Home

Black People Exempt from Masks
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

shoshanim999

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 12:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
People of color don't need the media to tell them about racism.

Racism isn't limited to murder. Its being stopped for driving or walking while black. Its being told that you can't afford the home you're looking at, or the clothes in a store, because of your skin color. Its not being interviewed because of your name. And thousands of other things. Things have never been "calm." They've just been ignored.

We can go in circles with this. Black people are stopped because they statistically commit way more crime. I don't know where you're getting data regarding black people being told they can't afford homes or clothing.

People (including you) will always be suspect of black people as long as they are the leaders in crime statistics.

preciousmommy

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I actually view this as blatant racism against blacks.
If they cared so much about them being equal, then they shouldn’t be treating them differently with special kid gloves , like they are some sort of nebach cases or something.
Also, if the purpose of the masks is to protect our health, then the black people should take offense to this measure. They should want their health to be protected too. What they are doing with this rule is basically saying, you people are different and therefore we don’t care if your health is protected or not...all in the name of black lives matter ....they are such hypocrites it’s disgusting

Exactly. Reminds me of this Ami Horowitz clip I just saw, which I thought was fascinating.

He was interviewing young, liberal, white college students in Berkley, CA about Voter ID laws. They all agreed that requiring IDs to vote would be racist and restrict black votes, because black people often don’t have ID’s, don’t have internet access, don’t know where the DMV is, etc.

Then he stopped a number of black people in East Harlem to ask if they had ID’s. They all rolled their eyes and said yes. When asked if they knew any adults without ID’s, they said no. They knew where the DMV is. Everyone they know has internet access. And they all agreed it is actually kind of racist to be making these kind of assumptions about African Americans.

Stop giving black people a different set of rules - you’re being patronizing and not doing them any favors.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:10 pm
ora_43 wrote:
A single minute of googling would be enough to figure out that this isn't a law, it's a directive. People are "expected to adhere to its terms," but compliance is voluntary. Not only will police not be enforcing it, but private citizens aren't supposed to harass people for violating it, either.

And that makes it ok?

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:11 pm
octopus wrote:
I also didn't understand this. If black people are more vulnerable to covid, then why say they are exempt from masks?

It’s because everyone who’s pc has become terrified of offending blacks these days in any way, and so they bend over backwards trying to show favoritism towards them. Nauseating.

Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:13 pm
Fox wrote:
Perhaps she's confused, having heard somewhere that "poor children can do just as well as white children."

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

ora_43

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 1:23 pm
Cheiny wrote:
And that makes it ok?

Does it make it an intelligent, helpful response to fears of profiling? No.

But it does make it not legal discrimination, which was what the OP claimed.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:00 pm
preciousmommy wrote:
Exactly. Reminds me of this Ami Horowitz clip I just saw, which I thought was fascinating.

He was interviewing young, liberal, white college students in Berkley, CA about Voter ID laws. They all agreed that requiring IDs to vote would be racist and restrict black votes, because black people often don’t have ID’s, don’t have internet access, don’t know where the DMV is, etc.

Then he stopped a number of black people in East Harlem to ask if they had ID’s. They all rolled their eyes and said yes. When asked if they knew any adults without ID’s, they said no. They knew where the DMV is. Everyone they know has internet access. And they all agreed it is actually kind of racist to be making these kind of assumptions about African Americans.

Stop giving black people a different set of rules - you’re being patronizing and not doing them any favors.

Of course requiring photo IDs are NOT racist. The Democrats require photo IDs to enter government buildings, get welfare, fly on planes...

The purpose of lying that requiring IDs to Vote is Racist is to ENABLE VOTER FRAUD!!!

Dandelion1

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:13 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Im equally interested why she thinks that jobs that undocumented workers normally fill (unskilled, underpaid) are "black" jobs.

So you feel that African Americans are equally represented in high paying, white collar jobs.

You are a republican?

Dandelion1

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Not to mention assuming that underperforming schools in poverty stricken areas are "black" schools.

So, you feel public schools in predominantly back neighborhoods are as excellent and highly performing as those in predominantly white neighborhoods.

Doesn't really conform to what the protesters are contending.

shoshanim999

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:23 pm
Dandelion1 wrote:
So you feel that African Americans are equally represented in high paying, white collar jobs.

You are a republican?

They are indisputably not equally represented in high paying jobs.

The question is why? Is it because white employers are racist and don't want to higher black people or is it because do to their upbringing and education, blacks are often less qualified than whites?

Do you think the national basketball association is racist since the league is 90% black?

Dandelion1

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:48 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
They are indisputably not equally represented in high paying jobs.

The question is why? Is it because white employers are racist and don't want to higher black people or is it because do to their upbringing and education, blacks are often less qualified than whites?

Do you think the national basketball association is racist since the league is 90% black?

My question was asked tongue in cheek. Upthread there was a comment made questioning the integrity of some of the democratic party's policy motives, and suggesting that many of their policies go against the best interests of the African American community.

When that poster stated that African Americans were being deprived of a variety of entry level blue collar jobs, she was accused of saying that these types of jobs were "black" jobs (implying of course that she is racist).

And there was a similar comment, stating that the poster was labeling underperforming schools in poverty stricken areas as "black schools" (implying of course that she is racist).

The irony being that these are the EXACT contentions of those that are protesting against black inequality, namely, that schools in black neighborhoods are subpar, and African Americans are closed out of higher level jobs!

But in the name of scoring points against someone who is more politically conservative, these implications are called out as being racist.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 2:52 pm
Dandelion1 wrote:
My question was asked tongue in cheek. Upthread there was a comment made questioning the integrity of some of the democratic party's policy motives, and suggesting that many of their policies go against the best interests of the African American community.

When that poster stated that African Americans were being deprived of a variety of entry level blue collar jobs, she was accused of saying that these types of jobs were "black" jobs (implying of course that she is racist).

And there was a similar comment, stating that the poster was labeling underperforming schools in poverty stricken areas as "black schools" (implying of course that she is racist).

The irony being that these are the EXACT contentions of those that are protesting against black inequality, namely, that schools in black neighborhoods are subpar, and African Americans are closed out of higher level jobs!

But in the name of scoring points against someone who is more politically conservative, these implications are called out as being racist.

Thank you. Democrats are allowed to say things, but if a Republican repeats it its "Racist".

DrMom

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:09 pm
ora_43 wrote:
A single minute of googling would be enough to figure out that this isn't a law, it's a directive. People are "expected to adhere to its terms," but compliance is voluntary. Not only will police not be enforcing it, but private citizens aren't supposed to harass people for violating it, either.

But sure, "a single county in Oregon says being afraid of racial profiling is an OK reason to not wear a mask" = democrats hate white people. Makes perfect sense.

Okay, it's a wacky *directive* and not a wacky law.

It's still an excellent example of how Leftist wokeness is making a mockery of our legal and political system

Dandelion1

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:13 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Thank you. Democrats are allowed to say things, but if a Republican repeats it its "Racist".

This is where many liberals lose all credibility. In their steadfast refusal to acknowledge and account for complexity and nuance in areas that depend on it.

Real progress and change requires intelligent higher level thinking, not a knee jerk, I can one-up you mentality..

A perfect example is the sad sad case of Rayshard Brooks. I have yet to hear any semi-reasonable individual say that George Floyd's killing was anything but a brutal murder.

The Rayshard Brooks case is not as clear cut. An honest approach would be to acknowledge that he grabbed a police officer's taser, tased one officer, and turned and pointed it at the other. An honest discussion of this requires one to say "wow, this one is complicated, not so clear cut."

But true to form, there are the liberal headlines stating that a black man was murdered by police for "sleeping in his car." Shuts down all intelligent thought and honest commitment to hammering out a just path forward.

ora_43

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:21 pm
DrMom wrote:
Okay, it's a wacky *directive* and not a wacky law.

It's still an excellent example of how Leftist wokeness is making a mockery of our legal and political system

The difference is more than technical. Passing a law is a different process. And a discriminatory law would be a much bigger problem than a one-off statement.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:57 pm
Dandelion1 wrote:
This is where many liberals lose all credibility. In their steadfast refusal to acknowledge and account for complexity and nuance in areas that depend on it.

Real progress and change requires intelligent higher level thinking, not a knee jerk, I can one-up you mentality..

A perfect example is the sad sad case of Rayshard Brooks. I have yet to hear any semi-reasonable individual say that George Floyd's killing was anything but a brutal murder.

The Rayshard Brooks case is not as clear cut. An honest approach would be to acknowledge that he grabbed a police officer's taser, tased one officer, and turned and pointed it at the other. An honest discussion of this requires one to say "wow, this one is complicated, not so clear cut."

But true to form, there are the liberal headlines stating that a black man was murdered by police for "sleeping in his car." Shuts down all intelligent thought and honest commitment to hammering out a just path forward.

Precisely, which is why they are accurately described as fake news, and you had mothers here falling in line and arguing, “He did nothing wrong! He was just sitting in his car. He should’ve been allowed to leave on his own!” Never mind that he was drunk, “just sitting in his car” asleep at the wheel in the takeout line of a fast food joint, and was out on parole for a DUI conviction!

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:00 pm
I didn't read the whole thread so please forgive the left field comment but I rarely see a black person who is not wearing a mask. Maybe they are not obligated to wear masks but whenever I see masks being worn here in Monsey, the wearer is usually either black or Hispanic. Maybe it has something to do with science.

Dandelion1

Post  Thu, Jun 25 2020, 10:03 am
Cheiny wrote:
Precisely, which is why they are accurately described as fake news, and you had mothers here falling in line and arguing, “He did nothing wrong! He was just sitting in his car. He should’ve been allowed to leave on his own!” Never mind that he was drunk, “just sitting in his car” asleep at the wheel in the takeout line of a fast food joint, and was out on parole for a DUI conviction!

I'll just add one more thing, which is that "fake news" is despicable no matter which side of the spectrum it comes from.

I've seen ridiculous things done by the conservative media as well. Such as taking Biden's comments out of context and pretending that he was saying something completely different from his actual meaning.

It just shocks me, again and again, when people are content to accept this drivel instead of demanding incisiveness and considered, intelligent content from the people we pay to deliver crucial information.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h