Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tetralogy of Fallot

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:17 am
Is anyone familiar with this heart condition and has info on a great pediatric cardiologist to treat it in NYC?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this heart condition and has info on a great pediatric cardiologist to treat it in NYC?

YES! Cardiologist- dr solovetchik
Surgeon- Dr Q
Both in Columbia.

I have a 16 year old child with this condition. He is bh healthy and doing amazing.

Hatzlocha and Hashem should give u endless strength!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
YES! Cardiologist- dr solovetchik
Surgeon- Dr Q
Both in Columbia.

I have a 16 year old child with this condition. He is bh healthy and doing amazing.

Hatzlocha and Hashem should give u endless strength!

I second Dr. Soloweiczyk, he was my son's doctor (since aged out), a real mentch. Dr. Q is retired, there are other excelkent pediatric surgeons there. Refuah sheleimah!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:38 am
Get in touch with the organization called Yaametz Libechu, for parents of child with cardiac issues.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:38 am
My son has this. We were originally going to go with LIJ, dr cooper and the surgeon I forgot his name. We ended up in Boston for surgery with dr Emani. We currently follow up with dr Flynn at Weill Cornell. According to Yameitz libechu Columbia is the place to go for TOF in N Y

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:53 pm
Thank you all so much for your responses!

Has anyone heard of surgeon Dr. Mosca at NYU?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:03 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Get in touch with the organization called Yaametz Libechu, for parents of child with cardiac issues.
I second this

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:28 pm
Dr mosca used to be in columbiand left to NY a few years ago. He's excellent. However, I will second yametz libechu opinion that for this condition Columbia in general is best. Theres a special cardiac ICU, special cardiac floor with full staff dealing only with these issues there plus child life specific to cardiac. NYu calls itself a children's hospital so they can get better reimbursed from insurance but they're not. They're a general hospital with childrens services and children floors

naomi2

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 6:58 pm
Please go to Columbia. They are the best. We used Dr Bascha for our child's heart surgery. Different issue but the pediatric cardiology dept there is the best and that's what you want for you child. Refuah shelaima!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:21 pm
Columbia is the best in ny. However, a word of caution. They are not the best out of ny. Boston has surgeons for pediatric cardiology that do surgeries Columbia cant do. Depending on what's needed, may be worth getting second opinion

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:40 pm
My son had surgery at Columbia with Dr. Bacha (different heart condition). We were very happy with him although not with Columbia as a hospital. We did a lot of research and everyone said Columbia is the place to go for pediatric heart surgery in the NY area. Boston might also be an option depending on the age of your child. Ask around there are lots of organizations that can give referrals, Yametz Libechu as others suggested, ECHO, just do your research so you are confident in your decision.

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:45 pm
My child recently had open heart surgery for a valve issue in Boston with Dr. Del Nido. I met with Dr. Bacha as well to hear his opinion, but Dr. Bacha wanted to replace the valve and not attempt a repair. I am very thankful we went to Boston.
You can PM me for more info.
Refuah Shleima!
Hatzlocha!
Besuros Tovos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics