Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I want the sleekest straitrest hair
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I do not suggest a Miri

Can you give specifics why? The Olympia line is beautiful and if you need a bigger cap their nets run larger than Irene. (Irenes large can be too tight if you have a lot of your own hair. )

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:29 am
Frumme wrote:
Do you know if the blunt is lace front or regular front? I love my Irene Dolce II and flatter top would probably be nice... Not sure I could deal with a high maintenance lace front though

Just for the record, lace fronts and tops are not high maintenance, in my opinion. Not sure where people get this idea from...

I have 2 lace tops, and I treat them the same as regular wigs, maybe a tiny bit more gently.

Haven't had to do any maintenance on them.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Just for the record, lace fronts and tops are not high maintenance, in my opinion. Not sure where people get this idea from...

I have 2 lace tops, and I treat them the same as regular wigs, maybe a tiny bit more gently.

Haven't had to do any maintenance on them.

How long do you have them for? They rip very easily you need to be super gentle with it.
The front of the lace at the hairline can curl up making it look really horrible. You have to be careful how you put it on your head and how you put it on the styrofoam head when not wearing.
The way the hair is knotted into the lace, makes it very easy for the knot to open, causing the lace to lose hair. So a lot of people find they need to add hair over time to fill in any sparse areas where the hair may have fallen out.
The lace in the hairline can stretch easily requiring a repair to tighten it.
This is what I can think off the top of my head.
It's definitely more maintenance than a regular wig that you throw on and off without thinking twice about it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
How long do you have them for? They rip very easily you need to be super gentle with it.
The front of the lace at the hairline can curl up making it look really horrible. You have to be careful how you put it on your head and how you put it on the styrofoam head when not wearing.
The way the hair is knotted into the lace, makes it very easy for the knot to open, causing the lace to lose hair. So a lot of people find they need to add hair over time to fill in any sparse areas where the hair may have fallen out.
The lace in the hairline can stretch easily requiring a repair to tighten it.
This is what I can think off the top of my head.
It's definitely more maintenance than a regular wig that you throw on and off without thinking twice about it.

Do you actually have a lace top, and have you actually experienced all of the above problems? Or are you just saying what you have heard about.

I have a lace from for 2.5 years, and lace top for a year and no problems so far bh.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:48 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Do you actually have a lace top, and have you actually experienced all of the above problems? Or are you just saying what you have heard about.

I have a lace from for 2.5 years, and lace top for a year and no problems so far bh.

Yes I'm a sheitalmacher. I'm not saying every wig will have these issues. Count your blessings that you haven't had to maintain your wigs!

Also, when I'm out between people I cringe internally at how bad some people's lace hairlines look. Like really awful. That comes from not maintaining it or wearing it properly. So someone may put zero effort into their lace but they don't realize what it looks like to others.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Yes I'm a sheitalmacher. I'm not saying every wig will have these issues. Count your blessings that you haven't had to maintain your wigs!

Also, when I'm out between people I cringe internally at how bad some people's lace hairlines look. Like really awful. That comes from not maintaining it or wearing it properly. So someone may put zero effort into their lace but they don't realize what it looks like to others.

I hear ya. Yeah, bh I haven't had issues.

Hope my lace is fine, it looks good to me. Dont know

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 11:19 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I do not suggest a Miri

Why not?
I was pretty convinced from this thread to try a Miri Olympia...

jflower

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:27 pm
I'm very happy with my Malky wig. it's very sleek and straight. I paid $650 for 16" length. The hair is beautiful and fit is great.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 12:30 pm
jflower wrote:
I'm very happy with my Malky wig. it's very sleek and straight. I paid $650 for 16" length. The hair is beautiful and fit is great.

Did you buy it online?
Does she style it for you?

jflower

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you buy it online?
Does she style it for you?

I live in Brooklyn so stopped by & tried on quite a few wigs. Malky doesn't style; she just sells the wigs. If you want to add highlights or cut wig, you have to go elsewhere.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:21 pm
jflower wrote:
I live in Brooklyn so stopped by & tried on quite a few wigs. Malky doesn't style; she just sells the wigs. If you want to add highlights or cut wig, you have to go elsewhere.

Where is she located?

jflower

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:24 pm
Side Entrance, 863 E 18th St, Brooklyn, NY 11230

rdmom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 6:27 pm
I love my beka
It’s sleek. And gorgeous.
You can find her on insta. She is amazing. Beka wigs

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:26 pm
My Miri is naturally wavy so it doesn't last as long straight, but I've been really happy with it. Would totally recommend.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:24 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Get the Olympia from Miri, not the supreme.
The Olympia is really straight, one length and a very flat hairline. It's beautiful!

How much do the Miri Olimpia Wigs cost?
I don't see any information on their website for this line.
Do they hold a curl?
Do they come with lace front?
Where do I find more information fo rthese wigs?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 2:09 pm
My issue with Miri wigs is they don't stand behind
Their product. I purchased a Miri wig from a sheitel macher Which when I Got home saw damage. Neither sheitel macher or Miri would
Fix the issue. They each said it's the
Others responsibly. Worst brand
To deal
With

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I am curious, I am not a fan of the sleek, straight look. Please can someone explain why people like this?

Well, how do I explain it?
Oh, It’s almost like when someone likes kinky waves.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels