Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Medical bills

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 6:30 pm
I’ve been seeing the doctor quite often recently (various doctors) and having a bunch of lab work. Now, because of covid, they aren’t letting me pay copays on the spot and everything is coming via mail. I find myself getting lab bills and copay bills on a daily basis from all my appointments and am having a hard time keeping track of what was/wasn’t paid. I used to screenshot my payment confirmation but that doesn’t show the description of the service I’m paying for and now I thought I paid something but got another lab bill and I don’t know what’s what anymore. Anyone have ideas/tips how to keep track? I have been double billed before and double paid and I only realized after that the office made a mistake but they won’t usually offer a refund or tell you you’ve paid twice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:47 am
Bump

SYA

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:54 am
A lab bill should have an invoice number to differentiate different bills. In addition it should state the test they are billing for.

First thing would be to check the invoice numbers and dump any doubles. Then check the item to make sure there's no duplicates, meaning two different invoice numbers for the same test.

Don't dump any until you've recorded which invoice and test were paid, date paid and how it was paid. If you have a payment confirmation keep that too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics