Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
A friend's business

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:05 am
A friend of mine found a store that sells house items for very cheap. She buys in bulk and resells online to others. I know of the store and have bought some things there myself and was thinking of buying these items and marketing them to a community that is over an hour away from where we live and she would have no reach there anyway.

Do you think this is the right thing to do?

She is a very confrontational person in general and talks bad about people all the time. Our kids are friends and I don't want to get on her bad side but also think that even though it is her idea I would be doing this in a totally different area to totally different people.

What do you think?

Einikel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friend of mine found a store that sells house items for very cheap. She buys in bulk and resells online to others. I know of the store and have bought some things there myself and was thinking of buying these items and marketing them to a community that is over an hour away from where we live and she would have no reach there anyway.

She is a very confrontational person in general and talks bad about people all the time. Our kids are friends and I don't want to get on her bad side but also think that even though it is her idea I would be doing this in a totally different area to totally different people.

What do you think?

I wouldn’t.

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:51 am
I definitely wouldn't. The only reason you know about it is because she is doing it. There is a good chance that she will reach out to other communities further away. Can you look for other products that are not the same category to sell? I'm sure there are many options of other types of items that you could sell that would not be competing with her.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What do you think?

Sure why not? She sells online, you would be selling in person.

Success10

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:56 am
I don't think it's an issue halachically, or morally, since it's a separate location, but I wouldn't do it, just not to get on her bad side. It could get messy.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:41 am
Why not ask her? If she's a good friend, she shouldn't mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics