Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Yeshuvim

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:35 am
Looking to move to a yeshuv in israel, preferably near the center or Jerusalem. I know there are several nice ones but in looking for one with excellent religious elementary schools. We’re modern orthodox, so it can be a yeshuv with mixed secular, traditional, modern orthodox, chabad. Preferably sepharadic shuls and mikvah sun the area. With lots of parks and activities for kids/families. And affordable housing (most likely will rent first). Any ideas??

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:47 am
Bet El has an amazing boys school (don't know about the girls), is very close to Yerushalayim, and has everything else you mentioned. It's quite big, though - definitely more than 800 families. Do you want somewhere smaller?

For the community feel - you can't beat Kochav Hashahar (but cheap housing it is not! Rentals are fine, though). People there send to the local schools through 6th grade, and then send out to other towns for middle school/high school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:55 am
Thank you.
Yes, it’s ok if the yeshuv is large or smaller. Also ok if the elementary religious schools are coed.
Also prefer schools in the yeshuv, if they send to local schools, do they have school buses?

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 7:59 am
I'm not as familiar with yishuvim near the merkaz, but Kedumim is both lovely and varied - there, the culture is different by neighborhood, and they have a lot going on.

I've heard good things about Yakir and Peduel, and Shavei Shomron, but I've never checked them out personally.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking to move to a yeshuv in israel, preferably near the center or Jerusalem. I know there are several nice ones but in looking for one with excellent religious elementary schools. We’re modern orthodox, so it can be a yeshuv with mixed secular, traditional, modern orthodox, chabad. Preferably sepharadic shuls and mikvah sun the area. With lots of parks and activities for kids/families. And affordable housing (most likely will rent first). Any ideas??
Affordable housing is obviously all relative. What range are you talking ebout?
Efrat came to mind.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.
Yes, it’s ok if the yeshuv is large or smaller. Also ok if the elementary religious schools are coed.
Also prefer schools in the yeshuv, if they send to local schools, do they have school buses?

Both Bet El and KH have separate-gender schools.

In KH, the local schools are walking distance for everyone except the hilltop community and the Mitzpeh Kramim neighborhood, both of which have shuttles to/from school. I don't know the Bet El arrangement, but it is a VERY large town, so they must have something, even if it's just carpool arrangements.

Kids coming from out of town come on school buses.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:36 am
Adding to the list Karnei Shomron, not sure about what affordable housing means to you but there are many Yeshuvim in the Gush that fit the bill. Efrat has apartments so probably cheaper than other yishuvim in the area and has schools in the Yishuv itself.
In the Gush most schools are in the yishuv but a short bus ride away.
All yishuvim have Sfardi Shuls or at least a shul year caters to all nusachim (in our shul the nusach follows the chazan).
If you’re interested in a (very) small dati yishuv in the Gush which is a little out there but has affordable housing and an awesome community - I can recommend Pnei Kedem- where I live. One shul, one Mikva, daycare center 0-3 and gan for 3-4 and 5-6 year olds, I can prove more details.
There actually is a nice home for sale now add several properties for rent.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:42 am
What do houses in the Gush go for now, anyway?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:05 am
Rappel wrote:
What do houses in the Gush go for now, anyway?
We bought, on paper, 4 years ago, in the gush. 140 meters. 1.5million shekels.
But things the are already standing are usually closer to 2 mill and houses, stand alone houses can be over 3 million.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
We bought, on paper, 4 years ago, in the gush. 140 meters. 1.5million shekels.
But things the are already standing are usually closer to 2 mill and houses, stand alone houses can be over 3 million.

Congratulations!

Well then, comparatively, Kochav Hashahar is cheap. Houses plus yard are going for 1.1-1.5 million right now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions