Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it the latest fashion to have a short sheitel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:08 pm
Where I live I see a lot of short sheitels lately worn by ladies that normally wear long. Is this the latest style?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:09 pm
Let’s see for how long....

I wouldn’t do it because the next year it’s going to be long and I’ll be left with a too-short wig..., remember bobs?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where I live I see a lot of short sheitels lately worn by ladies that normally wear long. Is this the latest style?

All year round, or just now for the summer?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:13 pm
I’ve definitely realised it now in the summer

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:30 pm
Ive seen it also in the winter. On people who typically wear past their shoulders but are now wearing above their shoulders in a kinky wave

kenz

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:49 pm
If there weren't new styles trending, no one would buy new sheitels... That's why you should wear what looks good on you, not the latest, hottest trend. Of course, you don't want to look like a fifties housewife, either.

Fave

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:20 pm
I find that most people over 30 look better in the shorter style. Obviously it needs to be a sharp up to date cut (with some crimpy waves and not bouncy curls).

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:59 pm
Fave wrote:
I find that most people over 30 look better in the shorter style. Obviously it needs to be a sharp up to date cut (with some crimpy waves and not bouncy curls).

Wait what? Bouncy curls are out of style? When did that happen? How do you set a shaitel for shabbos or a simcha?
And what are crimpy waves?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:00 pm
Can any fashionable Sheital marchers chime in?
I just turned 31 and I’m planing to get a new Sheital !!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Wait what? Bouncy curls are out of style? When did that happen? How do you set a shaitel for shabbos or a simcha?

Exactly! Pray, tell.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:09 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Can any fashionable Sheital marchers chime in?
I just turned 31 and I’m planing to get a new Sheital !!

Midi length is definitely trendy

Petra

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:15 pm
What's wrong with a bob?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

Yes the style now even for shabbos or a simcha is more toned down and not “bouncy” curl. If u are dressed up, a wig with just some body or a very natural wave will still looked dressed up lol. (Don’t know if this is imp to u, but If u care about what’s in style, I would advise to stay away from bouncy curls or curls in general)

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 11:45 pm
Fave wrote:

Doesn't anyone wear a straight sheitel?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels