Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Need birth certificate for my baby

Blumy

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:27 am
hi,
my baby is 8 months old and for some reason I never got a birth certificate. Not sure if I applied and never got or never applied. Does anyone know how I can go about getting one? I live in NJ.

Thanks

happy chick

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:29 am
In NY we fill it out in the hospital and they file for it. Do you not do that in nj? If you do, try calling the hospital and see if they filed it and how you can check the status. Did you try googling it?
Did you get a social?

lasagna

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:33 am
Where I live you fill out the information in the hospital and you get mailed the social card. You need to order the birth certificate online or pick it up in person. They don't just send it to you.

Blumy

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:37 am
in the past I filled the info in the hospital and they mailed it to me. this time we never received and I think I filled out the info.

frum_lady

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:20 am
I live in NJ. I had to go to my township office to pick it up. Call your hospital maternity ward, they’ll tell you what to do.

Frumme

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:52 am
Blumy wrote:
hi,
my baby is 8 months old and for some reason I never got a birth certificate. Not sure if I applied and never got or never applied. Does anyone know how I can go about getting one? I live in NJ.

Thanks

When I lived in NJ and had a baby, I needed to order it myself. You can buy it online, mail in a check, or visit the local office of Vital Statistics

Marathon

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:23 am
In NJ you have to fill out a paper they give you at the hospital and mail it in and they mail back the birth certificate. You can also go down to the office at 344 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ 07740 and pick one up

Blumy

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:26 am
Marathon wrote:
In NJ you have to fill out a paper they give you at the hospital and mail it in and they mail back the birth certificate. You can also go down to the office at 344 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ 07740 and pick one up

can I just go to the nearest township office?

Marathon

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:36 am
Blumy wrote:
can I just go to the nearest township office?

I think you have to go to the office in the township you delivered in
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries