Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Where’s the outrage?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:32 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
How does Instagram have any authority on this?

Well silence is compliance according to many in the current BLM movement. So if I were a company or influencer or whatever ... Staying silent on anything means I don't care.

In any case OP is directing this at the media and news companies as a whole. And I understand what she is saying.

That if the media "cares" they would bring attention to the issue as a whole. Because policing is only part of it.

CiCi

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:33 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Exactly and their only possible response is justification of the hypocrisy and shooting the messenger. Very transparent and typical liberalism.

Exactly. Liberals stand for zero responsibility and 100% blaming and deflecting. They are self-destructing and dysfunctional and I hope this mayhem of their own doing ultimately only affects them and doesnt destroy the US in their efforts to destroy society which stands on order and responsibility.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:37 pm
CiCi wrote:
Exactly. Liberals stand for zero responsibility and 100% blaming and deflecting. They are self-destructing and dysfunctional and I hope this mayhem of their own doing ultimately only affects them and doesnt destroy the US in their efforts to destroy society which stands on order and responsibility.

Couldn’t agree more. Statues are being taken down, cities are being burned, looted, police are thrown out, and the Democrats say, how very worthy a cause it is, what can we do to make you happy? The mayor of Seattle proclaims it will be a summer of love (what an embarrassment she is) and now she is paying the price for her stupidity and coddling of criminals instead of bringing lawfulness back. What a disaster they are to the communities they lead.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:44 pm
CiCi wrote:

Well, that's certainly what Republicans want people to believe.

And Republicans are for caging and starving children at the border and allowing police to murder people of color.

Neither are true.

But it is impossible to have a reasonable conversation with anyone who dismisses anyone who disagrees with her as a demented extremist.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:10 pm
In case people thought otherwise, I would like to state for the record that I am opposed to the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:31 pm
Did you know that 85% of white people who are killed in the US are killed by other white people? Don't you care? Where is the outrage? Why are you white folks not taking to the streets? Why are we not protecting ourselves against these violent whites? They are self-destructing and dysfunctional and I hope this mayhem of their own doing ultimately only affects them and doesn't destroy the US in their efforts to destroy society which stands on order and responsibility.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Did you know that 85% of white people who are killed in the US are killed by other white people? Don't you care? Where is the outrage? Why are you white folks not taking to the streets? Why are we not protecting ourselves against these violent whites? They are self-destructing and dysfunctional and I hope this mayhem of their own doing ultimately only affects them and doesn't destroy the US in their efforts to destroy society which stands on order and responsibility.

This example was more helpful to me that. The hurricane sandy one.

In any case. More frustrating to me is how there is no such thing as plain factual news. And that media uses it's power to influence people rather than inform.

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:24 pm
Fact is over 100 people were shot in Chicago over Father's Day weekend including 4 teens and a beautiful 3 year old baby boy.

Nobody cares. FACT. Why? Because it doesn't fit the BLM agenda. Burn down a target because of a bad cop? Sure. But is anyone going to tear down a statue or burn down an auto zone for this beautiful baby? Are politicians going to hold several funerals for these young teens? No. Because this doesn't fit their agenda.

Black lives only matter if its a white on black crime.
The only systemic racism I see is white wealthy liberals egging on and keeping black people enraged on something that isn't there. It is much too difficult and uncomfortable to face head on the real problems of the community. And these beautiful children are paying the price.

For shame!

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:29 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Fact is over 100 people were shot in Chicago over Father's Day weekend including 4 teens and a beautiful 3 year old baby boy.

Nobody cares. FACT. Why? Because it doesn't fit the BLM agenda. Burn down a target because of a bad cop? Sure. But is anyone going to tear down a statue or burn down an auto zone for this beautiful baby? Are politicians going to hold several funerals for these young teens? No. Because this doesn't fit their agenda.

The only systemic racism I see is white wealthy liberals egging on and keeping black people enraged on something that isn't there. It is much too difficult and uncomfortable to face head on the real problems of the community. And these beautiful children are paying the price.

For shame!

Indeed, my point exactly. And instead of doing the right thing by the black community, helping them climb out of their self destructive patterns of lacking education, surviving on welfare, having children out of wedlock, resorting to crime, Dems instead indulge their demands, coddle them and encourage their lawlessness...all so they can claim they are pro black, falsely accuse Trump of racism, and pander for their votes. The confused Biden will soon announce a black woman as his choice for VP nominee, in line with playing blacks for their votes. Digraceful.

servewithjoy

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:32 pm
Fact: Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws which seems to correlate with higher and worse violence R"L

I hear Pennsylvania has been calmest because of gun second amendment laws that rioters and criminals know better than to mess with the law abiding citizens there.

Gave me a lot to think about.

Like Seattle, their mayor and council member supported the lawlessness til now three murders and more mayhem she is trying to walk it back.

shoshanim999

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:56 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Of course there's outrage over so-called "black on black crime," that's why Black Lives Matter exists.

I'll try to back up and explain.

There are already laws against black people violently assaulting other black people. There are already people whose job it is to enforce those laws: the police.

Not only is it not the job of random civilians to take out drug dealers, domestic abusers, and what have you, it's pretty much illegal. The US has "stand your ground" laws (and even that, not in all states), not "feel free to play Batman" laws. You or I aren't allowed to pull guns on people we suspect of being drug dealers; only police can do that.

The rage over cops killing black protesters isn't just rage over police violence, it's rage over the lack of effective policing plus police violence. Or in other words - rage over the fact that 'black on black violence' (seriously, such a stupid term, do we say 'white on white violence'?) is continuing more or less unchecked, and the people whose job it is to stop that violence are not only not stopping it, they're also committing violence against non-violent suspects.

L'havdil alfei havdalot - imagine a woman working hard to prepare for Shabbat, while her husband rests on the couch. She's cooking, mopping, trying to deal with the kids; he's catching up on the news. She's frustrated, but decides not to comment. And then he says "sweetie, could you bring me a soda?"... and she goes off on him.

Clearly, the issue was not just his request for a coke. Equally clearly, it would make no sense to say "why is she so worried about his request, and not about all the stuff she still has to do to get ready for Shabbas?"

I think you're giving the black community and their leaders way to much credit.

Are you willing to say that there is a SYSTEMIC problem in the black community with regard to police brutality? How many calls do police go on a year in their community and how many result in questionable police tactics?

I think the reason the term black on black crime took hold is because their leaders are constantly pushing the narrative that even in 2020 black people are oppressed by racist white people.

It's important to make known the fact that the biggest threat to black people- is other black people. At only 13% of the population, black people commit almost 50% of violent crimes, most of which are against other black people. The murder rate in the black community is almost 4x as high as the rest of the population. So anytime there's a chance (like the George Floyd murder) to distract the country from the reality -that the reason blacks are leaders in all the wrong categories is because of their own doing- they pounce and talk about how blacks are being oppressed.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:01 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I think you're giving the black community and their leaders way to much credit.

Are you willing to say that there is a SYSTEMIC problem in the black community with regard to police brutality? How many calls do police go on a year in their community and how many result in questionable police tactics?

I think the reason the term black on black crime took hold is because their leaders are constantly pushing the narrative that even in 2020 black people are oppressed by racist white people.

It's important to make known the fact that the biggest threat to black people- is other black people. At only 13% of the population, black people commit almost 50% of violent crimes, most of which are against other black people. The murder rate in the black community is almost 4x as high as the rest of the population. So anytime there's a chance (like the George Floyd murder) to distract the country from the reality -that the reason blacks are leaders in all the wrong categories is because of their own doing- they pounce and talk about how blacks are being oppressed.

Right and every time they disingenuously cite the fact that police have much more interaction with blacks than other groups, they neglect to tell you that’s because blacks commit so much more crime than other groups.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

SOW, do white people riot when police kill an unarmed white man?

That's the difference!

Also, there is much less white on white crime then there is black on black crime.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:04 am
exaustedmom wrote:

For shame!

Clearly this isn't a "white on black crime" issue, there are hundreds of cases a year in which a white person murders a black person and it barely makes the news. The issue is police on black crime.

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:18 am
servewithjoy wrote:
Fact: Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws which seems to correlate with higher and worse violence R"L

I hear Pennsylvania has been calmest because of gun second amendment laws that rioters and criminals know better than to mess with the law abiding citizens there.

Gave me a lot to think about.

Like Seattle, their mayor and council member supported the lawlessness til now three murders and more mayhem she is trying to walk it back.

What are you using to come to your PA conclusions? Have you not seen the arson and violence? Laws don’t equate to enforcement. Have you looked into crimes not prosecuted and lack of convictions in Chicago? The justice system is a system that is subject to abuse and politics. Jussie Smollett anyone?

Last edited by aliavi on Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:23 am
ora_43 wrote:
Clearly this isn't a "white on black crime" issue, there are hundreds of cases a year in which a white person murders a black person and it barely makes the news. The issue is police on black crime.

With more police interactions with a specific group there will be more of everything. Also, there aren’t hundreds of cases a year of while on black murder in the US. Please don’t create an untrue narrative to support the point you made. Your point doesn’t need it.

aliavi

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:26 am
#BestBubby wrote:
SOW, do white people riot when police kill an unarmed white man?

That's the difference!

Also, there is much less white on white crime then there is black on black crime.

Violent crime. Whites commit white collar crime (no pun intended) against other whites at higher rates.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:16 am
Quote:
It's important to make known the fact that the biggest threat to black people- is other black people.

You're missing my point.

Why are black people so at risk? Why is it that just 5 years ago, a black person was more than 4x as likely to be the victim of murder than a white person? Because police are not preventing the murder of black people.

Now, you could argue that this isn't the fault of the police, or at least not their fault alone - that this is a complicated issue involving the global drug trade, failing school systems, and a dozen other things (although that, too, implies the need for systemic change). And of course the murderers themselves bear the main burden of responsibility.

But it's not about blame, it's about the overall relationship. Middle-class Americans in the suburbs can be forgiving about a handful of unjustified police killings of people of "their type," because overall they have a good relationship with the police and see them as protectors.

For people in high-crime urban areas, there isn't necessarily the same room for error. The trust is missing, the perception that police can and do protect innocent people is missing. It's not "sure, police occasionally kill poor black people, but that shouldn't be upsetting because criminals kill poor black people all the time." Because criminals kill poor black people all the time, there's not enough goodwill toward police built up to take the blow of a police killing, especially not one as blatant and horrific as the murder of George Floyd.

Quote:
At only 13% of the population, black people commit almost 50% of violent crimes, most of which are against other black people. The murder rate in the black community is almost 4x as high as the rest of the population.

Poor people living in poor neighborhoods are far more likely to commit crime, and black people are far more likely than white people to be living in poor neighborhoods.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:19 am
aliavi wrote:
With more police interactions with a specific group there will be more of everything. Also, there aren’t hundreds of cases a year of while on black murder in the US. Please don’t create an untrue narrative to support the point you made. Your point doesn’t need it.

There are approximately 200 cases of white-on-black murder in the US per year. Look at the FBI database, you can find murder statistics by race there.

I'm not saying there are 200 cases of white-on-black murder motivated by race. I'm guessing most of those murders are between criminals, just like most murders in general.

leah233

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:29 am
You can argue about why but the bottom line is and always has been, that liberal policies being implemented equals increase in crime and murder. The more liberal the more crime and the more murder.

Take it or leave it.

If you care about lives (black or white) vote conservative.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics