

There is a lot of inner and outer work to be done for black communities.

Sadly the media exploits only one of their issues. While they can bring awareness to it all.

ora_43

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:43 pm
Alternative wrote:
I have no idea who the 'thug' is in that picture. Who is he? Why is he a 'thug'?

And although I live far from America, I thought the word 'thug' has become racially charged? AFAIK it's got a problematic past, as it was used primarily to describe blacks.

It's a rapper who goes by Young Thug Smile

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:57 pm
Just like the Beatles are not actually pro-cancer for having never made a song against cancer, not every politically involved person is in support of everything he or she has not specifically spoken against.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:27 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Just like the Beatles are not actually pro-cancer for having never made a song against cancer, not every politically involved person is in support of everything he or she has not specifically spoken against.

That logic doesn't fly anymore. Go in Instagram and see... Silence on any issue seems to mean something.

Even though I agree that not everyone needs to give their opinion on everything.

But we are taking about the media. And the media certainly does find ways to manipulate people with what and how they deliver "news"

Last edited by avrahamama on Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 2:28 pm
avrahamama wrote:
That logic doesn't fly anymore. Go in Instagram and see... Silence on any issue seems to mean something.

How does Instagram have any authority on this?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics