Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please tell me it's not Covid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:36 pm
Woke up with an achy throat. Have 99 degrees now.
(DH was definitely sick before Pesach and BH I evidently didn't get from him. We used separate rooms, pretty much, and I wore gloves & washed my hands constantly, but did not wear a mask).

Now I've gone out a couple of dentist (like for dental work that could no longer be postponed) and now I am thinking I will JUST STAY HOME. And put up a pot of chicken soup. AND NOT GET NERVOUS! Right?

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:38 pm
right!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
(DH was definitely sick before Pesach and BH I evidently didn't get from him. We used separate rooms, pretty much, and I wore gloves & washed my hands constantly, but did not wear a mask).

Now I've gone out a couple of dentist (like for dental work that could no longer be postponed) and now I am thinking I will JUST STAY HOME. And put up a pot of chicken soup. AND NOT GET NERVOUS! Right?

A low grade fever and a sore throat doesn't inevitably spell covid to me. But iMNSHO you should isolate as much as possible, and get tested.

Refuah shleima one way or another.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:43 pm
Gargle with warm salt water.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No! Do not automatically assume it is covid.

Probably just a cold or a strep (which is making its rounds now in my community....)

The doctors refused to properly check out my relative who was feeling sick....
Only after the family intervened and pressured the doctor to test for more things the doctor finally "gave in".... that was a few WEEKS in. It was a different infection and relative wasn't properly cared for and it affected the lungs, liver & spleen.... some of it irreversible.....

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:45 pm
Oh, and def stay home!
Even before covid, if you're sick, STAY HOME.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 4:47 pm
Go to the dr and get tested for covid and strep

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:03 pm
I should go to the doctor and get exposed to more sick people? No thanks. I will stay home and have a lot of chicken soup!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I should go to the doctor and get exposed to more sick people? No thanks. I will stay home and have a lot of chicken soup!

No reason to be nervous but definitely get tested. Knowledge is power and knowing is better than not knowing. Chicken soup won’t help you if you have covid (I say this as someone was confirmed positive)

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes! Because if it's strep, don't risk having it neglected....

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:15 am
OP, what is the point of posting this here? We are not your doctor, you are not in the doctor's office or speaking to your doctor. How can anyone tell you one way or the other what it is that you might have?
Many doctors now are doing phone appointments. Why not call your doctor's office and tell him/her your symptoms and see what s/he says?
Thats what my sister did when she had a sore throat and fever. In the end she was told to go get tested. In the end she was negative and it was just a bad fluy bug. But we cant tell you one way or the other.

Also, if it is strep, that NEEDS to be treated, so very worth while to talk to your doctor.

Refuah sheleima either way.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 4:51 am
In Israel you can get a COVID test at home. MADA comes to your building in an ambulance and you are given the test on the street. Not sure where you live OP so Idk if it's relveant.

Hopefully you don't have COVID. It's always good to check so you don't have to be anxious of passing it on to others.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 5:25 am
LovesHashem wrote:
In Israel you can get a COVID test at home. MADA comes to your building in an ambulance and you are given the test on the street. Not sure where you live OP so Idk if it's relveant.

Hopefully you don't have COVID. It's always good to check so you don't have to be anxious of passing it on to others.
Are they still doing that? I know in the beginning thats how it was being done. But when things calmed down, they were not doing that. I know a month ago they were not and my sister had to do a test maybe 2 weeks ago and she had to go to the kupa.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 6:38 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Are they still doing that? I know in the beginning thats how it was being done. But when things calmed down, they were not doing that. I know a month ago they were not and my sister had to do a test maybe 2 weeks ago and she had to go to the kupa.

I know someone who got a test 2 weeks ago too. Was also told to go to the kupa at first, then they said - if I have corona I should NOT be going. I have a fever, you SHOULD come here. So they came here.

If you request it they will.

There's a lack of care or concern about corona

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:14 am
In Monsey many urgent cares have drive up testing. I went to the state testing site. You don't even open your car window until the nurse is ready to test.
Call your doctor, and ask how to get tested without getting exposed. There are procedures in place.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:14 am
Many drs offices are doing covid and strep tests outside. Theres also drive through covid testing. Call your dr to find out your options

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:15 am
Getting tested now is easy. Go with a mask. Some urgent cares give results in 15 minutes.
And when we went for covid test (negative) it was indoors. Nurses weren’t really nervous. It was a diff atmosphere.

The only reason I’d think not to test is if your worried they may quarantine your family or ppl you’ve come in contact with.
Honestly it’s only fair to quarantine so ppl can take precautions. Imagine if ch’v yo gave it to your dentist and he continues to work on ppl putting vulnerable ppl at risk.
Did your DH ever take a covid test? Are you sure he had it?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:10 am
Call your doctor. Find out the easiest and best way to get tested locally.
Hatzlacha! Refuah shleima either way.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And this is exactly why the official numbers dont mean much....if you have people getting infected with covid but not testing and showing up on the trackers, then covid can stil be here, and still spreading

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 25 2020, 9:15 am
Refuah shelaima OP.

One thing jumped out at me was that you had dental work. I was seriously ill last year and they traced it to strep that got into my bloodstream due to dental work.

Please get checked out if your symptoms don't improve with the chicken soup.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics