Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Frozen Gnocchi-what to do with it?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:24 pm
Not dairy. What can I do with it to serve with meat meal? Not shlishkes please. TIA.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:31 pm
Toss with pesto

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:36 pm
You can make pesto without the parmesan.

All you need is a bunch of very fresh basil (not dried!), some garlic, some pine nuts or walnuts, and some olive oil. A bit of salt is nice. Blend until smooth-ish, but still a bit chunky in places for some interesting texture.

This freezes really well, so make a big batch. You can put the leftovers in an ice cube tray, and when frozen take them out and put them in a Ziploc bag. (Mark the tray, so that you'll know not to put water in it! If you do, the ice will taste like garlic. Confused )

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:39 pm
Gnocchi with meat sauce is really rich and decadent.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:44 pm
Fake Alfredo

Sautee a bunch of mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Add some parve "cream cheese", and water it down with soy milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Toss in the gnocci at the last minute. Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. I like sea salt, white pepper, and a tiny pinch of nutmeg.

People will not believe that it's not dairy!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:44 pm
Toss colorful cut veggies on a cookie sheet with olive oil and seasonings to taste. Add sliced kielbasa or sausage and gnocchi and toss again. Roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 3:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
You can make pesto without the parmesan.

All you need is a bunch of very fresh basil (not dried!), some garlic, some pine nuts or walnuts, and some olive oil. A bit of salt is nice. Blend until smooth-ish, but still a bit chunky in places for some interesting texture.

This freezes really well, so make a big batch. You can put the leftovers in an ice cube tray, and when frozen take them out and put them in a Ziploc bag. (Mark the tray, so that you'll know not to put water in it! If you do, the ice will taste like garlic. Confused )

I asked for no dairy recipes. Thanks anyway.

Sorry, Frantic, I thought you wrote with Parmesan.

Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:00 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Her recipe is not dairy.

I will additionally share mine.
Go to your local koshermart. Buy a jar of pesto. Go home (take the jar with you. It doesn't help if you forget it in the store.)

chmom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:11 pm
Fry them in olive oil and fresh sage, salt and pepper
The sage leaves turn crispy and delicious

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:13 pm
Cheiny wrote:

She responded appropriately. Pesto without the dairy. I make it this way all the time too

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:14 pm
I make this pesto soup with gnocchi, beans and greens often. It's vegan/pareve and very filling.

https://www.theppk.com/2011/04.....eens/

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:17 pm
Lets_Eat_Pie wrote:
I make this pesto soup with gnocchi, beans and greens often. It's vegan/pareve and very filling.

https://www.theppk.com/2011/04.....eens/

Thanks, but we’re not big fans of pesto. I’m just looking for something simple. Thanks to everyone for all the ideas.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:01 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Thanks, but we’re not big fans of pesto. I’m just looking for something simple. Thanks to everyone for all the ideas.

For super simple you could toss with olive oil, salt and garlic.

raich

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:59 pm
Toss with pulled beef and gravy/sauce! Not something you'd have lying around though... It's a good idea for if you have extra roast after Shabbos or Yom Tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking