Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Going rate for pool rental
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:17 pm
What is the going rate for renting out my pool to a family for an hour? What about to a daycamp (who I assume I need to charge less to if they’re taking it every day)?

TIA

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:20 pm
I would be interested in renting it.

Can you post contact info?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:26 pm
Lakewood area is 40-45 for private. Don’t know about day camp and not sure if that helps you in NY..

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:33 pm
We pay $75 an hour in Monsey.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
We pay $75 an hour in Monsey.

Wow I wish I lived in Monsey. Was thinking more of the $45 range. Any ideas for how much to charge a daycamp or someone who wants to rent it on a daily basis?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:47 pm
Depends on the size of the pool and if it's heated. Nice, decent-sized heated pools in monsey go for 65-80. Smaller pools without heater go for 40-60.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:48 pm
I’d be very wary of renting my pool to a day camp. They’re going to wreck it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow I wish I lived in Monsey. Was thinking more of the $45 range. Any ideas for how much to charge a daycamp or someone who wants to rent it on a daily basis?

It's a big liability to rent out for a daycamp, I think it's too risky. And the pool area might get wrecked. My friend rents her pool for a daycamp because it's the only way she can afford the maintenance, it becomes such a mess.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:51 pm
I live in Toms River and rent out pool for $60-$120 per hour depending on day, time of day, weather, and amount of people

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:53 pm
Btw in general I don’t recommend renting out your pool at all.

simcha2

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:54 pm
It's a big liability to rent out for a daycamp, I think it's too risky. And the pool area might get wrecked. My friend rents her pool for a daycamp because it's the only way she can afford the maintenance, it becomes such a mess.

This.

Does your insurance cover this? Does theirs?
Even to individuals I would make sure your insurance covers rental.

There was just a horrific incident in NJ yesterday where an electrical fault in the pool (I assume filter or pump) ending up killing 3 people in the pool.

But not even that drastic, if a kid is running and breaks their arm, are you covered?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:10 pm
It is extremely unlikely that your insurance covers you for renting out a pool. Standard homeowners insurance doesn't even cover you if you are running a home business and have clients. It is one of the questions that is asked when you apply.

I don't understand how people could even consider renting their pool out. It's dangerous enough to have friends and family over and making sure there aren't accidents.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:26 pm
And don't forget that there are frum couples that tan in the nude & have s*x in pools that they rent out..... LOL Surprised

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I live in Toms River and rent out pool for $60-$120 per hour depending on day, time of day, weather, and amount of people
what is the breakdown of the price?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 11:23 pm
There’s an app called swimply and the same person has a frum version called shvimply which is website that hooks ppl up to rent out their pools and for others who want to rent pools. It’s avail all over the states.
https://shvimply.com/?query=Do.....false

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:01 am
And don't forget that there are frum couples that tan in the nude & have s*x in pools that they rent out..... LOL Surprised

Yes we've had that a few too many times 😒
Keep young children and DH away from windows!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:02 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
what is the breakdown of the price?

Honestly somewhat random... although definitely charge more for more kids and more ppl.. really depends on overall demand, and how badly we want it then 😉
It's more of an art. Not science

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Yes we've had that a few too many times 😒
Keep young children and DH away from windows!

Yuck! Puke and you still rent out your pool?? You should really tell people that sometimes your kids are at the window because obviously some people are really crazy and have no common sense at all.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:51 am

I’m feeling very grateful right now that my pool is not completely privately enclosed, so those who rent would never take that risk.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:54 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I’m feeling very grateful right now that my pool is not completely privately enclosed, so those who rent would never take that risk.

You shall hope they'd never take the risk.
Apparently people have s*x in pools that have windows facing them, that's not called fully private. And even in a fully enclosed pool, you should expect there to be security cameras around.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries